Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just started noticing a slight jolt when taking off from a stop a couple weeks ago. It happens about 50% of the time and it feels like the transmission is shifting for whatever reason and almost feels like the Auto Start/Stop but it's not it and even happens when that is turned off. I really only feel it in the brake pedal. Has anybody else experience anything like this?
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

All the time or after cold startup? Mine has always done it, until warmed up. The rpms are crazy high until it’s up to temp.

OP
OP
Tdifonzo

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All the time or after cold startup? Mine has always done it, until warmed up. The rpms are crazy high until it’s up to temp.
I'm pretty sure it happens no matter the engine temp but I will double check.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I occasionally feel a slight jolt/rough shift when coming to a stop. Haven't noticed it from a start.

Maybe it's suspension movement? You were nose down when braking and starting up you're nose up..

ksh

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually learned about this at the off-roadeo event, but here's a video explaining (what I think is happening with yours) what they talked about.

Ford Bronco Slight jolt when letting off brakes during take off / Auto transmission 1657896583633

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tdifonzo

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually learned about this at the off-roadeo event, but here's a video explaining (what I think is happening with yours) what they talked about.

Ford Bronco Slight jolt when letting off brakes during take off / Auto transmission 1657896583633
Good advice but I've never parked without the parking brake in any of my cars. Will send this video to my girlfriend though who refuses to use it. Lol

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good advice but I've never parked without the parking brake in any of my cars. Will send this video to my girlfriend though who refuses to use it. Lol
Well, I'm team GF, but whatever. I only use Parking Brakes on hills, when I'm leaving the engine running or on really steep hills otherwise, manual or auto, but that's just me. Never broken or worn out parking pawl, or any other transmission component in 50 years of driving (not counting my old '55 Willys with a Ford 289 that ate T90's).

To your original question my 2.3 kinda 'stutters' at brake release sometimes, like the ASS is working but I have it shut off. I have no clue what it is...

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think I may be experiencing the same issue…. Does the thump almost feel like someone tapped your bumper from behind? It’s quite annoying to me because I think something is wrong and not right. Almost like the driveshaft has play in it. Very hard to explain.

Overboost

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s most likely the slip yoke in the driveshaft that is sticking. Have your dealership lubricant the splines with the Ford PTFE lubricant.

Sponsored

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have this issue, I believe it is the rear brakes, like the hill brake assist is activating and releasing when you take off the brakes. I have been releasing the brakes and not holding them and rolling slightly and it seems to not happen if I do that. Still playing around with it. Could also be the differential.

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just started noticing a slight jolt when taking off from a stop a couple weeks ago. It happens about 50% of the time and it feels like the transmission is shifting for whatever reason and almost feels like the Auto Start/Stop but it's not it and even happens when that is turned off. I really only feel it in the brake pedal. Has anybody else experience anything like this?
I have only recently started noticing this and I'm at 8,400 miles. Like you said, I feel it in the pedal as I take off and my auto start/stop is disabled.

I'm hoping it's a brake vacuum/ABS quirk and not that the transmission is shifting as soon as I hit the gas. I guess time will tell but for now I'm going with an observation and not a concern.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s most likely the slip yoke in the driveshaft that is sticking. Have your dealership lubricant the splines with the Ford PTFE lubricant.
The bronco driveshaft doesn’t have a slip yoke

Overboost

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The bronco driveshaft doesn’t have a slip yoke
There has to be some place in the drive line to deal with the fore/aft movement of the driveshaft as the rear axle wraps up. Mine is in the middle, but doesn’t appear serviceable.

9BB4CECE-1FFF-4580-9A5B-73924FD466B7.jpeg

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve noticed this a couple of times as well. Cold and warm engine. Last one was at a stop sign about to pull out into the intersection and as I was releasing the brake pedal it jolted forward like I was tapped on the rear bumper. Didn’t get it again the rest of the ride home. I have no idea what would cause this. Maybe something with the electronic brakes controls?
Sponsored