First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
google
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After losing the our hardtop rear window in recent windstorm (love our hurricane force winds here in Colorado), it took nearly two weeks to get the window replaced at Safelite. Understand the inventory issues, BUT, when it was completed this morning I picked her up and, once home, noticed large (several inch) gaps on the lower sill molding.

Sadly, it doesn't look like it's just a "molding issue" of placing wrong size, as this is a plastic bar that runs along bottom of the window, and it's out and out too small a width. Wind, snow and sand will have free reign. Not acceptable.

So, now I'm contemplating WHO's gonna fix this. Safelite will say "that's oem replacement" (meaning FORD messed up their aftermarket manufacturing).

SO, Bronco community, anyone experienced and have any insight before I begin the lengthy warranty process? SEE PICTURES.
Ford Bronco Safelite or Ford? Rear window replacement leaves inches of gaps each side image0

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg
Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Warranty? Can you see if the safelite facility still has the wider trim/seal piece maybe in the waste glass bin or something? What does that look like from the outside? I’m shocked a business that specializes in glass replacement let that out the door with gaps like that.

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Take it back to them to fix it.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Such a shame that people don't take pride in their work. Even the sealer to hold the short piece on looks sloppy.

Same Safelite guy that sat on and bent the other guys doors on here?

Sponsored

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After losing the our hardtop rear window in recent windstorm (love our hurricane force winds here in Colorado), it took nearly two weeks to get the window replaced at Safelite. Understand the inventory issues, BUT, when it was completed this morning I picked her up and, once home, noticed large (several inch) gaps on the lower sill molding.

Sadly, it doesn't look like it's just a "molding issue" of placing wrong size, as this is a plastic bar that runs along bottom of the window, and it's out and out too small a width. Wind, snow and sand will have free reign. Not acceptable.

So, now I'm contemplating WHO's gonna fix this. Safelite will say "that's oem replacement" (meaning FORD messed up their aftermarket manufacturing).

SO, Bronco community, anyone experienced and have any insight before I begin the lengthy warranty process? SEE PICTURES.
Ford Bronco Safelite or Ford? Rear window replacement leaves inches of gaps each side image2

Ford Bronco Safelite or Ford? Rear window replacement leaves inches of gaps each side image2

Living in Colorado as well............ and hating our "You call THAT wind, Chicago !?!?" hurricane force windstorms........I was just wondering HOW you lost the rear window?

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes sir you are missing both rubber bump stop end pieces on each side.

IMG_20230303_183343.jpg

IMG_20230303_183350.jpg

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you look at Jay's pics vs Grumpy's. he is missing more than just the end seals. I believe he is missing the entire lower seal. look at the bottom of the plastic Jay's is smooth with a ridge. Grumpy's definitely has a weather strip attached at the bottom.
Ford Bronco Safelite or Ford? Rear window replacement leaves inches of gaps each side 1677889619274

Ford Bronco Safelite or Ford? Rear window replacement leaves inches of gaps each side 1677889643749

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you look at Jay's pics vs Grumpy's. he is missing more than just the end seals. I believe he is missing the entire lower seal. look at the bottom of the plastic Jay's is smooth with a ridge. Grumpy's definitely has a weather strip attached at the bottom.
Ford Bronco Safelite or Ford? Rear window replacement leaves inches of gaps each side 1677889643749

Yes he he missing the whole seal assembly. The whole seal to include bump stops is one piece. So basically without the bump stops the glass can shatter when closing it or vibration, and without the whole seal you have no protection from water intrusion from outside as the tailgate when closed is sealed against that rubber strip.
Sponsored