First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M235i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all - first, this is an awesome community and a great source of information.

I don’t like to complain, but I’m almost at my wits end dealing with a leaking MIC at the windshield frame for the fifth time. 2023 2dr Badlands Sas 7spd with 5k miles.

Picked up from dealership Wednesday (3/6) after they replaced all weather stripping and apparently used Ford’s newly recommended sealant. Lots of rain today and came out to a soaked interior (pics below).

Ford is also disappointing me in a major way. PM’d here on Feb 26 - was given a case number and told someone would reach out to me in a few business days. No response as of today, March 9.

Before the PM via this forum, I called customer service and got a case number. Tried to follow up after leak not resolved and the agent never called me back.

Hoping this post gets Ford’s attention. I’m a first time Ford owner and love the Bronco, this issue aside.

Did some searching on the forum and found some similar leak-related issues, but seems like panel alignment and new stripping resolved them. Would appreciate any advice. Maybe I should try a different dealership.

IMG_9859.jpeg

IMG_9862.jpeg
Sponsored

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These tops are an ongoing issue, I would not wait till Ford bot kicks in and asks for your vin#. Another dealer might be your answer after 5 times, heck I am on my 4th replacement top as of now. No leaks but cracks and peeling. Good luck after the bugs get gone it is a blast!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can you get a video next time? Because that's a lot of water spread over a wide area. Curious how something like that can happen.

My Bronco gets a few drops now and then, which I don't care about, but nothing like your photos.

Sponsored
OP
OP

joelstrummer

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M235i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you get a video next time? Because that's a lot of water spread over a wide area. Curious how something like that can happen.

My Bronco gets a few drops now and then, which I don't care about, but nothing like your photos.

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / Mercedes E350 (2014)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly, since I'm waiting on mine with dual tops, considering they upgraded the soft top and we want to use the soft top the vast majority of the time, seeing situations like this makes me reconsider even messing with the hard top and the hold up on getting mine built.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Firstly, excellent choice on the 2dr manual BL.

This doesn't really solve the issue but my Bestop has been leak free if you had any interest in going that route. But most people don't have that terrible of leaking with the hard tops either and Ford needs to make it right.

Sponsored

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Firstly, excellent choice on the 2dr manual BL.

This doesn't really solve the issue but my Bestop has been leak free if you had any interest in going that route. But most people don't have that terrible of leaking with the hard tops either and Ford needs to make it right.
We have been holding our breath for Ford to make things right.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My way of thinking, tells me if they have authentically worked on the top weather gasket and it is still leaking like that, then there is another issue in that area of the vehicle. Something is blocking the drain off would be my guess.

RallyGorgo

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sounds like the dealer will be little help unfortunately.

When I was working on Honda Del Sol water leaks, the very first thing that had to be done was removal of all of the interior trim pieces around the roof and A- & B-pillars. Do you know if they pulled all of them out? Without that step the leak(s) could start many inches away from where it ultimately comes down at panel gaps/joints.

You may want to look for another dealer…

OP
OP

joelstrummer

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M235i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sounds like the dealer will be little help unfortunately.

When I was working on Honda Del Sol water leaks, the very first thing that had to be done was removal of all of the interior trim pieces around the roof and A- & B-pillars. Do you know if they pulled all of them out? Without that step the leak(s) could start many inches away from where it ultimately comes down at panel gaps/joints.

You may want to look for another dealer…
I’m not exactly sure what they removed, but it looks like at least some of the trim was separated to install the new weather stripping.

I know they’ve sent pictures to Ford and tried a couple different sealants.

As you and others have pointed out, maybe it’s time for some fresh eyes on the problem.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My way of thinking, tells me if they have authentically worked on the top weather gasket and it is still leaking like that, then there is another issue in that area of the vehicle. Something is blocking the drain off would be my guess.
Exactly my thoughts. I'd check the drain trough that runs across the top windshield frame. Possibly the adhesive that they applied plugged a good amount of the drain holes?
Sponsored

Last edited: