Sponsored

Smallest size tire that would look good on a stock Wildtrak?

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
33’s would be the route (basically would look like a stock badlands). I’d get something light/mild like Nitto Nomad Grapplers if gas mileage is your objective. However, as others stated; you will also want to get a Ford performance tuner or similar so you can quickly calibrate tire size back and forth. Also another consideration is the fender flares… with 33s the standard flare size will look MUCH better than the Sasquatch flares.

With your gearing, it’s gonna be a lot of work for minimal gains. Best route might just be to pick up some cheap takeoff wheels on Facebook market and mount some super non aggressive at tires/pizza cutters in 35” size (if that exists) and call it a day.
Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep the 35's, at least until they wear out. Then take the advice about pizza cutters if you want an incremental increase in mileage. Note that you will spend more on new tires/rims than save in gas, probably, with the added benefit of making it look, well, ugly!

I drove Eco the first couple months. It's... less than stellar. I also can't say it got terribly better gas mileage. Stay in Normal.

If you want to promote good gas mileage:

- Drive smoothly, try not to mash the break or gas.
- Use cruise control as much as you can. I use it in town driving down main roads, and of course always on the highways.
- Stay at/below 70 and 65 if you can. The "sweet spot" on the highway is 50-65, that's where you get the best gas mileage. 75 you will notice a difference.

I would also argue getting a good air filter and the tune plus 91/93 gas gives you maybe an extra couple mpg's.

OP
OP
JRMFFL531

JRMFFL531

Wildtrak
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have to admit driving in eco mode kinda sucks. So I’m glad you told me bro. Thank you.
Keep the 35's, at least until they wear out. Then take the advice about pizza cutters if you want an incremental increase in mileage. Note that you will spend more on new tires/rims than save in gas, probably, with the added benefit of making it look, well, ugly!

I drove Eco the first couple months. It's... less than stellar. I also can't say it got terribly better gas mileage. Stay in Normal.

If you want to promote good gas mileage:

- Drive smoothly, try not to mash the break or gas.
- Use cruise control as much as you can. I use it in town driving down main roads, and of course always on the highways.
- Stay at/below 70 and 65 if you can. The "sweet spot" on the highway is 50-65, that's where you get the best gas mileage. 75 you will notice a difference.

I would also argue getting a good air filter and the tune plus 91/93 gives you maybe an extra couple mpg's.
Geez. How do you all know all this stuff?! Thanks. I do like the 35”a. Lol. I was just being a cheap ass

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Geez. How do you all know all this stuff?! Thanks. I do like the 35”a. Lol. I was just being a cheap ass
17.5k miles in 8 months man. lol

Eco I think is for maybe highway, where you set cruise control and let the Bronco manage gas. When you drive it with the pedal, I feel like you end up compensating for it, so I only noticed a negligible improvement in mpg.

In normal on a highway trip out of town, I've seen 22mpg over 200-300 miles. In my mind, the key is liberal use of cruise control and stay at or below 65.

I've also heard that Sport can do well with mpg because it uses higher rpm and the EcoBoost does well above 2.4krpm. Driving down the highway for a long time revving at 2.8krpm would be hard for me, though. lol

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Simply going off aesthetics 33s look perfect on a 2-door, 35s on a 4 door.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have to admit driving in eco mode kinda sucks. So I’m glad you told me bro. Thank you.
I've found a light foot in Sport mode keeps me out of the turbos more than a light foot in Normal mode.
I've read on here turbo boost is MPG killer, but not verified.
I don't use Eco, it sucks
I don't care about fuel mileage, so I've never calculated it.
I have 2.7 with Ford Performance tune.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

33 will look just fine, and work just fine with 4.70 - that's the factory configuration for a non-Sas manual Badlands. I could get 20-24 mpg hwy with that configuration.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm not sure how much eco actually saves. I get close to 18 mixed driving in my BB SAS, w/ 2.7 running smooth acceleration and breaking in normal. Towing and dirt kill mpg for me.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This.

I have 37s and I'm not sure what my MPG has gone down to, I'll have to double check. But if I stay out of the boost the tank does travel about as far as it estimates.
If you didn’t recalibrate your speedometer with Forscan you will be getting better mileage than you measure, you’ll be going further than your odometer reads.

retrospex

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak, Audi RS5 B8.5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you didn’t recalibrate your speedometer with Forscan you will be getting better mileage than you measure, you’ll be going further than your odometer reads.
Gotcha. I did not recalibrate, I was hoping to get it done at a shop but I haven't made time to go. I used my guestimation skills from the road trip I've made a few times already. Using Waze or Google Maps for the route I knew the distance I had to cover.

Sponsored

BoatMan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I switched to 33's for winter on my Big Bend Sasquatch. It doesn't look quite as good as stock, but I still think it is decent. The key is to make sure you get the right wheel offset if you end up with a narrower tire. I went from a +20 offset to a 0 offset.

OP
OP
JRMFFL531

JRMFFL531

Wildtrak
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That green and gold color pattern is awesome. Is that USF Bulls colors?

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Simply going off aesthetics 33s look perfect on a 2-door, 35s on a 4 door.
20220609_183016_Original.jpeg

34s on the Ranger look normal.

IMG_0883.jpeg

33s

33s look great on the two door.

OP
OP
JRMFFL531

JRMFFL531

Wildtrak
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love that decals on the pickup.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love that decals on the pickup.
Thanks!
Factory Tremor decals. A lot of people hate them, but to me they are a flex.
Sponsored