The Bronze

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Turned out to be a module that wasnt connected properly. It was a simple fix, I just had to wait for the dealer I bought it from and the dealer who diagnosed/fixed it to discuss it. Sounds like they initially thought it was a lo-jac (aftermarket security device) that wouldn’t have been covered by warranty. Both dealers communicated clearly and had it worked out first thing in the morning. I tested it out by running the trails for the rest of the day. No issues. I didn’t mean to be cryptic, I was just waiting for the dealers to work it out. I had no intention of throwing someone under the bus when it was just an administrative matter.
Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Turned out to be a module that wasnt connected properly. It was a simple fix, I just had to wait for the dealer I bought it from and the dealer who diagnosed/fixed it to discuss it. Sounds like they initially thought it was a lo-jac (aftermarket security device) that wouldn’t have been covered by warranty. Both dealers communicated clearly and had it worked out first thing in the morning. I tested it out by running the trails for the rest of the day. No issues. I didn’t mean to be cryptic, I was just waiting for the dealers to work it out. I had no intention of throwing someone under the bus when it was just an administrative matter.
I bet it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside that the dealer doesn’t know a factory module from an aftermarket one. I wouldn’t patronize that dealer anymore.

Last edited: