Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Dodge 2500 CTD, 2016 Nissan 370z Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Signed.

Bronco6G admins, thank you for doing this!

I was literally about click on the submit payment button on a 4dr Black Diamond, MT, Sasquatch and Mid package when the site froze on me. I jumped to another tab in my browser and saw no MT with Sasquatch.

How about we comprise Ford, "force" me to get the 2.7 when I select Sasquatch with a MT.

Last edited:

dgc357

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Focus ST, '99 Chevy K1500 w/ 5 speed NV4500 swap, '01 Suzuki DR650SE
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, I own a '16 Focus ST, '99 Chevy K1500 w/ 5 speed NV4500 swap, '01 Suzuki DR650. I've wanted to get a newer truck for a while, but there's almost no manual options out there. The BD Sasquatch, mid package with the 2.3L (obviously 2.7L would be better) and 7MT was exactly what I was looking for. I hope Ford doesn't throw my dreams to the wind with this silly decision of theirs.

I haven't had an automatic since 2010 when the 4L60E blew up in my K1500. Naturally, I threw a 5-speed NV4500 in there and couldn't be happier.

Bronco_Mando

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger; MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Signed!

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
simple fact is...
if I do a search for new wranglers on autotrader, within 200miles of houston, I get 843 automatics and 14 manuals.
atlanta 1210 vs 48
LA 946 vs 51

talking a 2-5% mix of manuals... what % of those do we think would ALSO take sasquatch?

DOZENS!

the manual lovers are as vocal as they are rare.
I would bet if you looked at those who ordered Wranglers to their own specs and preferences (rather than what's in stock at the local dealer), the take rate for the manual is much higher.

This whole thing is surprising to me. Ford had seemed to get it, that manuals are important to enthusiasts. Some of their more enthusiast targeted vehicles, like the Mustang GT-350 and Focus ST & RS, were available with a manual exclusively.

difficulTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Alltrack, 2010 Ford F150, 2006 Mini JCW Checkmate
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My (somewhat conspiratorial) hope is that this is all just marketing BS and Ford will suddenly announce closer to ordering time that "After listening to all our enthusiasts out there, we have decided to offer the manual with the 2.7 and 35s" as a way to virtue signal how much they care about our opinions while the reality of it is that they had been planning to offer it all along and just wanted to use this to keep the excitement and engagement flowing.
dont-give-me-hope-meme-3-768x409.jpg

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yup. I get the problems with the 7 speed and higher torque engines, you need to have a safety margin. But why even put in the crawler gear if there’s only one trim where it will be useful? (Badlands)
As a marketing gimmick. :censored::rolleyes:

Sponsored

stickshifter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma (1975 FJ-40, 1978 CJ-7, 2008 JKU)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am starting to think the conflict is rooted in the off-road software integration with off-road hardware. I'm sure the off-road modes all rely heavily on control over the engine, transmission, brakes, transfer case, lockers, sway bar, etc. and it seems they REALLY invested in the idea of "Select a terrain, mash the gas, and go!" type of capability in the high end off-road model Broncos. That is all fine, but it appears to be at the expense of those who would completely opt out of the convenience of "smart" off-road modes but would like to push the outer limits of driver control with the most capable hardware.
I think you are right. Maybe the petition should ask for the 2.7 with a manual, all the off-road hardware, and none of the off-road modes. Just give us lockers and 35s. Oh, and maybe that hydraulic sway-bar disconnect - that would be good. Aaaand, heated seats and steering wheel ;) Okay, now I'm done.

DevinBrent

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think you are right. Maybe the petition should ask for the 2.7 with a manual, all the off-road hardware, and none of the off-road modes. Just give us lockers and 35s. Oh, and maybe that hydraulic sway-bar disconnect - that would be good. Aaaand, heated seats and steering wheel ;) Okay, now I'm done.
Don't forget the vinyl floor and the marine seats the "wash down interior"

DevinBrent

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ya know we didn't ask for much just the less crappy of the 2 engines (2.7L) mated to a manual and a washout interior and the squatch package. Is that too hard to make happen?
Sponsored