Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lot being full doesn't mean people are there. It means they took a test vehicle home, and left their personal car in the lot.
I am sure that’s the case in some situations, but you could clearly see people working at their desks and moving in and out of offices and buildings, much more obvious action than at WHQ??‍?
Sponsored

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It will be interesting to see if there are options engine wise. This was definitely a v6, assuming it is the 3.0 Eco Boost. Probably 400hp and 450 lb ft of torque. Rumors are still strong on the 6.8 Baby Godzilla for the Raptor, with the 392 Jeep and the TRX, Ford may counter ? Roush was right across the street from where they were testing. 6.8 Aluminum V8 with a supercharger can easily hit the 700hp mark (naturally aspirated “tuned” crate 7.3 is hitting almost 700hp w/o forced induction). It’s just bragging rights for me, I think the 2.7 will be overkill.
A big burly/loud v8 would be nice, but the v6 wouldn't stop me from buying. At the end of the day, all I really care about is the engine making enough power / torque to move the car quickly.

Even if the jeep is quicker, a wrangler is just too small for me. I'd prefer a little slower Warthog that is still more burly than a smaller quicker wrangler. The jeep comes on 33s and I'd be curious if it is limited in terms of how much it can be lifted / larger wheels...

Skunk Ape

Badlands
First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is following the same process that they have done for the Raptor.

You can't have a Warthog package for x amount of money. Too many changes so it has to be it's own vehicle.

BTW ... Raptor/Warthog will be it's own brand one day. This is what Ford is going for.

Did you know that the Raptor frame is unique onto itself? It is not shared with the F150. And I bet the warthog frame will also be unique and not shared with the Bronco.

Again ... too many changes just to make it a package.
would make sense that the Warthog would have something unique like the frame which can’t make aftermarket copy it and stout enough for what the driver of such vehicle may demand. Can see owners jumping them like the Raptors. Rather idiotic but heck it’s their truck let them have at it. Not like I haven’t done something just as dumb in my youth ?

OP
OP
Mattwings

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

would make sense that the Warthog would have something unique like the frame which can’t make aftermarket copy it and stout enough for what the driver of such vehicle may demand. Can see owners jumping them like the Raptors. Rather idiotic but heck it’s their truck let them have at it. Not like I haven’t done something just as dumb in my youth ?
I won’t do anything that threatens to spill my ice cream cone these days. Jumping, shifting a manual, abrupt acceleration ? ?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you know that the Raptor frame is unique onto itself? It is not shared with the F150. And I bet the warthog frame will also be unique and not shared with the Bronco.
While it is "unique" the changes aren't that drastic, and frankly from a sequencing perspective the plant doesn't care if its a Raptor frame of a regular cab long bed F150. Frame modules are just swapped per vin.

The Raptor frame changes are pretty subtle and focused primarily around reinforced jounce considerations. Its been a while since I compared them, but in short:

Front Frame Module:
- No front of axle Small Over Lap tusks/mounting Provisions or rear tusks
- Revised pick up point and multi piece reinforced shock tower
- Revised frame piecing's, and added frame eyelet lip reinforcement (likely for shipping/)

Mid Frame Module:
- Revised frame accessory piercing's (could also be part of a running change for 2018+ MCA F150's)
- Addition inline stiffing bead ({could be on the rear module its been a while} similar feature on 2018+ MCA F150's)

Rear Frame Module:
- revised piercing's
- Reinforced shock mounts
- Spare tire stand off plates

I suspect the nature of the changes will be very similar on the Warthog since the performance and customers expectations of a production vehicle have been widely meet with the Raptor.

However the Warthog will absolutely be a variant like you stating not a package. It helps protect/forecast volume and profit; and more importantly it doesn't dilute the Ford Performance brand, like the 200 million non Scat packs rolling around with factory SRT hoods...
Sponsored