First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buying a new vehicle based on the resale value is silly. If you are worried about depreciation just get a used one in the first place.

Last edited:

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's a dangerous thing to be repeating without the confirmation. Only one anecdotal report of circumstantial evidence.
Says the man with Danger in his user name! ;)

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to get a First Edition reservation. Do people think I shouldn't pass that up if I can get one based on resale value? I really like the Badlands or Black Diamond and plus you can A plan those. Thoughts?
If you want it, go for it. The first OTA update will immediately give you an incremental 4" lift and portal axles.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to get a First Edition reservation. Do people think I shouldn't pass that up if I can get one based on resale value? I really like the Badlands or Black Diamond and plus you can A plan those. Thoughts?
Just get the one with the features you want. They are not rare enough to command a premium and they don't have any meaningful feature upgrades.

Ford Bronco Should I pass on First Edition? 1612551162761

Opulence... I has it. Bronco most premium package.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have to ask, likely not. But my question is more based on where this is coming from for you?

Meaning, the cost range between a lets say Squatched Black Diamond, to a Badlands, to a First Edition is like $45K-$64K roughly, so is this a question of cost? Features and resale make this a non-starter question.

So what's what?

GotNotch

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you want black leather and lightning blue then get it. If you want MGV with washout floors then get the Badlands/lux.

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is tricky. There's no way to really predict future resale value differences between trims. There have been many "limited edition", special edition, etc. trims that haven't translated into better resale values. Generally speaking, options don't hold their value as well for resale. But, some special editions end up being those unicorns that command much more in resale down the road. The catch is when those special editions offer features people really want that can't be had on another trim.

So, in my opinion, only get the FE if you want most of the features it comes with. Since you can spec other trims to be very similar to an FE, it doesn't really have an exclusivity factor, other than its trim name. So, get the FE if you are going to use and enjoy most of its features.

**Also, even way down the road, say 30 years from now, when these are being sold at Barrett Jackson or wherever for what seem like huge sums, keep in mind that the same amount of money invested in the stock market will yield likely far more money than that future auction price. So, don't look at this as an investment in any way.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is tricky. There's no way to really predict future resale value differences between trims. There have been many "limited edition", special edition, etc. trims that haven't translated into better resale values. Generally speaking, options don't hold their value as well for resale. But, some special editions end up being those unicorns that command much more in resale down the road. The catch is when those special editions offer features people really want that can't be had on another trim.

So, in my opinion, only get the FE if you want most of the features it comes with. Since you can spec other trims to be very similar to an FE, it doesn't really have an exclusivity factor, other than its trim name. So, get the FE if you are going to use and enjoy most of its features.

**Also, even way down the road, say 30 years from now, when these are being sold at Barrett Jackson or wherever for what seem like huge sums, keep in mind that the same amount of money invested in the stock market will yield likely far more money than that future auction price. So, don't look at this as an investment in any way.
THIS
An “investment” should appreciate over time. Or certainly have the opportunity to do so. Vehicles on the whole depreciate. As they say timing is everything and it’s possible there may be opportunity to flip early based on high demand and low supply to start, but who knows.

I tried to reserve FE launch night. No dice. I’d pull trigger and order FE in your shoes. But the second I got it home, I’d take off that gawd awful brush guard.

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Add me to the ditch the FE camp. Cause that's what I did.

Badlands 2.7 AT Squatch Lux with Tow pkg (which I want) + Storage Bags for Doors/ Roof

$4K less than FE

No brush guard or graphics that I didn't want no power seats or leather that I didn't need washout interior for when I inevitably leave the top off / down in the rain

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

2" higher than Badlands or BD SQ
While nothing I have seen shows that, I will be happy for even another inch (that's what she said) to pull those tires away from the body.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I almost changed for the colors and interior limits, but they pulled through and got me black and LB. I will miss the washout interior occasionally, but will enjoy the quieter interior more often. Reminder to myself: watch for rainclouds.

don1n

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nope. Will hold value more so than the others. Especially Lightning Blue with black interior. Even though residuals in a prior thread looked low.
Think the Lightning Blue will be more desirable? I'm on the fence on what color to get my FE, I'm probably going to flip it asap

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Think the Lightning Blue will be more desirable? I'm on the fence on what color to get my FE, I'm probably going to flip it asap
How much profit are you expecting?
Sponsored