Sponsored

Washout Floor vs Carpet -- cabin noise difference?

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have experience with cabin noise difference when comparing washout floor to carpet? Preferably with a hardtop.

I really like MGV, but not sure how much louder interior will be. As a daily driver I am not sure if it would get a little old after a while. Thanks!
Sponsored

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dont really have any road noise in the cabin unless I have the top or doors off. I wouldn't worry about it.
... Are you sure you're driving a Bronco?

My Badlands with MGV and washout floor.. is loud. Most of the noise is indeed from the tires. I have the Sasquatch wheels & tires, and they're noticeably louder than the BF Goodrich original badlands tires were.

This is the loudest vehicle I've ever had. Second loudest having been a 2003 Corvette convertible..

You're not the first to say it's quiet though, I see a lot of people say 'it's no louder than any other truck I've driven'. And I'm just over here like.... seriously? What kind of trucks have you been driving, 80's rust buckets?

Or maybe mine's just broke and I have nothing to compare it to except the much quieter vehicles I've driven recently.. Ford Edge, Chevy Silverado 1500, and a Chevy Equinox.

But back to OP's question, the only other bronco I've driven in was a base sasquatch at off roadeo.. and that was only leaving first gear a small handful of times so couldn't tell noise levels and on paved road only when crossing it to the dirt on the other side.

Monitoring this thread as I'd like first hand accounts from people that have driven / ridden in both too.

Last edited:

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My Badlands with MGV and washout floor.. is loud. Now most of it is wind noise from the top, but I definitely have road noise too, especially with the sas tires.

This is the loudest vehicle I've ever had. Second loudest having been a 2003 Corvette convertible..

You're not the first to say it's quiet though, I see a lot of people say 'it's no louder than any other truck I've driven'. And I'm just over here like.... seriously? What kind of trucks have you been driving, 80's rust buckets?

Or maybe mine's just broke and I have nothing to compare it to except the much quieter vehicles I've driven recently.. Ford Edge, Chevy Silverado 1500, and a Chevy Equinox.

But back to OP's question, the only other bronco I've driven in was a base sasquatch at off roadeo.. and that was only leaving first gear a small handful of times so couldn't tell noise levels and on paved road only when crossing it to the dirt on the other side.

Monitoring this thread as I'd like first hand accounts from people that have driven / ridden in both too.
My SAS Badlands is really loud, but only from the hardtop wind noise. Tire noise is almost non existent. I wouldnt worry about MGV, you should worry about the hardtop.

OP
OP
Scape Goat

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My SAS Badlands is really loud, but only from the hardtop wind noise. Tire noise is almost non existent. I wouldnt worry about MGV, you should worry about the hardtop.
Thanks for the input. I mostly drive surface streets. Not much freeway. I drove a four door soft badlands and two door wildtrak. Hardly a comparison. I made my piece with wind noise. I am fine with a noisier car, but I have to consider the wife's concern with noise on longer trips šŸ˜†

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't notice the washout. Now the top, it gets loud over 65ish. Wind gets in the middle seams.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I doubt the difference is noticeable. If it is even a potential concern is this the right vehicle for your needs?

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy an Explorer.

OP
OP
Scape Goat

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those that are doubting this vehicle is "right" for me, my first order was a soft top badlands with sas. I was fine with noise level, but hadn't driven a 4 hardtop with carpet.

I think it is hilarious that people really think because someone want to take road noise into consideration with their off-road daily driver that suddenly they shouldn't own a Bronco at all. I knew when starting this thread I would get some flames. Still ridiculous.

If I am spending $60k+ on truck and the difference between washout and carpet is like comparing my 1991 Toyota pickup or my 2012 frontier, then it is a reasonable question to ask.

Thank you for all the productive posts. I also wonder if carpet helps keep the cabin warmer in winter.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The test drove a MGV Badlands mannequin, and a Wildtrack on the same stretch of road on the same day. The Badlands was about 3db (phone app) louder up until 55-60 when the wind noise took over. MGV was still not bad though, totally doable. The carpet interior was about on par with an Explorer, previous Gen. 150 with the addition of some slight tire noise, but very quiet overall.

Sponsored

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Badlands with MGV and washout floor.. is loud. Now most of it is wind noise from the top, but I definitely have road noise too, especially with the sas tires.

I don't notice it because I either have the windows down, top off or the top and doors off. Maybe my ears aren't as sensitive as the old folks commenting šŸ˜„

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t hear noise that is an issue from the floor. I do get noise from the top. Saying that with surprise is funny. So many posts about how loud the tops are on a CONVERTIBLE. I am not sure why itā€™s not expected. For me, I only have back windows in for one season. ITā€™S SO LOUDā€¦ā€¦. SMH.

Ford Bronco Washout Floor vs Carpet -- cabin noise difference? 6019C078-C746-48DC-87EE-EB1F7610E926

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Sasquatch Badlands with the leather package. So I have carpet, minus wind noise it's a nice quiet ride.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scape Goat

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I donā€™t hear noise that is an issue from the floor. I do get noise from the top. Saying that with surprise is funny. So many posts about how loud the tops are on a CONVERTIBLE. I am not sure why itā€™s not expected. For me, I only have back windows in for one season. ITā€™S SO LOUDā€¦ā€¦. SMH.

Ford Bronco Washout Floor vs Carpet -- cabin noise difference? 6019C078-C746-48DC-87EE-EB1F7610E926
Are those both yours? They look so good. Cyber orange pops!

I really like the soft top. I would get a soft top and just buy a hard top later, but it is more cost effective to buy the soft top later.

OP
OP
Scape Goat

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a sasquatch badlands with the leather package. So I have carpet. Minus wind noise from the top, it's nice a quiet.
I watched your videos on YouTube. Keep up the content! šŸ‘
Sponsored