Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Mini, 99 4Runner, 07 FJ Cruiser, 16 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is 50% or more of the Bronco’s tire exposed?
Yeah. Again, it’s 50% as in anything above the centreline of the axle, but that’s the law where I live. I’m sure most places it doesn’t apply
Ford Bronco Rokblokz mudflaps installed on Bronco 1E551767-4106-42ED-BE25-109A327AEE90
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah. Again, it’s 50% as in anything above the centreline of the axle, but that’s the law where I live. I’m sure most places it doesn’t apply
Ford Bronco Rokblokz mudflaps installed on Bronco 1E551767-4106-42ED-BE25-109A327AEE90
That sucks. There would be no way I would put mudflaps on my jeep after spending all that money on aftermarket fenders and such.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Somewhere here on the forum the guy (sasquatch owner) had rocks go through the PPF (I want to say it was on a fire road or backcountry gravel road of sorts with small gravel) and actually chip the paint. So not only did he need the PPF replaced but also had to deal with rock chips.
Have a link?

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like these over the $400 Ford ones. Adding to my shopping list!

Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
"looks exactly like what I want." The mudflaps or the girl?
Am I the only one who does not like the look of mud flaps?

I’m PPF mine on Tuesday.
PPF alone is not enough. Hate the looks of mud flaps but at this point, it is obvious that it is completely necessary for anyone that is going to take their Bronco off-payment.

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nice to see another option out there. I was on the fence from the beginning, but after hearing the many stories about rock chips, I went with the Gatorbacks...and glad I did. I've been off the pavement quite a bit and it's amazing the level of protection the mudflaps provide. (i don't care about the mud and dirt, but those big rocks flying off the tires is no joke) I was just north of Pikes Peak the other day in an OHV area...in the snow, ice and mud...and the flaps did their job very well both off the pavement and on.

Looks good, price is so high though! Are they flexible enough to take on the rocks?

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Following on from my comment earlier on, I set about thinking about a solution for Sasquatch Broncos with the OEM step bars.

After taking off the end cap last weekend, there is a mounting hole in the center at the bottom that could be utilized. And accompanied with the two bolts on the back side of the step, that should be more than strong enough to hold a mud flap and not have it moving around, yet still be independent of the fender flare.

Here is my crude mock up for the driver side front.

© CUPRA Industries

I like the simplicity of the design, but I don't think the paper will hold up very well.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
PPF alone is not enough. Hate the looks of mud flaps but at this point, it is obvious that it is completely necessary for anyone that is going to take their Bronco off-payment.
Again. Where is the evidence of this?

Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Again. Where is the evidence of this?
Richtor I'm sorry that you believe that people who share the same passion that you do for 6th gen Bronco are talking out of their asses just so you buy and install mud flaps. This community is for sharing our knowledge, experiences, and advice to help others. I am simply stating experiences that I have seen and heard. With that, I have concluded that I will not ignore the many comments and experiences that I have run into on this subject. You are free to do as you please. Kevin in his video talks about with less than 2000 miles on his new Bronco rock chips have made deep chips into his plastic panels and his painted lower panels (video 04:18- 04:51), if you think PPF is going to be able to withstand every rock chip impact and not penetrate through than hopefully, you will do a Youtube video to demonstrate its indestructibility. I went with XPEL's 10mil PPF the thickest on the market made for off-road abuse and still will be getting some mud flaps.

In the video, Kevin is also conveying what he has "learned" from a Bronco owner that his PPF was damaged because of the way the Bronco tires throws rocks (04:52). My point is simply this, I am not selling you anything for profit, just sharing what I have seen, heard, and believe and what to share that information to help. Having to prove that would require me to do all the legwork of retracing my steps in all the videos and forums that I have reviewed and studied on how I will build my Bronco. I don't need to do that. You can just ignore all the posts and Kevin's comments and proceed how you want. By all means, I hope your right, don't wish for anyone to get unnecessary paint damage, but I will be open-minded take in input then do my own research and proceed.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Richtor I'm sorry that you believe that people who share the same passion that you do for 6th gen Bronco are talking out of their asses just so you buy and install mud flaps. This community is for sharing our knowledge, experiences, and advice to help others. I am simply stating experiences that I have seen and heard. With that, I have concluded that I will not ignore the many comments and experiences that I have run into on this subject. You are free to do as you please. Kevin in his video talks about with less than 2000 miles on his new Bronco rock chips have made deep chips into his plastic panels and his painted lower panels (video 04:18- 04:51), if you think PPF is going to be able to withstand every rock chip impact and not penetrate through than hopefully, you will do a Youtube video to demonstrate its indestructibility. I went with XPEL's 10mil PPF the thickest on the market made for off-road abuse and still will be getting some mud flaps.

In the video, Kevin is also conveying what he has "learned" from a Bronco owner that his PPF was damaged because of the way the Bronco tires throws rocks (04:52). My point is simply this, I am not selling you anything for profit, just sharing what I have seen, heard, and believe and what to share that information to help. Having to prove that would require me to do all the legwork of retracing my steps in all the videos and forums that I have reviewed and studied on how I will build my Bronco. I don't need to do that. You can just ignore all the posts and Kevin's comments and proceed how you want. By all means, I hope your right, don't wish for anyone to get unnecessary paint damage, but I will be open-minded take in input then do my own research and proceed.
I’m just looking for first hand accounts pics of video of chips through ppf and chipping paint. Everyone says there’s proof but no one can show me the thread pics vids as evidence.

If there’s evidence I’d love to see it.

OP
OP
Jjt24

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m just looking for first hand accounts pics of video of chips through ppf and chipping paint. Everyone says there’s proof but no one can show me the thread pics vids as evidence.

If there’s evidence I’d love to see it.
Have you personally tried searching?