Sponsored

Gawker says "Wow...that the full size Bronco? All I see is little Girl Broncos..."

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I live in SoCal and am thinking of driving my Bronco back from Granger at the end of this month when it arrives (vs shipping it). Wondering if you could share any details about your road trip back? How long it took, route, weather/snow and any issues or things you would do differently? Sorry to divert the thread, not able to DM you.
Sorry for elaborating in-forum, but maybe there's something for everyone.

The entire Granger trip experience was fantastic, well except for our flight out of Vegas being delayed about an hour, but I digress, that's a complaint session for a Southwest forum.

We weighed having a carrier bring it out, but opted to get it ourselves.

Our Southwest flight arrived in Des Moines at 4:30pm (scheduled for 3:30pm). As we deplaned I called Granger and they indicated that there was already a Red Bronco waiting in passenger pickup for us. Sure enough, Red Bronco (Big Bend - Soft Top) was waiting. We hopped in for the appx 30 minute ride from the airport to the dealership. There were a father/son with us as well who flew in from northern Utah to pickup their F350 Super Duty, so we had a full 5 person load.

The Granger experience was friendly, courteous and very fast, we were there a total of about an hour (including the pre-departure pictures). The FE was inside their "Ford" showroom, bookmarked by an F150 and a Mustang. Did the PDI for all of the concerns listed on B6G, got the 5 minute here's how it works then drove it to Finance. We already had all of the paperwork (except wet signatures) done. Dropped the proof of insurance with them and drove off.

Note to all of the other dealerships: There were no issues with Granger's below invoice offer whatsoever, and no funny business with ADM or other 'fees'. The discounted price on the DORA was the price on the final invoice. (plus the accessories and warranty we added).

It was already dark when we left and headed south on route 141, it was about 6 miles to Interstate 80. We drove 80 to North Platte NE and spent the night. Saturday AM we headed out on 80 and dropped onto 76 at Big Spring NE. The roads were clear, dry and pretty much wide open all the way. It was in the upper 20's to low 30's most of the time.

When we got through Denver on 76 we landed on 70. The only issue on 70 was about a 30 minute delay at the Eisenhower Tunnel at the Loveland Ski area. Great mountain pass, fun to drive, snow on the hills and active ski resorts. I was pleasantly surprised the roads were dry and sand/salt free. (Hit the undercarriage hard at the car wash when we got back...just in case)

While fueling on the east side of Denver a State Trooper fueling on a different island came by and spent a few minutes asking questions about the Bronco. He wants an Outer Banks, and interestingly enough had family in Pahrump (just west of Vegas for everyone else), which is nearby the Bronco Rodeo.

Took 70 through Utah. I don't know if you've been through Utah on 70, but its absolutely beautiful country (think Moab), just make sure you 1) don't need fuel and 2) have used the restroom. We were driving through in the sunset hours, adding great lighting to the scenic drive. 70 meets 15 near Beaver UT, from there a couple hour drive into Vegas.

It was the perfect weekend to drive, the weather was excellent and the Bronco ran great (16.7mpg average in the 70-80 mph range). I even let the wife drive for ~300 miles or so. Total drive time was right at (gained 2 timezone hours going west) 20.5 hours (1,419 miles) including food/fuel stops.

The good news is that there was no road damage to the front of the Bronco. I was waiting for the first rock to hit the windshield the entire way). We tried not to trail behind any vehicles to avoid debris from being kicked onto the Bronco. Best of all...no dropped valve, no coolant issues, no electrical issues and no rattles, pops or squeeks. We were pleasantly surprised at how well it handled and the overall comfort level.

It might be faster for you to head south through Kansas City to Oklahoma City and take 40 West. 40 may be affected by Snow in the higher elevations this time of year. Check the weather in advance, if its favorable, enjoy the trip back, if not your Bronco is more than capable for harsh conditions.

image4.jpeg
Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've done the drive from Denver multiple times with no problems (16 hours on average, by my self pushing it) and since you'll be breaking in your Bronco I know you won't be speeding like in CA... BUT, don't speed in Utah! or anything else.

I had hwy hypnosis starting and after just telling my buddy we need to switch drivers a the trooper saw my head nod a bit and pulled me over. I wasn't speeding and told him we were going to switch at that very moment, but he used it to tie us up and search my car. He didn't have a right to do the search but it would have taken longer to fight him on it than to go through it.

He said "the reason for the search(es) is hwy 15 is a major drug corridor" and that was before the legalization in all the states that surround Utah that have legalized it, CO, CA, OR & WA so don't risk the hassle and "break in your Bronco" at or below the limit. And be fully awake!

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've done the drive from Denver multiple times with no problems (16 hours on average, by my self pushing it) and since you'll be breaking in your Bronco I know you won't be speeding like in CA... BUT, don't speed in Utah! or anything else.

I had hwy hypnosis starting and after just telling my buddy we need to switch drivers a the trooper saw my head nod a bit and pulled me over. I wasn't speeding and told him we were going to switch at that very moment, but he used it to tie us up and search my car. He didn't have a right to do the search but it would have taken longer to fight him on it than to go through it.

He said "the reason for the search(es) is hwy 15 is a major drug corridor" and that was before the legalization in all the states that surround Utah that have legalized it, CO, CA, OR & WA so don't risk the hassle and "break in your Bronco" at or below the limit. And be fully awake!
The speed limit on HWY 70 through Utah is 80mph for most of the distance.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Must have been talking about the 2 doors.

Just kidding. All vehicles are awesome. All vechicles are for any gender. Even the Sport and 2 doors. Just feeding it bacl to the ones that whine about the "more doors" ;)
Dhore whore!

Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No we think less of Ford for the lame naming.
My first car was an old 914. One of the first cars that suffered from badge identification. People complained at the time it wasn’t a “real” Porsche and by the time the 912e 924 944 and 928 came out nobody cared anymore.
Dude my first car was a 914 also!

IMG_3756.JPG

vancomycin

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry for elaborating in-forum, but maybe there's something for everyone.

The entire Granger trip experience was fantastic, well except for our flight out of Vegas being delayed about an hour, but I digress, that's a complaint session for a Southwest forum.

We weighed having a carrier bring it out, but opted to get it ourselves.

Our Southwest flight arrived in Des Moines at 4:30pm (scheduled for 3:30pm). As we deplaned I called Granger and they indicated that there was already a Red Bronco waiting in passenger pickup for us. Sure enough, Red Bronco (Big Bend - Soft Top) was waiting. We hopped in for the appx 30 minute ride from the airport to the dealership. There were a father/son with us as well who flew in from northern Utah to pickup their F350 Super Duty, so we had a full 5 person load.

The Granger experience was friendly, courteous and very fast, we were there a total of about an hour (including the pre-departure pictures). The FE was inside their "Ford" showroom, bookmarked by an F150 and a Mustang. Did the PDI for all of the concerns listed on B6G, got the 5 minute here's how it works then drove it to Finance. We already had all of the paperwork (except wet signatures) done. Dropped the proof of insurance with them and drove off.

Note to all of the other dealerships: There were no issues with Granger's below invoice offer whatsoever, and no funny business with ADM or other 'fees'. The discounted price on the DORA was the price on the final invoice. (plus the accessories and warranty we added).

It was already dark when we left and headed south on route 141, it was about 6 miles to Interstate 80. We drove 80 to North Platte NE and spent the night. Saturday AM we headed out on 80 and dropped onto 76 at Big Spring NE. The roads were clear, dry and pretty much wide open all the way. It was in the upper 20's to low 30's most of the time.

When we got through Denver on 76 we landed on 70. The only issue on 70 was about a 30 minute delay at the Eisenhower Tunnel at the Loveland Ski area. Great mountain pass, fun to drive, snow on the hills and active ski resorts. I was pleasantly surprised the roads were dry and sand/salt free. (Hit the undercarriage hard at the car wash when we got back...just in case)

While fueling on the east side of Denver a State Trooper fueling on a different island came by and spent a few minutes asking questions about the Bronco. He wants an Outer Banks, and interestingly enough had family in Pahrump (just west of Vegas for everyone else), which is nearby the Bronco Rodeo.

Took 70 through Utah. I don't know if you've been through Utah on 70, but its absolutely beautiful country (think Moab), just make sure you 1) don't need fuel and 2) have used the restroom. We were driving through in the sunset hours, adding great lighting to the scenic drive. 70 meets 15 near Beaver UT, from there a couple hour drive into Vegas.

It was the perfect weekend to drive, the weather was excellent and the Bronco ran great (16.7mpg average in the 70-80 mph range). I even let the wife drive for ~300 miles or so. Total drive time was right at (gained 2 timezone hours going west) 20.5 hours (1,419 miles) including food/fuel stops.

The good news is that there was no road damage to the front of the Bronco. I was waiting for the first rock to hit the windshield the entire way). We tried not to trail behind any vehicles to avoid debris from being kicked onto the Bronco. Best of all...no dropped valve, no coolant issues, no electrical issues and no rattles, pops or squeeks. We were pleasantly surprised at how well it handled and the overall comfort level.

It might be faster for you to head south through Kansas City to Oklahoma City and take 40 West. 40 may be affected by Snow in the higher elevations this time of year. Check the weather in advance, if its favorable, enjoy the trip back, if not your Bronco is more than capable for harsh conditions.

Ford Bronco Gawker says "Wow...that the full size Bronco?  All I see is little Girl Broncos..." IMG_3756.JPG
Thank you for all of the details - very helpful in helping to make this decision, and glad you had such a good trip overall!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same guys who call a Harley Sportster a "Girls" Bike. :rolleyes:

and this guy

Ford Bronco Gawker says "Wow...that the full size Bronco?  All I see is little Girl Broncos..." IMG_3756.JPG
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hahaha. I had to look up that Harley too, that’s a bad ass looking bike.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs