Sponsored

Road noise - carpet vs rubber. Do you think rubber floor has sound deadening?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you want some real noise reduction in keeping with the retro Bronco theme then Shag carpet everything Floors, headliner, dash.....shag away
Dynamat under the carpet will make a big difference.

About Dynamat
Since 1989, Dynamat has brought you innovative sound damping solutions that improve the performance of your car audio system by getting rid of unwanted vibration and noise. Look in Crutchfield's Dynamat store for sound damping products to use in your car's body panels or in your sub enclosure to improve performance, minimize rattles, and reduce noise. And count on Crutchfield for expert product and system-building advice, including toll-free technical support.
Sponsored

BadK22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco '92 Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would definitely think there would be some sort of damping underneath the rubber flooring (and carpet) in key areas that are deemed high noise during acoustic testing.

An option for those wanting the hose out capabilities of the rubber floor yet who also want to keep the road noise out could opt for something like the OEM carpet floor mats to reduce the echo and reverb. When you go offroad, just take the floor mats out.

RunninRiot

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I help run an acoustic panel manufacturer and I’ll be experimenting with a few product types for S&G’s. Mainly washable sealed fiberglass panels used in hospitals and acoustic felt.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had an FJ Cruiser which came with a “wash out” interior. It was loud as shit.

Also there was zero sound deadening in the huge roof so it felt like you were in a tin shack in a rainstorm.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you want some real noise reduction in keeping with the retro Bronco theme then Shag carpet everything Floors, headliner, dash.....shag away
HaHa..I tried to sound deaden an EB using indoor outdoor carpeting (sorry, not shag) on most surfaces with 1" styrofoam behind where possible, no noticeable improvement.

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
HaHa..I tried to sound deaden an EB using indoor outdoor carpeting (sorry, not shag) on most surfaces with 1" styrofoam behind where possible, no noticeable improvement.
EB?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OspreyFE55

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Smart ForTwo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think it will be a big difference, I had several Jeep’s with the carpet removed and the tub bed lined with Monstaliner. No difference in sound but did noticed the floor was hotter on the passenger side. Anyone getting the Sasquatch package will have noise regardless, those M/T will be load as hell!

glutton

Badlands
First Name
wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I talked to my sources and the carpet is worth a -.75 Db reduction.

Is this serious? This is the things you guys sit around and think about? Lol. The difference should be negligible if at all and the thought never even crossed my mind.
Yep i do think about it. I want a quite ride on the raod. When i was young and rugged didn’t care. Now I’m older and not so rugged. My large Kabuto tractor is loud and i love it. I’ll do 95% of my traveling on the open road in my bronco.. so i need quite.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep i do think about it. I want a quite ride on the raod. When i was young and rugged didn’t care. Now I’m older and not so rugged. My large Kabuto tractor is loud and i love it. I’ll do 95% of my traveling on the open road in my bronco.. so i need quite.
I’m quite partial to quiet rides too. Debating carpet vs rubber in a car in a hypothetical situation is a waste of time.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m quite partial to quiet rides too. ...
I see what you did there.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
they are not MT tires. Not sure why people keep saying they are. MT in this instance means max traction. If you don’t believe me go check them out at tirerack.com >> https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+Territory+MT

I don’t think it will be a big difference, I had several Jeep’s with the carpet removed and the tub bed lined with Monstaliner. No difference in sound but did noticed the floor was hotter on the passenger side. Anyone getting the Sasquatch package will have noise regardless, those M/T will be load as hell!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The rubberized flooring probably won’t make much difference. It seems like a thin layer is painted on.
Honestly not too hard to pull up the floor and lay some sound deadening down. Killmat is really inexpensive and does a great job. I did my doors in my Explorer and it killed tons of sound and made my speakers sound way better.

Last edited:

Section8

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
My car has this kind of interior and honestly it doesn't seem that loud to me. Keep in mind, the Element with the seats out is basically a giant rubber and plastic cave, but I don't seem to notice much road noise. I think it depends on how well designed the system is.

Having said that...

So far, Ford hasn't impressed me with the interior design of the Bronco. The dash looks good, but the functionality design seems lacking. Weird color matching, a massive gap between the rear seats, seats that aren't removable, fold flat if your definition of flat includes stairs, black vinyl to cook in the sun, and so on. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if the sound deadening isn't as good as it could be.
Sponsored