First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Driving by car dealers recently and they are starting to get cars on the lot, give it a few months and bronco prices will tank as everyone that can’t afford the payment and the gas decide to sell at a loss(sucks that they over paid to begin with) truck prices were high last time gas was cheap then as soon as it started hitting $5 a gallon people started selling, it will lag a few months but somehow there are a lot of people in this world that can afford a truck or expensive gas and not both, gas goes up and down and the price of big vehicle lags in opposite directions.
Most economic indicators are pointing towards significant correction/recession. Unless I needed a vehicle immediately I’d sit it out for a year or so. I’m looking for a house and possibly a larger boat, both things that are impacted by current economic conditions like higher interest rates and high gas prices. I’m expecting boat prices to drop when people see the $6-8 per gallon at the marina this summer. On the good side I sold my AZ house in April right before the interest rates really spiked and houses began to sit, and I just got a vin for my Ford Lightning electric truck to combat gas prices on my daily driver.
Sponsored

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Coming from someone that has driven manuals on and off for forty years, and currently have one as a POS commuter vehicle, I would never go out of my way to own one, and as a new vehicle than I'm planning on keeping till it's dead, a manual Bronco would be a deal breaker. Now on a road course in a little sports car sure, not for a utility vehicle.
also as someone who has driven manuals my entire life, a manual (2 Dr)Bronco was a MUST, even compromising on engine size to get a manual.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

EF2B3C5B-067C-4D2A-A2FE-513E03EC7CB8.jpeg

On the manual, nobody can drive them anymore and the automatic is awesome off-road.
I guess I'm your Nobody then because I wouldn't trade my Bronco for any Stickless Bronco or Bronco Wagon

And neither would my 17yo daughter. She is your Little Miss Nobody since I let her drive the Bronco to school everyday.

Every teenage driver should be driving a manual. It keeps them focused on their vehicle and the road.

Last edited:

Deleted member 29556

Observations...

Are you asking opinion on the manual? IMO, f that. Flame suit on. I drove our 2D base once and came to that conclusion. This is a personal decision and if you want to constantly interact with your ride instead of let it do the shifting, go for it.

Now, if you're asking if this is a sound financial decision or permission. Ask your wife. Nothing we say here will trump what she says. If you have the disposable $$ or that isn't a consideration, meh, go for it. If it was an automatic, my opinion would be do it. I like the color, trim level, wheels and moar door. Considering resale value, 2.3 and manual will not be as desirable as 2.7 auto but everything else is good equipment.

You know you want it and you've already made your mind up. Get wife's blessing and do it.
What is your opinion on the manual? I chose the manual on my order, but only test rode the auto, your feedback is highly appreciated! I have watched YouTube reviews and everyone says positive things about the manual, I am coming from a 13 manual focus that I been driving since 2013.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I guess I'm your Nobody then because I wouldn't trade my Bronco for any Stickless Bronco or Bronco Wagon
While I wouldn't trade my Bronco for an EB either, I do think they are the coolest Broncos, but I can't figure out your "Bronco Wagon", comment, because it looks like you have one for your aviator.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anything over MSRP is a rip off. Folks complain that dealers are doing this and then folks go along with it. I still don't get why you would pay more for a truck that is worth less the day you drive it off the lot. My 2¢.

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

And neither would my 17yo daughter is your Miss Nobody since I let her drive the Bronco to school everyday.

Every teenage driver should be driving a manual. It keeps them focused on their vehicle and the road.
And then they can drive pert near anything in the future if they learn on a manual. All my daughters first cars/trucks were manual.

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the question is, can you afford to take a loss on it when you go to sell it if the market corrects itself? I think there will be a lot of folks hurting in the coming years that will be wildly upside down on their new/used cars when they go to sell or trade them in after the market returns to normal...

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anything over MSRP is a rip off. Folks complain that dealers are doing this and then folks go along with it. I still don't get why you would pay more for a truck that is worth less the day you drive it off the lot. My 2¢.
At the current market, MSRP is a "deal" but I don't think it will for much longer and supply catches up with demand. The real question is what will everyone do when the market turns back to normal and that $60k vehicle is worth 25 and there is still a 40k loan out on it...

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
MSRP jumped $3K on my build over when I speced it Sept 21, figure when I reorder in a few months, it will be $5k(?) over 21MY prices. Gas was $3 a gallon then, heading for $6 a gallon. I sure wish I would've purchased my build, 8 months ago for $48K (or $5k over), vs waiting on paying the same $48K(?) six months from now.

Last edited:

mspaz789

Wildtrak
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
Darren13

Darren13

Big Bend
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roush Mustang/ Fj Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I liked the manual but just can’t see driving it everyday. I even have the 10speed auto in my rough mustang which is so much faster than the 6 speed manual. Think I have decided against it. The $6 a gallon this summer is a big factor. We lost a lot of mpgs when we went from my wife’s Nissan Murano to the BIg Bend.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While I wouldn't trade my Bronco for an EB either, I do think they are the coolest Broncos, but I can't figure out your "Bronco Wagon", comment, because it looks like you have one for your aviator.
Broncos only have 2 Doors

More Doors = Bronco Wagon

Same applies for Jeeps

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
nobody is buying cars
but not because no one wants one...it's because the auto manufacturers can't build enough due to labor issues and supply chain issues.
Sponsored