Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree and have been having same thoughts. I'm all in on my order but we are less than 3 weeks away from ordering and we still are getting blown away by new info daily. The very slow leak of information needs to kick it up a notch and get it all out there. Some of the stuff released in the last week has changed my mind on things I thought that I was absolutely certain on! I really want to minimize the surprises when I take ownership of the vehicle, and not be left with a feeling of fomo.

some examples of what we need to see
  • more detailed display of the tops
    • hard top review and removal process (like the recent soft top video)
    • any visual or otherwise information at all on future tops like the painted in black top
  • more detailed display and explanation of the instrument paneling
    • high vs otherwise comparison
    • display of the software (we've had to watch videos of the new f150 to get an idea)
  • more and better photos of the different trims and wheel offerings taken with good angles (the stock BD photo recently released by some random guy is the best photo we've had to date of that stock model! IMO)
  • more and better (not abstract) photos of the different interiors
  • a detailed explanation of the difference between the BL and Sasquatch suspensions. currently a lot of speculation
  • As pointed out by our local mole, more detailed information on wheel specs (spacing, offset, etc). A lot of questions out there about aftermarket options for wheels and tires
  • and for gods sake what the hell is Cactus Gray?
Sponsored

Last edited:

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has been my only real complaint so far, but I think it's justified.

Lucas718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Trail Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I decided a while ago that I’m just going to wait until I can go look at one - a REAL one that you can actually buy and not some prototype with features and interiors that aren’t even available. I don’t need to be the first guy on the block with a Bronco.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If nothing else they should remove the "Frankenbroncos" from the Gallery on the website and replace with actual photos of actually available Broncos.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As we inch closer to order time, is this all we get? Seriously. Random pics here and there of exterior and interior shots that look a lot different than the B&P computer pics.
Yes, i'm just as shocked and awed as you that a brand-new-to-market vehicle which isn't in production yet doesn't have copious production level photos and documentation available for it! (wait, no i'm not. Because: logic)

If I’m seriously going to order a 40-50k vehicle, I want to see all of the comparable options, side by side, in an orderly way.
Will save you, and more importantly, me, the time of re-posting the inflation adjusted prices from the 1996 Bronco, but adjusting the 6th generation's price via inflation, the price of this vehicle has not moved the needle in the past 24 years. Also, it has a ridiculous level of content now.

If you take the time to find that post, you'll also be informed by others who added income adjustments and other factors showing that a "$40-50K vehicle" in 2020 is no different than a $20,000 vehicle in 2000. You aren't buying a luxury car yet are expecting that happy-ending massage gladly given by some exotic Italian parlor after you drive away in your many-hundreds-of-thousands-of-euro-bespoked-Italian-exotic-sports-car. You're buying a Ford, and an off-road vehicle at that. Save the red carpet for when you (and I) are shopping the high-value stuff.

Are we just ordering blindly and hoping for the best?
You are currently in queue for a vehicle which does not exist yet.

We'll assume time is relative and that none of us have a time machine (although Time Cop is a favorite movie of mine!), yes, you are doing the exact same thing that every human being that has ever existed before this moment has done when ordering something which does not exist yet. You're ordering on speculation and without the physical product to see/touch/feel.

The time for secret spy shots is over. It’s time to get real.
I would encourage you to get real ASAP. As in understanding that we're in pre-production.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-production_car

Ford Bronco Serious question:  Is this all we get? jzs7w[1]

Sponsored

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. We're cutting it awfully close to ordering time, and there's still a lot of things left that would be really nice to know and see before we place our orders.

Personally? I'd really love to see some actual interior shots for the different trims. I'm currently waffling between two, and all I need to fully lock me in one way or another is some actual, decent, interior shots.

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as I am aware no journalists have driven, reviewed and published their review of the Bronco and how it compares to the Wrangler, 4Runner, Defender, Tacoma, etc. I can't just take Ford's word on this with a $30K-$60K decision.

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seems like they've been rolling Broncos (Franken-Broncos or otherwise) off the assembly line for well over a month now (can't recall the exact date of that first one). They should have been allocating these to each of the Ford dealerships so reservation holders could actually see, feel and test drive a unit when they place their orders. Even if it isn't the EXACT trim level someone is ordering, just SOMETHING is better than nothing.

Although we all knew what we were signing up for, ordering a pre-production truck, sight unseen, without a firm timeline, this seems like a completely achievable initiative.

Ford Bronco Serious question:  Is this all we get? Draper

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know it's been mentioned a lot, but the timing was really bad from a Covid perspective. It's Fords fault, but the intent was to roll out the Explorer, then Bronco, then new F150. The Explorer debacle was the first major issue, then Covid slowed the Bronco and the F150 caught up. No question, the F150 got whatever resources were needed to launch and everything else was secondary. F150 flops- Ford is out of business, period. With all of the restrictions, working from home, travel issues, it's a small miracle we are as far along as we are. I am going to remember, if I don't want it for some reason like...the driving position is whacked, fit and finish is way off base (I am pretty used to Ford fit and finish, so it would have to be pretty bad to reject it on that alone) or something else is just not acceptable, I punt and buy my F150 lease out or grab a Ranger. Just FYI, I can not find a Ranger anywhere near me to test drive. My dealer gets 3 or 4 on the website, they never make the lot and their gone. That's the plant that has to build the Bronco :oops:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, i'm just as shocked and awed as you that a brand-new-to-market vehicle which isn't in production yet doesn't have copious production level photos and documentation available for it! (wait, no i'm not. Because: logic)

Will save you, and more importantly, me, the time of re-posting the inflation adjusted prices from the 1996 Bronco, but adjusting the 6th generation's price via inflation, the price of this vehicle has not moved the needle in the past 24 years. Also, it has a ridiculous level of content now.

If you take the time to find that post, you'll also be informed by others who added income adjustments and other factors showing that a "$40-50K vehicle" in 2020 is no different than a $20,000 vehicle in 2000. You aren't buying a luxury car yet are expecting that happy-ending massage gladly given by some exotic Italian parlor after you drive away in your many-hundreds-of-thousands-of-euro-bespoked-Italian-exotic-sports-car. You're buying a Ford, and an off-road vehicle at that. Save the red carpet for when you (and I) are shopping the high-value stuff.

You are currently in queue for a vehicle which does not exist yet.

We'll assume time is relative and that none of us have a time machine (although Time Cop is a favorite movie of mine!), yes, you are doing the exact same thing that every human being that has ever existed before this moment has done when ordering something which does not exist yet. You're ordering on speculation and without the physical product to see/touch/feel.

I would encourage you to get real ASAP. As in understanding that we're in pre-production.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pre-production_car

Ford Bronco Serious question:  Is this all we get? Draper
At the risk of getting Rick Rolled...

I ordered an 84 Bronco II before any were on the streets and the (paper) brochure had only pictures of real, existing Broncos. I would think they could do the same with the Gallery. Not the B&P as I understand not all configurations exist yet.

As far as price: I agree the current offering is a value. I paid $10,800 (I think MSRP was about $12K) for my stripped '84. One equipped as the current Base would have probably been around $15K. Using the rule of 72 that equates to an inflation rate of about 2% per annum, not bad.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

• As blatantly (and not cute) pointed out by our local mole, more detailed information on wheel specs (spacing, offset, etc). A lot of questions out there about aftermarket options for wheels and tires
That right there is what I want. Let us know WHAT size tires we can fit in there without too much issue. or give us the offset for the Badlands wheels so for those of us like myself, who can't stand the Big Bend wheel/tire option (but want 285's), we can at least look to the aftermarket with plenty of time to spare to find something!

BotBronc1977

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None Yet
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree with the vast majority of the comments on this thread. It is unrealistic to ask people to drop $40K+ on a vehicle with as little information as we have at this point.

My strategy: I am going to delaying ordering for as long as I can, until as much information, photos, and/or videos as possible have been released. If I am not happy at that point, I guess I will have to make a decision about whether I am (a) ready to order, (b) going to wait until MY22 or beyond, or (c) take my money elsewhere. The ball is really in Ford's court!
Sponsored