ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 africa twin
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Day 1 reservation. Converted to order 1/23, in production 6/23, build complete 6/29, delivered to dealer (in Northern California) via rail on 7/21.
Awesome and Congrats sir!!! I live in Sacramento. My build date for my 2DR BL is the week of 8/9. Hopefully I will have a similar timeline and I get my BL by early september (fingers crossed)??
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Tesla Model Y, 2021 Bronco 4D BLSQTCH
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick update from day 2: still rides great. Iā€™m respecting the break in period - but this thing is no slouch. Feels as fast as my Audi SQ5.
Also - top goes up / down much easier than the wrangler soft top. The fact that thereā€™s only a latch on the driver side for getting it all the way down is super easy. And it rotates / guides itself down much more smoothly / elegantly than the wranglers top.
Very easy to get rear windows in / out.
Thatā€™s all. More to come.

39D8BBA9-21B7-4131-96E1-C6A9C16E2E07.jpeg

0E0FBDE6-6E1B-4E30-A509-BA427672B94F.jpeg

E171027C-5A35-4DBC-8D84-47DDC45C0163.jpeg

Geekytrails

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you like the lux sound system? So far the reviews have been mixed

OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you like the lux sound system? So far the reviews have been mixed
So. Full disclosure. I used to work in some of the best recording studios in the worldā€¦ so. Iā€™ve heard Grammy award winning musicians live through some of the greatest equipment and loudspeakers in the world.
Iā€™ve owned many cars with a whole range of speaker systems. One of my favorites is the system in my wifeā€™s Tesla - it bangs to put it simply. If thatā€™s a 10 - this is an 8.75 - itā€™s fantastic. It will get more than loud enough to make your ears hurt - started to get a little distortion at those levels but you shouldnā€™t have it that high. Bass is solid. Imaging is what youā€™d expect out of a boxy car with the roof off. Iā€™d say itā€™s better that 98% of car stereos Iā€™ve heard from the factory.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Cfbeaver What engine did you go with? Assuming the 2.7?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Cfbeaver What engine did you go with? Assuming the 2.7?
Yup. 2.7 - and itā€™s great. Iā€™m respecting the break in period but itā€™s got torque and it moves.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today was the day. Ill add to this post in the next few days. But here are my thoughts after the first 50 Miles. im not going to post 1000 pics because I feel like weā€™ve all seen everything. But let me know if thereā€™s something youā€™d like to see and Iā€™ll happily snap a pic and post.

SIZE - I donā€™t remember the numbers on paper - but itā€™s bigger than my wrangler I traded in for it. Way bigger.

RIDE- it rides 100x better than the wrangler (even with the Sasquatch packsge) no doubt. No question. Rides incredibly.

SEATS - I love the marine grade vinyl. I was under the impression they did not come with heated seats even with Lux (I feel like they said this in a bronco nation walk around???) but these seats are heated and will burn your ass. They get HOT - which is great. but. The seats are a little stiff.ā€¦. Not terrible. But I noticed it right away.

SOFT TOP- looksā€¦ fine.? Little droopy in a spot or two. Not terrible. Way quieter than the soft top in my wrangler. Like way way quieter.

BUILD QUALITY - inside and out - outstanding. interior is utilitarian but solid. And honestly I like the materials. This is coming from someone thatā€™s had top of the line audis, bmws, Jaguars and teslas. And the quality in here is great. Materials are what they are and utilitarian for a reason - but. all put together very very well.

CLIMATE CONTROL - It is STRONG!1 like I wish that fan setting 1 was fan setting 3 because it needs settings below 1 - fan speed 1 is still really intense.

VISIBILITY - read some comments where people were disappointed. I get that I donā€™t think itā€™s terrible - but the windshield feels short and I feel like the rear view mirror takes up a lot of space in terms of field of view. I did find myself bobbing my head around to look around it.

Those are my thoughts after 50 miles. Let me know what else you want to see ā€˜ hear.

Ford Bronco Shadow Black Badlands Sasquatch w/ Lux DELIVERED. Impressions from former Jeep owner E171027C-5A35-4DBC-8D84-47DDC45C0163

Ford Bronco Shadow Black Badlands Sasquatch w/ Lux DELIVERED. Impressions from former Jeep owner E171027C-5A35-4DBC-8D84-47DDC45C0163

Quick update from day 2:

Still rides great. Iā€™m respecting the break in period - but this thing is no slouch. Feels as fast as my Audi SQ5.

Also - top goes up / down much easier than the wrangler soft top. The fact that thereā€™s only a latch on the driver side for getting it all the way down is super easy. And it rotates / guides itself down much more smoothly / elegantly than the wranglers top.

Very easy to get rear windows in / out.

Thatā€™s all. More to come.

For a trailer can you measure your front tire outside width

OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Geekytrails

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So. Full disclosure. I used to work in some of the best recording studios in the worldā€¦ so. Iā€™ve heard Grammy award winning musicians live through some of the greatest equipment and loudspeakers in the world.
Iā€™ve owned many cars with a whole range of speaker systems. One of my favorites is the system in my wifeā€™s Tesla - it bangs to put it simply. If thatā€™s a 10 - this is an 8.75 - itā€™s fantastic. It will get more than loud enough to make your ears hurt - started to get a little distortion at those levels but you shouldnā€™t have it that high. Bass is solid. Imaging is what youā€™d expect out of a boxy car with the roof off. Iā€™d say itā€™s better that 98% of car stereos Iā€™ve heard from the factory.
Thank you for the detailed review. I think this will be good enough for me. I appreciate quality sound, but my ears haven't been spoiled like yours šŸ˜†

talbot

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

congrats, the BL looks fantastic
really appreciate your review and comments

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You forgot to mention it is dog-approved. Clearly the photo of Fido shows that he/she is happy with the back seat dimensions and that for all intents and purposes, that seat is exclusively Fido's!

rbell2267

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Put a MIC top on it and you have my build. Good to see. Thanks for the write up.

OP
OP
Cfbeaver

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You forgot to mention it is dog-approved. Clearly the photo of Fido shows that he/she is happy with the back seat dimensions and that for all intents and purposes, that seat is exclusively Fido's!
Lol. Yes. It is dog approved. Other than the fact that itā€™s too tall for him to jump up intoā€¦.. šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I plan on doing only light car camping That will probably never take me anywhere other than a mediocre fire road.ā€¦. So. I have no plans to change out tires whatsoever.

Id take anyone changing out tires so quickly with a grain of salt. The vehicle is clearly very very capable. And the tires that came with it are surely fine for 80-90% of buyers. (bring the haters and noise. If you want bigger / gnarlier tires go for it but letā€™s be serious on how many of us actually need themā€¦ā€¦..) im very open and honest that I will use about 10% of this cars ability. I got the squatch because itā€™s the look that fits the car - was clearly designed proportion wise for the 35s.
This is exactly how I feel. I don't plan on doing any extreme rock-crawling (although she will be taken into the wilds of California) but the SAS fills out the body perfectly and anything less than the 33's starts to look like shoes too small for one's feet. It was clearly designed with big wheel wells for meaty tires.

As a former Wrangler owner myself I agree with a lot of what you said and am glad to hear all the positives from someone who's taken delivery. Enjoy, it looks incredible!
Sponsored