Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hi all, just joined up hoping for some help. My wife has wanted a Bronco really bad since they were announced. We recently placed an order for an Outer Banks, since I felt that was close to what her use case was. We never offroad, except maybe the occasional trip up to a cabin (which our standard AWD SUV handles just fine). This will pretty much just be used for work commute and errands.

But now that it's soon to arrive, I'm finding out she wanted the Sasquatch package. But only for the looks, not out of any realistic off-road need. While I'd have concerns about noise/comfort/etc. on road, she's driven both and seems fine with it. She says she doesn't like the looks of the Outer Banks standard, she wants the bigger and beefier tires.

I don't want to push her to settle, but I also don't want her to hold off for a Sasquatch, paying a lot more money, and have regrets when the honeymoon period is over.

I've thought about pushing for aftermarket wheels, but not sure that's worth it after labor costs, voided warranty, mucked up gearing and speedometer, etc.

All that to say, hoping for any advice, personal experience, or ideas to help me out with advising her. Thanks!
To save money just put a small lift and you can pick out the wheels she wants.
Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OBX is the way to go. I just picked mine up and ordered the Ford Performance 2" lift, will run 33s, and I am adding a rear LSD. There are a ton of take off wheels in my local market. I bought 5 new Sasquatch wheels for $1200 last year for my Ranger.

I actually didn't want the 4.27 gears, nor the locker. 3.73s are plenty for up to around a 34 inch tire with our transmission ratios.

Ford Bronco Sasquatch vs not, for "soccer mom use" IMG_0592

OK_Hunter

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infinity g37
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My friend has a stock outer banks non sasquatch...I sold him my sasquatch takeoff wheels and tires and he runs them with zero issues - no lift. He really never goes off road and it looks great. Also, I've seen the stock outer banks wheels powder coated black and they look fantastic... Did this and just put bigger tires on it and call it good enough - they really do look great like this. People put 295/70r17 and 285/75r17 tires on stock big bends all the time without lift. This is the way... Should work perfectly for your use case.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This. There's a thread somewhere regarding bigger tires on OBX wheels, and it looks fantastic.
Not to mention, the painted fender flares look eleventy billion times better than textured black plastic, which have always struck me as incredibly cheap and ATV-ish looking, whether Jeep or Bronco.

Coastalcop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At 5’2” if you go Sas, lift , or big tires get a set of these. They came with mine and at 6’3” I don’t need them on my side, but the XO loves them, automatic when the door opens, automatic 5 seconds after door closes.

IMG_0370.jpeg

IMG_0369.jpeg

IMG_0368.jpeg

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all, just joined up hoping for some help. My wife has wanted a Bronco really bad since they were announced. We recently placed an order for an Outer Banks, since I felt that was close to what her use case was. We never offroad, except maybe the occasional trip up to a cabin (which our standard AWD SUV handles just fine). This will pretty much just be used for work commute and errands.

But now that it's soon to arrive, I'm finding out she wanted the Sasquatch package. But only for the looks, not out of any realistic off-road need. While I'd have concerns about noise/comfort/etc. on road, she's driven both and seems fine with it. She says she doesn't like the looks of the Outer Banks standard, she wants the bigger and beefier tires.

I don't want to push her to settle, but I also don't want her to hold off for a Sasquatch, paying a lot more money, and have regrets when the honeymoon period is over.

I've thought about pushing for aftermarket wheels, but not sure that's worth it after labor costs, voided warranty, mucked up gearing and speedometer, etc.

All that to say, hoping for any advice, personal experience, or ideas to help me out with advising her. Thanks!
😐…….?

WTF is this? Is it a troll thread? No, can’t be, it’s too easy; can’t be!

But….. but……

Ok, so what do you drive dude? Maybe read between the lines before she has to just say it.

😒…….

Damifino

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX, 4-door, 2.7 Adv, Hard Top, Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My stock non-SAS OBX is my daily driver, and living in a big city, one practical consideration that I’ve (literally) run into has to do with parking garage structures. I just barely clear the parking garage at my office, and I got a couple minor scratches on my hardtop going into and out of the garage at my doctor’s office. A SAS likely wouldn’t be practical for me for this reason alone. If that’s ever a part of you or your wife’s everyday driving, it’s something to watch out for.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lots of options presented here. Another thought is it seems most likely you ordered a '23 right before the order banks closed. Not sure how much the $ increase was for '24 on them...

OP
OP

GTBen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks all for the input. Really just wanted to see what others have done and how happy they were with it, or input on how folks are liking the SAS on road. I’m going to show her the pics of the OBX with fatter wheels and go from there. Sounds like there’s really not a wrong answer but I’m guessing we’ll end up waiting for the Sasquatch.

😐…….?

WTF is this? Is it a troll thread? No, can’t be, it’s too easy; can’t be!

But….. but……

Ok, so what do you drive dude? Maybe read between the lines before she has to just say it.

😒…….
Well then I guess I’m just gonna need you to fill in those blanks for me. Didn’t think it was that crazy to get input from folks who’ve had SAS packages long term. As others said, this is a $60k+ investment so if it’s a troll thread to get owner input instead of just relying on a 15 minute test drive, then so be It.

Bottom line, she can have an OBX now or wait even longer and pay more for an SAS she didn’t know she wanted till after the order was placed. It was worth a question.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Go SAS or Go Home, to unhappy wife.

If you want sas and you dont get it you will get bronco envy

If you can't afford it you can't afford it, but if you can, yolo

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks all for the input. Really just wanted to see what others have done and how happy they were with it, or input on how folks are liking the SAS on road. I’m going to show her the pics of the OBX with fatter wheels and go from there. Sounds like there’s really not a wrong answer but I’m guessing we’ll end up waiting for the Sasquatch.

Well then I guess I’m just gonna need you to fill in those blanks for me. Didn’t think it was that crazy to get input from folks who’ve had SAS packages long term. As others said, this is a $60k+ investment so if it’s a troll thread to get owner input instead of just relying on a 15 minute test drive, then so be It.

Bottom line, she can have an OBX now or wait even longer and pay more for an SAS she didn’t know she wanted till after the order was placed. It was worth a question.
She wants something that’s tough and aggressive; no idea why but she does and sounds like she’s thought it out.

So, smart thing to do is just get out of the way and let her do it.

Only getting your perspective here, but she may want you to be or look tougher or more aggressive. Maybe she’s been watching Yellowstone, but unless you want to experience a worst case, a smart husband would listen, pay attention, then act.

If it’s the use case that concerns you, then take the family wheeling in North Georgia mountains. Fun, beautiful to look at, great hiking and camping. With this Bronco there’s no excuse, since that’s what it’s for, so do it; see what you think.

Higgspeed

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 F-100 / 72 F-250 / 97 F-250 / 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Sasquatch vs not, for "soccer mom use" Bronco Outer Banks Before And After.JPG
It's relatively easy (and less expensive) to have someone install a 2"-3" lift kit, spare tire spacer, and find some take-off Sasquatch wheels & tires off Facebook Marketplace.

We did this on my wife's old 2022 Bronco Outer Banks and it was the perfect bang for your buck. We may have had a <1 mph difference in the speedometer, not enough for me to worry about.

We had 8,000 problems free miles and then traded it in for a 2023 Wildtrak when Bronco values were still sky high. I do miss the paint matches fenders/mirrors/door handles tho!

ThatWilsonGuy

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Raptor | 23' BL SAS | Sport FE (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am in your exact same shoes, my wife has had a Bronco Sport since launch but wanted a full size when they became available. The addition of Eruption Green was the final nail that had her wanting a full size and beefy looking Bronco. The plan was for me to have a 2dr to replace my Jeep and her get a 4dr to be a little more practical.

She wanted beefy so I told her to go get a Raptor. I not so secretly wanted one but didn't think I could talk myself out of a two door. We checked one out and she immediately veto'd it due to size but that is the day I started seriously shopping for a Raptor where before it was kind of a joke.

So the wife and I sat in front of the configurator and went through every possible combination of model. She landed on a 2dr Eruption Green Badlands SAS. It's status just so happened to moved into production today. The only waffling she has had is a Robins Egg Blue Heritage but she wants LUX package and can't stand brown interiors so it was vetoed, same with the Wildtrak.

I think both Factory SAS and keeping your order are both practical solutions. Maybe having the flexibility of her picking out her own wheel/tire combo tips the scales to what you have.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
She wants something that’s tough and aggressive; no idea why but she does and sounds like she’s thought it out.

So, smart thing to do is just get out of the way and let her do it.
And if she's really looking for tough and aggressive, get the $130 Flowmaster High Clearance Axle Back exhaust... It will transform the OBX into a snarling beast. LOL Obnoxious, but snarling.
Sponsored