First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well this past weekend I was out of town on a fishing trip and my fiancé was taking my bronco to work but she barely made it out of the driveaway halfway stuck in the street. Apparently the bronco would not move and it stuck in gear or stuck between 2wheel-4wheel drive. The day before we were in 4wheel driving around because all the roads were icy and just parked it.

The bronco was transported over to the local dealership and apparently their transmission group can't look at till the end of March. So now I am stuck driving a Ford Escape loaner for the next two months. They have no clue what has happened and this is a first for them with the bronco. I have about 14K miles on my bronco and no problems since this past weekend. Plus I am still waiting on my roof replacement. I thought about seeing if I can get some ford pass points so I can use it to purchase a roof rack in the future or a fishing rod holder.

IMG-5098.jpg

IMG-5100.jpg
Sponsored

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks! Sorry to hear it. I know it probably isn't the action you want to take, but if they can't look at it until end of March doesn't that open them up for lemon law? I work in automotive, so I don't like suggesting lemon law, but unable to start looking at it for 2 months is ridiculous.

Can it be sent to another dealer? Maybe reach out to Ford?

Sorry again. Hope it works out.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ouch. Did you take it to BU or to another dealership?

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Ford garages are so over booked right now that any real work is weeks or months out here in MN.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry to hear about your Bronco. Keep us posted when you find out what happened. Thanks!

Sponsored

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is a similar story in/around the Nashville, TN area. Places like Ford of Franklin are quoting 4.5 months, Wyatt Johnson near downtown is quoting 1.5 months, etc. I recently had to take in a different Ford (my old 2013 Fusion) and I had to drive 40 minutes to Murfreesboro because they are only a 4 to 5 day wait to even run diagnostics.

It is a similar situation at Firestone Complete Auto Care businesses. They simply don't have the people.

I don't think Lemon Laws can apply when they simply don't have the people or the parts (especially the people).

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Roof rack? How about a new Bronco! This is ridiculous! Good luck!

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well this past weekend I was out of town on a fishing trip and my fiancé was taking my bronco to work but she barely made it out of the driveaway halfway stuck in the street. Apparently the bronco would not move and it stuck in gear or stuck between 2wheel-4wheel drive. The day before we were in 4wheel driving around because all the roads were icy and just parked it.

The bronco was transported over to the local dealership and apparently their transmission group can't look at till the end of March. So now I am stuck driving a Ford Escape loaner for the next two months. They have no clue what has happened and this is a first for them with the bronco. I have about 14K miles on my bronco and no problems since this past weekend. Plus I am still waiting on my roof replacement. I thought about seeing if I can get some ford pass points so I can use it to purchase a roof rack in the future or a fishing rod holder.

Ford Bronco Sad Day..... Bronco towed away for transmission issue IMG-5100

Ford Bronco Sad Day..... Bronco towed away for transmission issue IMG-5100
Is it only warrantied through a Ford service center or can you take it to a local transmission shop?

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Will be curious to find out if this is the front axles binding and just not throwing the beans at it until they strip the splines.

M210's should be fine though, the 190's will be toothpicks in Bronco's.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to hear this!

With so many vehicles in general in the shop, I wonder how reliable Ford is as a whole 🤨
That’s exactly what I was thinking. Still excited to get mine but its sounding like a ticking time bomb as well. Longevity be damned I guess. I’ll be swapping it for an EV when it becomes available.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is a similar story in/around the Nashville, TN area. Places like Ford of Franklin are quoting 4.5 months, Wyatt Johnson near downtown is quoting 1.5 months, etc. I recently had to take in a different Ford (my old 2013 Fusion) and I had to drive 40 minutes to Murfreesboro because they are only a 4 to 5 day wait to even run diagnostics.

It is a similar situation at Firestone Complete Auto Care businesses. They simply don't have the people.

I don't think Lemon Laws can apply when they simply don't have the people or the parts (especially the people).
I ran into a similar situation last Fall, when needing to take my wife's Kia in for a recall inspection. The two closest Kia dealerships, said they were not booking any new customers for repairs.

What happened to all the mechanics? Did a subset quit the profession, or get into different lines of work, leading to a shortage of mechanics?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That’s exactly what I was thinking. Still excited to get mine but its sounding like a ticking time bomb as well. Longevity be damned I guess. I’ll be swapping it for an EV when it becomes available.
Well they made nearly 2 MILLION vehicles in 2021. I think the scale of magnitude is thrown off by human perception on the forum. There's what, less than 1,000 Broncos delivered to B6g forum members so far? We're still below a quarter of a percent. One would imagine overall fleet repair rates hovering at about 3% over an entire model year.

First year vehicles have glitches, especially brand new vehicles of a class a manufacturer hasn't made in some decades.

Last edited:

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry to hear this!

With so many vehicles in general in the shop, I wonder how reliable Ford is as a whole 🤨
If you think this issue is only pertaining to Ford, you are surely mistaken. 25 +yrs in automotive dealership, I can tell you….they ALL have problems. Part supply chains are so far behind because of manufacturing problems, and service shops are in dire need of skilled technicians. Sadly, it’s not a problem that is going to go away very soon either. 😕
Sponsored