First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I called ford and they told me to do nothing but wait until June...
If you’re ok with waiting at least 3 months for a fix you could do nothing. Personally I’m not willing to wait.
Sponsored

JoeyR

Big Bend
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How long is the battery trick lasting everyone?

Summertime

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This just started a couple days ago. I get this error when I start the car. Also, ford pass stopped connecting at the same time, so no auto start. Carplay still works fine through my phone.
7513FA08-2577-45B4-B1A2-DEFD2E3789AC.jpeg
Same! Got the same message yesterday, although the message stopped appearing on startup. I can't get to the menu to turn the modem off. Maps work, but no remote start.

Summertime

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ive been able to fix it by doing a disconnect to the negative on the battery terminal and waiting about 30 seconds and reconnecting. this fixed it The first time and it just happened again today.
Did the same and it worked.

JR007

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had reset my modem by disconnecting my battery on 3/6. It still has connectivity. So it has only been 10 days.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Figures, swapped the 22 that wasn’t supposed to be built (crooked dealer), but never had a single issue, for the 23 that was and having these issues in the first two weeks… lol

p3pete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Cobra, 23 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Same issue on the 23 BR. Will try the battery fix after work...

BradOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Picked up my 2023 Bronco Outer Banks on Mar. 16th. Setup Fordpass same day, everything was working fine. But, on Mar. 22nd, the Bronco wasn't connecting to the internet, the icon (arrows) was not appearing, and the Bronco would not communicate with the Fordpass app.
It was odd since everything was working earlier in the day, and I even received confirmation of my Fordpass points for purchasing the new vehicle.

Spoke to Fordpass rep and got this:
"I do see the modem has stopped responding inside the vehicle.

This is a known issue that we are currently working on with 23 Broncos as well as the 23 F-150s losing connection. This is a modem issue our engineers are trying to fix.

We have been advised that there is supposed to be an over the air update released to fix the connectivity issues released next month but we do not know the exact date at this time.

There is a service message reflecting your vehicle for this particular issue."

Then the agent provided this service message number: SSM 51458.
She also said to have automatic updates set to "ON".

So hopefully we get a fix in April!
If any of you receive the update or have any more info, please update this thread.

Another question is, I wonder if we will be compensated for this somehow, as there are freebies like Alexa, Streaming, etc.

milla61

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Picked up my 2023 Bronco Outer Banks on Mar. 16th. Setup Fordpass same day, everything was working fine. But, on Mar. 22nd, the Bronco wasn't connecting to the internet, the icon (arrows) was not appearing, and the Bronco would not communicate with the Fordpass app.
It was odd since everything was working earlier in the day, and I even received confirmation of my Fordpass points for purchasing the new vehicle.

This is a known issue that we are currently working on with 23 Broncos as well as the 23 F-150s losing connection. This is a modem issue our engineers are trying to fix.

We have been advised that there is supposed to be an over the air update released to fix the connectivity issues released next month but we do not know the exact date at this time.

If any of you receive the update or have any more info, please update this thread.

Another question is, I wonder if we will be compensated for this somehow, as there are freebies like Alexa, Streaming, etc.
The update isn’t coming until June. When I took mine in to the dealership the mechanic showed me the service bulletin that stated the June timeframe.

SpinachFuzz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I talked to someone from Fordpass yesterday and she told me that the navigation/connection subscription will be extended at the end for compensation.

Sponsored
OP
OP
StreetTuff

StreetTuff

Badlands
First Name
JAR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine keeps coming back on line evey few days, then it craps out a

EddieN

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well this sucks. Glad it isn't just me though.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was on the phone with Ford. Corporate today and while we were discussing an AC issue, she ran a report and said my new (2 1/2 weeks) truck was having connection issues. Another thing for the dealer to look into.

EddieN

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So how do we get an OTA update if the modem doesn't work?