First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking to add side steps to my 4dr SAS Badlands and remove the rock sliders. Will use the rock sliders when necessary but would need the steps to also be sliders. Not opposed to power steps either. Looking for recs and any pics if you've installed any.
Looking to add side steps to my 4dr SAS Badlands and remove the rock sliders. Will use the rock sliders when necessary but would need the steps to also be sliders. Not opposed to power steps either. Looking for recs and any pics if you've installed any.
IAG Performance has steps that bolt right to your rock rails, easy on and off šŸ¤ 
Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I installed the Ford OEM sidesteps. I used my Ford Pass points to reduce the cost to about $285. Iā€™m happy with they way the look on my 2 door Base.
2D289EE4-612B-4A52-B0F4-7EC3C5BB28E3.jpeg
I ordered my Bronco with the side steps for an easier entry/exit and to help from road damage to the rocker panel, and I like the look, too. Unfortunately, I had to reposition them rearward two-plus inches to allow for clearance for OEM mud flaps.

Bronco Wheel Well 3.jpg

Bronco Rear Wheel 1.jpg

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ChanceA51BD

Black Diamond
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I finally had the time to install my D1 steps. They provided the step-down my wife was looking for and enough "door ding" coverage for my concerns. They almost exactly line up with the edge of the wheels.

Ford Bronco Side Step Recommendations JPEG image 6

Ford Bronco Side Step Recommendations JPEG image 5
Ford Bronco Side Step Recommendations JPEG image 13

Ford Bronco Side Step Recommendations JPEG image 9

Ford Bronco Side Step Recommendations JPEG image 15

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those are over $1500 but donā€™t remember the $ amount over $1500. $1549? $1,598? Interesting I donā€™t even see them on the site anymore. Takes a few clicks to get away from the ā€œbronco parts are comingā€ page to actual product page. Iā€™m looking for (probably never need) frame mounted sliders that can also be steps. Chat with RTR yesterday said the narrow part of slider is 4 inches and 7 at the wide part. I have a non SAS badlands so concerned these may be too wide at that back part.
I measured about 4.5" step surface on the front of Zroadz and 5.5" in the back. Front lines up nearly perfectly with non sas flares, so back pokes just a tiny bit.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/zroadz-rail-non-sasquatch-install-troubles-and-review.39787/

Sponsored

JDoc92

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For sure! I'm anxiously waiting to see how they look powder coated and on their test bronco. Those are probably my first choice due to the slightly lower step height, but also being strong. Thanks for the redirect though, I appreciate it.
LOD Offroad site has all three of their frame mounted options available. Free shipping and on sale now. No Bronco tax either!!

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just installed the RTR rock sliders on my 2dr, top quality, heavy duty, installed like a dream, 4 large bolts (10mm) on each side in the body (torqued 37 lb ft), another 4 small bolts (6mm) on each side through pinch weld (torqued 10.4 lb ft/124 lb in)
Ford Bronco Side Step Recommendations DE343821-A10B-46F4-98B6-4BE4FCB4E9DC.JPG

Ford Bronco Side Step Recommendations E2B0A477-8552-41EA-94E9-C65D278BA62C.JPG

Ford Bronco Side Step Recommendations FF9E9919-DC60-460C-A713-8F7B37ACAFF2.JPG

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Last edited:

ticklemybronco

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

JohnB

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Those are over $1500 but donā€™t remember the $ amount over $1500. $1549? $1,598? Interesting I donā€™t even see them on the site anymore. Takes a few clicks to get away from the ā€œbronco parts are comingā€ page to actual product page. Iā€™m looking for (probably never need) frame mounted sliders that can also be steps. Chat with RTR yesterday said the narrow part of slider is 4 inches and 7 at the wide part. I have a non SAS badlands so concerned these may be too wide at that back part.
AR Industry makes steps that bolt to the factory rock rail!!

Sponsored

JDoc92

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AR Industry makes steps that bolt to the factory rock rail!!
Those are nice. Originally had their steps on order but canceled. Went with LOD. These should ship to me next week.

E6E6F156-5009-4144-938A-5701AB0264D5.png

JohnB

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice
Iā€™m sure slowly the after market world will start getting busy
Thanks for the share. This look nice

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted to add my quick story to this thread, just because it was a mess at first. I ordered GoRhino side steps from Stage3 Motorsports. Easy to install.... just a few bolts right? Well, they sent me the wrong hardware kit (a lot of these are general use, and they sub in various bolts and brackets based on model). And so I assumed the bolt kit was correct since the parts numbers matched the Bronco 2022 items....

Well, the bolts that secure the brackets to the underbody were the wrong bolts. Assuming they were correct, and possibly a tight fit because ford paints over the holes ( maybe the paint on the female threads made it a bit tight)... And what do you know, one of the bolts broke off in the hole. Another stripped the threads.......

I took to my dealer and they were able to retap one hole, but couldnt get the other broken bolt out... And they sold me the correct bolts that Ford uses on the factory steps. Went in like butter.....

Anyhow, I paid them for an hour of work..... and the bolts. Not a ton, but it was like $70...

When I tried to file a claim with both Stage3 and GoRhino, they are trying to reimburse me for the bolts alone. So like $10! And I am like, "you guys realize I waited a Fing year to get this truck right?" "you guys realize there is a broken bolt stuck in my new truck because you sent the WRONG hardware right?"

Just saying.... Not a great experience from these two companies, and I know GoRhino makes a ton of stuff..... so can afford $75 to keep a customer coming back..................... I would have thought...
My go rhino d6s were rusty straight out of the box even with the over kill packing the entire back side where the brackets go was raw steel. They were shipped directly from the factory and have been inside since Fed Ex dropped them off. They won't last one winter in the midwest so no way they're going on my Bronco. Waste of money. I would recommend going with something else.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the GoRhino D6 steps on mine, very happy here as well. Originally I had planned for the DS or DSS as they don't stick out quite so far, but someone on here talked me into these. If you have sasquatch the outside of the bar lines up pretty close with the outside of your fender flares.

Swapping them back out is a solid 45 minutes worth of work, maybe an hour if you take your time. Its one of those thing you say you're gonna do I think :)

Ford Bronco Side Step Recommendations E6E6F156-5009-4144-938A-5701AB0264D5

Ford Bronco Side Step Recommendations E6E6F156-5009-4144-938A-5701AB0264D5
Hey jedi McMuffin, your steps look great. However, your mount for your Rotopax's caught my eye, what brand are you using on your spare tire?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs