First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When I saw people complain that the back of the seat was fabric not rubberized, I said to myself, we've got way too much time on our hands.

But I just bought a new Highlander (cuz we needed a car, will give to wife when Bronco arrives in 2028) and the third row seat back is rubberized and it is MUCH BETTER. The back of the second row is fabric, oh well. I can now totally see how/why people want rubberized seat back, hoping Ford/aftermarket provides solution.
Ford Bronco Rubberized seat back, wow, that is better 20210416_130511
Sponsored

Badmommallama

Badlands
First Name
Candice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I saw people complain that the back of the seat was fabric not rubberized, I said to myself, we've got way too much time on our hands.

But I just bought a new Highlander (cuz we needed a car, will give to wife when Bronco arrives in 2028) and the third row seat back is rubberized and it is MUCH BETTER. The back of the second row is fabric, oh well. I can now totally see how/why people want rubberized seat back, hoping Ford/aftermarket provides solution.
Ford Bronco Rubberized seat back, wow, that is better 20210416_130511
That's nice, I have seen that as an option on several brands, not a dealbreaker for me, will possibly look for those aftermarket since I am getting a 2dr and seats will be down often.

CaseyH

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M4, Camaro, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know some people who just cut a piece of black marine carpet and put it over the entire back area on other vehicles. When it gets dirty, they pull it out, hose it off and pop it back in when it is dry.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ford Bronco Rubberized seat back, wow, that is better 300px-We_Don't_Do_That_Here
You will put 300,000 miles on that Highlander, amazing quality.

OP
OP
JackBoston

JackBoston

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A back row that folds fully flat??
Ford:
Ford Bronco Rubberized seat back, wow, that is better 300px-We_Don't_Do_That_Here
To be fair, there is a slight slope to it.

And my whole garage smells like a new car (not complaining).

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be fair, there is a slight slope to it.

And my whole garage smells like a new car (not complaining).
Still less than the Bronco, and probably better for having a more even load.

Btw, I'm an engineer at a factory in Illinois that makes the door panels, some body framing, and fuel inlets for the Highlanders. Hope you enjoy it😁

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah unfortunately carpet and this fella don’t get along
Ford Bronco Rubberized seat back, wow, that is better F9B20882-9F18-4012-AAA9-8FAB71812A10

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
A back row that folds fully flat??
Ford:
Ford Bronco Rubberized seat back, wow, that is better F9B20882-9F18-4012-AAA9-8FAB71812A10
Highlander is a unibody vehicle though, and without the same off-road performance design constraints of the new Bronco. Highlander doesn't even have 4low? Probably easier to make flat folding seats and other accoutrements in a Highlander vehicle class.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Highlander is a unibody vehicle though, and without the same off-road performance design constraints of the new Bronco. Highlander doesn't even have 4low? Probably easier to make flat folding seats and other accoutrements in a Highlander vehicle class.
it probably has the spare underneath somewhere there, so it's easy to make the seats fold flat. I'm happy that Ford gives us those extra inches of cargo space instead of somehow lifting the floor. Aftermarket or some wood and tools will make for a full flat area easily, with some room for stuff underneath. I plan to sleep in mine on short trips, so I'll either buy or build some platform that I can take out and gain the full cargo space back.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
it probably has the spare underneath somewhere there, so it's easy to make the seats fold flat. I'm happy that Ford gives us those extra inches of cargo space instead of somehow lifting the floor. Aftermarket or some wood and tools will make for a full flat area easily, with some room for stuff underneath. I plan to sleep in mine on short trips, so I'll either buy or build some platform that I can take out and gain the full cargo space back.
And without having to work around a ladder frame underneath (Highlander underbody image below), it's generally easier to form the unibody so as to accommodate things like folding seats, lower step in heights and other features. Especially if the vehicle also doesn't have the need for more rugged drivetrain components and supporting structures.

I wouldn't mind on the new Bronco, to have fully folding seats flat into the floor like my mini-van. But that's why it's a mini-van, and not a body on ladder frame vehicle I can bash off-road. :)

Ford Bronco Rubberized seat back, wow, that is better 1618601244031

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You will put 300,000 miles on that Highlander, amazing quality.
LOL. To the grocery store and back maybe. 5 years in the engineering department of Toyota, and still amazed at the misconception people have on their vehicles. It's a company that convinced people that it was the floor mat that pinned the accelerator pedal, and not a defect
Sponsored