Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There’s a report on this forum of a tie rod being snapped while turning in the driveway.
Yeah, still don't believe that one.
Sponsored

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, we are talking about off roading. Add to that, reality is that many will look to add a lift; not many are experienced enough to understand that cheap lifts, like spacer lifts aren't really for serious wheeling, but cost leads many down that road.

If you're bone stock (which I will be for the first 3 years of ownership), no, your tie rods shouldn't break unless you hit them on an obstacle.

But, again, many want the look of a lift. Some want to run 37s with no further upgrades, so both of these scenarios are likely to lead to a broken tie rod for those who go off road where rocks are involved.
Even nice coil-over lifts will get your tie rods in bad angles that will make them fail. If you look at the tie rod at full droop you will see how bad the angles are. I knew what I was getting into and had spares on hand. Its part of lifting and offroading new vehicles.
Ford Bronco ICON XD Forged Tie Rods 1665616488877

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This. For the 6G, a few taps of a hammer has never let me down, but there was a guy that posted a couple weeks back that couldn't get it to pop. A screw style separator is safe to use in that case.
That was me. I used a screw style separator and even then it took some serious turns before it finally popped. That was also after beating the heck out of it with a regular hammer followed by a 3lb sledge. The passenger side popped out on it's own 🤷‍♂️

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good job Icon! Very excited to see these come to market. I’ll share this in Gold Country Broncos as I know a few of us are preparing to go to 37’s. Highly recommend Broncbuster steering rack fixes as well to anyone buying these.
Gold Country Bronco's, NorCal's Biggest Bronco Group. Hi you might want to look at the Sacramento and Bay Area Clubs before laying claim to the biggest in Nor Cal.

If you want to go wheeling the Sac Club is heading out Saturday.

edit: Found your FB page, NorCal Broncos Public group 1.1K members. Cool

Last edited:

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Tell me more about this sway bar bracket? Is it designed for lifted geometry as my current sway bar is too tight and does not allow a lot of articulation . I'm waiting on Rockjock to come out with their adjustable sway bar, but if your bracket will move it back more to the original position, that might work.
You could buy ACFab's sway bar disconnects. They are height adjustable. How much extra do you need?

Sponsored

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Gold Country Bronco's, NorCal's Biggest Bronco Group. Hi you might want to look at the Sacramento and Bay Area Clubs before laying claim to the biggest in Nor Cal.

If you want to go wheeling the Sac Club is heading out Saturday.

edit: Found your FB page, NorCal Broncos Public group 1.1K members. Cool
Largest 6g Bronco group. My bad and fixed.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You could buy ACFab's sway bar disconnects. They are height adjustable. How much extra do you need?

I would like to see if the ACFab links work with the ICONs. The issue with the ICONS is very limited clearance and it appears the ACFab bracket pushes the top of the swaybar toward the coils a bit. Haven't seen it in person, just in pictures. I'd still rather have the Rockjock swaybar as opposed to disconnects, but regardless I'll be doing something soon.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would like to see if the ACFab links work with the ICONs. The issue with the ICONS is very limited clearance and it appears the ACFab bracket pushes the top of the swaybar toward the coils a bit. Haven't seen it in person, just in pictures. I'd still rather have the Rockjock swaybar as opposed to disconnects, but regardless I'll be doing something soon.
You have any updated info on the Rockjock sway bars? I inquired about a month ago for front and rear antirocks and they said yes but didn't have a time frame.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You have any updated info on the Rockjock sway bars? I inquired about a month ago for front and rear antirocks and they said yes but didn't have a time frame.

talked to them a month or so ago. Said they finally got their Bronco and it's in the works. Did not give a time frame other than saying it was planned.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sweet, this is exactly why I am holding off until my badlands non-squatch are done. Let the people/companies like you put out and develop cool crap.

I am currently in the ICON stage 3 camp or MAYBE...MAYBE Bilstein 6100 for when my factory shocks wear out. This is great to hear...am looking/waiting to see if anyone else comes out with a rack/upgrade kit. I like the idea of what Broncobuster has for the rack...just what else can be thought up.

Sponsored
First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Ford F-350, ‘21 Cactus Grey 4Dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is all very promising news, I wonder if they (Icon) would ever consider doing a pre order sign up.

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm ready for a set when they are available.

OP
OP
Dusty at ICON

Dusty at ICON

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is all very promising news, I wonder if they (Icon) would ever consider doing a pre order sign up.
Probably not. I know that some of our dealers are already planning on building interest lists just based on the information in this sneak peek, although we caution them to wait until all the information firms up before taking actual pre-orders.

BRooster

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish these were already available! Following for updates.
Sponsored