First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX and ford F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I don't know what sandstone is suppose to look like and I thought wild track had some digi camo look. But this is what I rode in . Looks like navy pier to me . Ie frankenstein . Maybe there was another race red . But I didn't see it .

1E04FC79-9DE2-4EDD-8CD0-71A5767BBBE9.jpeg
Guys..... I was there all day. Spent hours with each of them. The Race Red is a wildtrak, no it’s not a Frankeinstein. It has a leather Sandstone interior.
The Rapid red is a First Edition and has the navy pier interior. Not sure what you mean by « it does not have the wheel I have seen on Squatch ». It has the standard First Edition wheels which are Sasquatch wheels with the beauty ring painted black. And yes those are 35 tires on the Rapid Red.

I guarantee it.
Broncoser your right , my mistake was sandstone . Didn't realize that with leather it dropped the digi camo and added the blue. Mirrors the renderings .
Sponsored

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know what sandstone is suppose to look like and I thought wild track had some digi camo look. But this is what I rode in . Looks like navy pier to me . Ie frankenstein . Maybe there was another race red . But I didn't see it .

Ford Bronco Side-by-Side photos of 33's vs 35's tires on 2021 Bronco (with pro camera) Screenshot_20210207-001619
I believe that’s the SandStone leather trimmed vinyl.... and the reason why i am switching from wildtrack to badlands :\

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Go to the B&P. Badlands let you select the 4.7 gears with the 2.7 and the automatic. So, just by clicking a button you can get the gearing. Ford stops you from doing a lot of interesting things but they let you do this. Where's the problem?
Ford Bronco Side-by-Side photos of 33's vs 35's tires on 2021 Bronco (with pro camera) Screenshot_20210207-001619

Honestly, I don't look at the B&P because we've all know it was completely messed up when it was introduced and has still not been completely fixed. It's a waste of time to get worked up over what can or can not be done on it when the info is available other places.

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

According to B&P you get it with the manual

B&P also lets you chose 4.7 with automatic without Sasquatch, but it is in error. Can’t order that way

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly, I don't look at the B&P because we've all know it was completely messed up when it was introduced and has still not been completely fixed. It's a waste of time to get worked up over what can or can not be done on it when the info is available other places.
B&P is what my dealer is using to order. They don’t offer any other options if it’s not on their online B&P. I’m not questioning you but if it’s out there but you can’t order it what good is that?

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go to the B&P. Badlands let you select the 4.7 gears with the 2.7 and the automatic. So, just by clicking a button you can get the gearing. Ford stops you from doing a lot of interesting things but they let you do this. Where's the problem?
That’s an error in B&P. Can’t order that way unless you get Sasquatch or manual transmission.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

B&P is what my dealer is using to order. They don’t offer any other options if it’s not on their online B&P. I’m not questioning you but if it’s out there but you can’t order it what good is that?

What good is a B&P that is screwed up? Not much at all. Ford carries all the blame and should be embarrassed. They must not be as they've failed to fix most of the mistakes.

Now, what I think and what Ford thinks are two completely different things when it comes to what you SHOULD be able to do. There is no reason we can't choose our preferred gear ratio other than Ford says no. I would have loved to have gotten my BD with 4.7s, but it wasn't an option. It would have been just as easy to build with it, but whatever. Just means I'll upgrade to what I really want myself sooner than later.

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s an error in B&P. Can’t order that way unless you get Sasquatch or manual transmission.
I miss read the post I quoted as you can't get it with a manual. Newborn = sleep deprivation.

I am 3 pedal for life kind of guy, or at least until I can no longer purchase them

Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So a few days ago I brought you a detailed report about my ride at KOH here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ack-report-and-new-information-gleaned.12330/

I told you I did not post more pictures cause I have the same as everyone else. That was true for my phone pictures. What I did not tell you is that I brought a pro DSLR to take a comparison of 33s and 35s with a lens corrected for distortion at a focale that is close to human eye for proportion.
So here you go.

EDIT: I feel the question coming. Yes when I saw them for real when taking those pictures it looked and felt like those pictures. They are "true to size". My opinion is that 33" look good but the 35 look a bit better. My first thought when seeing them the first time was "it's less difference than I thought it would be"
Capability is very similar, all the Broncos at that event (on 33 and 35) were doing the same course at the same speed. An engineer at Bilstein who helped develop the shock even said he would take the 33s cause "travel is king" and he did not like that Ford reduced travel on the 35s. So it's mostly a look question. Is the slightly better look on the 35 worth $2500 (on a Badlands)? Do you favor the 1" higher clearance? or the 1cm better travel? Only you can answer. Personally, I am still undecided.

By the way, just trowing that out there but I just test drove a 2.3 ranger today and a 2.7 F150. I floored both 8 to 10 times from 0mph and from 20 and 50. Honestly very little difference, and I would say that the 2.3 even had more character and was more fun. BUT the F150 was 400 pounds heavier. Still, I do agree with the Bronco driver from KOH when he said both engines are perfectly fit even on a loaded Badlands. After discussing that with him, and driving both myself I decided to go with the 2.3. Unpopular opinion for sure, but just sharing my thoughts for those who can't decide.

Awesome! Thanks!

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everyone getting just the 33's: "I don't see any difference"
Everyone getting the SAS: "why would anyone pay $50k or more on a new iconic vehicle after waiting more than a year and NOT GET Sasquatch with 4.7 gears and HOSS"??!!
Just saying...

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So a few days ago I brought you a detailed report about my ride at KOH here: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ack-report-and-new-information-gleaned.12330/

I told you I did not post more pictures cause I have the same as everyone else. That was true for my phone pictures. What I did not tell you is that I brought a pro DSLR to take a comparison of 33s and 35s with a lens corrected for distortion at a focale that is close to human eye for proportion.
So here you go.

EDIT: I feel the question coming. Yes when I saw them for real when taking those pictures it looked and felt like those pictures. They are "true to size". My opinion is that 33" look good but the 35 look a bit better. My first thought when seeing them the first time was "it's less difference than I thought it would be"
Capability is very similar, all the Broncos at that event (on 33 and 35) were doing the same course at the same speed. An engineer at Bilstein who helped develop the shock even said he would take the 33s cause "travel is king" and he did not like that Ford reduced travel on the 35s. So it's mostly a look question. Is the slightly better look on the 35 worth $2500 (on a Badlands)? Do you favor the 1" higher clearance? or the 1cm better travel? Only you can answer. Personally, I am still undecided.

By the way, just trowing that out there but I just test drove a 2.3 ranger today and a 2.7 F150. I floored both 8 to 10 times from 0mph and from 20 and 50. Honestly very little difference, and I would say that the 2.3 even had more character and was more fun. BUT the F150 was 400 pounds heavier. Still, I do agree with the Bronco driver from KOH when he said both engines are perfectly fit even on a loaded Badlands. After discussing that with him, and driving both myself I decided to go with the 2.3. Unpopular opinion for sure, but just sharing my thoughts for those who can't decide.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought the difference between the BL w/o sas and with, was 10mm which is less then half an inch. My understanding is that the difference is much bigger in a base sas vs non-sas.
At least that was what I gathered from one of the videos that came out a couple of months ago, where they had three people involved in the Bronco answering questions.

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Axle page in the Order Guide.

7A1EA28C-D957-4966-AC74-C15BBD28CF64.jpeg
So BL doesn’t come with a disconnect? Didn’t all the videos show a BL with an axle disconnect?