Thoos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just found out the rear AC vents are below the front seat. If the flooring is rubber and washable, can water get into the vents?
This would be an insane design flaw...
Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve never had an open air vehicle, but the sand will blow in my part of the world and I’m liking the idea marine seats and rubber floors so I can just blow it out with an air compressor. I’m a little concerned with the Texas heat and marine seats though! ?

Kogi

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There seems to be quite a bit of hub bub around water getting into your rig, controversy around active v. passive drain plugs, and just overall anxiety about the topic.

My question is; where the hell do you all live where you’re actively flooding interiors?

I live in Seattle with a rig that goes topless in the summer, and not in the winter.

If you are in fact running topless year round, then maybe invest in a sump pump and perhaps all new electronics while you’re at it.
Honestly using it to wash out mud, sand, etc. is great and will come in handy but what im really hoping for is to kid proof my car. I have a 4 year old and 10 month old. Imagine a family car that hates stains as much as I do.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Black carpet is damn tough to visibly stain.

my JKUs both got rained in a couple of time, pop the drain plugs and pull the carpet up and put something under it to hold it up. Was totally dry the next day.
The only reason I want rubber flooring is if these things leak water like crazy and the carpet always stays wet.

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, but black carpet shows every spec of clingy foreign matter that won’t vacuum out. Dust? Holy crap, black carpet is also bad. My Explorer has the Ford weather techs, and its not good enough. I’d have opted for cloth seats to go with my vinyl floors though.

OC4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I want the washout interior because I plan on using it for fishing, kayaking, 4 wheeling and having my dog along. It will get dirty and dog hair will fly! Cloth interiors would look like crap in short order, let alone the smell.....

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My FJ had the vinyl/rubber floor and what they called all weather cloth seats. The floor was fantastics. No worries about getting in with dirty/muddy boots. The seats I was sceptical. I typically opt for leather for easy care and clean up. The cloth seats actually were great. No signs of wear after 5 years. Spills were very easy to clean. Hot days were not an issue. I wouldn't rule out cloth as an option. Have to see what material Ford goes with.

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want the rubber floor for its ease to clean and wipe out. I am not planning to dunk it into a lake but wiping out after the kido dumps a drink along with chips or fries makes me happy. What really would make me happy is the wife not giving those things in the first place. There will still be floor mats that are carpet so there will be some soft items. I am happy with vinyl seats as it saves me from getting leather for its wipe/easy cleaning. I think in a perfect world instead of vinyl a neoprene or wetsuit type of mold resistant seat covers to keep Temps down would be cooler but vinyl is probably better long term.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't understand the logic of carpeted vehicles. It was probably a luxury at the time it got implemented but it's really illogical to keep it now. What benefit does it serve besides being slightly soft. Carpet/cloth interiors aren't exactly great quality either.
Ever since I had to slam on my brakes the first time in my current car and my coffee went flying and spilled everywhere, I can't get a vinyl was out interior fast enough.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I read this article and was left wondering. https://fordauthority.com/2020/09/h...onco-doesnt-have-rear-seat-console-a-c-vents/

Here's a photo that was shown.
Ford Bronco Carpet vs Rubber floor 2021-Ford-Bronco-4-door-rear-seat-AC-vents
This was a heated discussion point for a while on the forum.

https://www.bronco6g.com/confirmed-4-door-bronco-will-have-rear-vents/

Basically the answer is we won’t know how it will impact the ability to “wash out” the interior...
But I agree, it seems like a trivial matter to reconcile both features in a suitable way, but we won’t know until we know.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't understand the logic of carpeted vehicles. It was probably a luxury at the time it got implemented but it's really illogical to keep it now. What benefit does it serve besides being slightly soft. Carpet/cloth interiors aren't exactly great quality either.
Ever since I had to slam on my brakes the first time in my current car and my coffee went flying and spilled everywhere, I can't get a vinyl was out interior fast enough.
Significantly helps with sound deadening / echo reduction.

Last edited:

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want the rubber floor for its ease to clean and wipe out. I am not planning to dunk it into a lake but wiping out after the kido dumps a drink along with chips or fries makes me happy. What really would make me happy is the wife not giving those things in the first place. There will still be floor mats that are carpet so there will be some soft items. I am happy with vinyl seats as it saves me from getting leather for its wipe/easy cleaning. I think in a perfect world instead of vinyl a neoprene or wetsuit type of mold resistant seat covers to keep Temps down would be cooler but vinyl is probably better long term.
Wash out floors just make natural sense in this day and age of families with kids, dogs, and frankly life. Don’t understand why they’re not way more common, though they probably help a bit with sound deadening, etc.

The new Defender actually has a lot of interesting stitched neoprene-like surfaces in place of leather, and has other durable fabrics, etc. I expect it will be an example to other OEMs for a while for how best to thread the needle between luxury and durability. Good things are possible, and they’re starting to realize what people really want and are willing to pay for.
Sponsored