Sponsored

Rumor Alert - MY22 gets 3.0 V6 Ecoboost option + Army Green, Grabber Yellow colors

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Could be true...but. The 3.0L Ecoboost is an aluminum block...the 2.7L is a compacted graphite iron block (AKA Diesel engine block material). I know that for a small block engine with twin boost I want the compacted graphite block..
I guess the 3.0 EcoBoost is based on the 2.7 block, except the 3.0 is cast aluminum vs the compacted-graphite iron for the 2.7, based on this article. It appears 2.7 was designed for more heavy duty or truck applications vs the 3.0, which powers the current Lincoln line up.
We debunked this back in June of last year. The 3.0 is CGI just like the 2.7, the Car and Driver/Ford Authority/Wikipedia entries are wrong.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/another-v6-option.1518/page-3#post-46096

And by now we have people wrecking Explorers, so take a look at the 3.0 engine:

explorer-engine.jpg

What's that peeking out from behind the aluminum ladder structure? CGI!

I have the 3.5 in my Edge. I hope this is true!
You have the NA 3.5 in your Edge, the Edge never got the 3.5 EcoBoost.

Also I keep having to post this over and over again when people fetishize the 3.5 EcoBoost, but the 3.0 EcoBoost is the good one. The 3.5 is an NA engine converted to turbo, the 2.7/3.0 were built from the ground up for boost. Significantly stronger, more durable, and capable of making much more power. I would absolutely trade a half liter of displacement for a partially closed deck, CGI bore structure, offset rod caps, steel band insert pistons, and more. The 3.0 is the one you want.
Sponsored

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey Guys and Girls, I have received information from a dealer out by me in Long Island NY .The Sales manager said people who wait until MY22 will the option for the bigger V6 ecoboost and two more colors to the line up. (army green,Grabber Yellow ). Now Ive been on this forum regularly and been following Bronco Nation I have not heard a damn thing about this. If anybody heard anything like this please share.

PS my reservation is not with this Dealership. Was there my buddy was pickIng up a pre-own Fusion
I say BS too. From what we've seen from 99% of the dealers, they are clueless. These guys can't even get an order change right, had no insight on info we already knew from here, and now we are supposed to believe this guy has the inside scoop?! Doubt it.
3.0 prob the warthog which again is all rumor that we already discussed and youtubers have theorized about.

StevieD23

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra, 2021 AMB Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not saying it won't happen but I can't imagine it happening in MY22 in only the 2nd year of production. I see some additional color options and minor interior tweaks, that's about it.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I like how everyone expect massive changes to be coming to a vehicle after 6 months of production
ā€˜08 JK was basically the same as the ā€˜07 partial year. They wonā€™t change very much at all while they get the supply chain up and running and the assembly line fine tuned on the initial product. This is why hybrid and Warthog are 2023.

Colors - sure - adjustments to option packages and a rack or winch redesign - sure.

The one question mark: if Heritage Edition is just white top, grill and wheels, why prototype test it? There was something on that Heritage Edition that required testing... may have been manSquatch, but also may have been drive train changes (3.0?)

Sponsored

old goat

Big Bend
First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
y'all getting ahead of yourself , they haven't started building the 2.7 in production and your talking about a 3.0 or 3.5 in the lineup
I call BS.
the 2.7 is big enough for a Bronco , imho. lots of HP

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I too call BS. I'm sure colour options will change each MY, but they aren't going to complicate the build process with so many new / different options before they are at Job 1 for the current launch.

Plus, there is no need to add these options until the market determines what is needed.

Think about this with respect to the Shelby Mustangs. They did the GT350 and waited to see what the competition did. When the competition tried catching the GT350, then Ford brought out the GT500. Same will be with the Bronco. It already looks to be a much better vehicle than what is on the market now. They will see what Jeep does in response, then one up them.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im happy with a either a 2.3 or a baby godzilla. For real the 2.3 has been around the longest. Has a stock version with 350hp has proven capable of surviving over twice its rated power. It has bigger cylinders than either the 2.7 or 3.0 the same size as the 4.6s in fact. That tells me that it has more robust internals. It being rated for towing in the ranger higher than my 96 351 bronco, tells me its block is robust. So an upgrade of 0.4 or 0.7 liters with a very narrow V layout, just doesnt sound super great to me. Especially if I can hit nearly 400hp with the money I would spend to upgrade at the factory. The 2.3 makes sense or maybe thats just me justifying it only being available with the manual. Manual is NOT up for debate. Its better, even if it sucks and grinds immediately, its better.

Now waiting on an upgrade for a 6.8 baby godzilla? That is worth waiting for. That will make the Bronco freeking proper! Especially as maybe a Tremor type. 6.8 V8, warthog axles, scaled up 7spd, standard sas suspension, 8000lb tow rating(6500 on the 2 door). That would be the perfect Bronco. I dont make $75 to $100,000 vehicle money, but I will sell my body parts till I get it!
I'll give $25 for your left eyeball. :alien:

EliasJr

First Edition
First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Ford f350 SD, 15 Jeep JKU Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Honestly I would never see myself waiting for an engine that is only slightly bigger and would have virtually no power difference, if any felt at all. If I really wanted a bigger engine, I would just do a coyote swap.

Sponsored

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Everyone is thinking 3.0 Ecoboost, but what if he is actually talking about the 3.0 Powerstroke out of the F-150?? šŸ˜œ
Ford would still have to bump up the specs to beat the 3.0 Jeep diesel @260hp/442lb-ft. The 3.0 powerstoke is 250hp/440lb-ft. Adjust those numbers and Ford can claim best in class torque as well as best in class horsepower.

Would anyone want a diesel Bronco?
Iā€™d be but unfortunately theyā€™d never it with a manual so Iā€™m out. Manual is my only MUST HAVE.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would say there is no way the 3.0 comes to Bronco in 22. If it did...there would be a whole lot of people that would pull out and wait in 22...it adds over 100hp. That said with CAFE etc and it only being the second year of production, itā€™s not happening.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm calling BS. I don't see Ford putting anything bigger than the 2.7 in it. Since its basicallt the same frame as the Ranger. And that only has a 2.3L ecoboost. I don't see Ford squeezing an engine 2 sizes up in the same frame. Have you seen how little room the 3.5L ecoboost has in the F150? No way that will fit in a Bronco.
Have you popped the hood on a Jeep?? super small as well. They are installing a 392 V-8.
Never say never.

Eric L

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2017 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many would change their order for a 3.0 manual 7 speedāœ‹

pick me!

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer provided a top secret spy photo of the new motor as well as the output specs.
3.0L V-6 twin turbo. 750hp & 680lbft torque. EPA rated at 55mpg highway and 48mpg in town. Fully warrantied for 250k miles regardless of any mods. The complete package weighs in at 125 lbs. This will be a game changer.

885ae83885ad27883be%2Fnew-aston-martin-v6-engine-2.jpg
Sponsored