Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, 18 4runner, couple of old Datsuns
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah meow, I'm not buying that. That top was left down or partially open.
Sponsored

dragon6172

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else spend a couple minutes looking into Tuktoyaktuk. Sheeesh. It's on the edge of upper canada. While i call complete BS on the post, I have more questions about how he even got his bronco. I assume shipped on a boat, which must have been expensive as hell. Otherwise, he's like a 1,500 mile drive through the yukon to the nearest ford dealership in alaska, and would had to import. or it's like a 2,000 mile drive to alberta. He may win a prize for the most remotely located Bronco built thus far.
Stalking the owners FB posts, they had around 16000 km on the odometer (10k miles) as of a 5 November post. I'd guess it was purchased and driven there, plus lots of long commutes to a grocery store maybe. Other info: Outer Banks, Lux package... stock wheels and tires (already had four flats due to rocky roads up there).

Rckjp63

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hmm, I can see how this happened even with the top closed, but I've experienced a couple of ways my Bronco wouldn't be entirely closed.

Right now, I'm having a cold weather electrical problem. If the vehicle has sat in the cold for a bit and I start it, for the first part, I get a number of alerts about blind spot detection with cross traffic, trailer brake, etc. The last time it happened, I was out with the family and friends and when we went out to go home, it pinged all the alerts, the heater didn't work, etc. This fixes itself after a moment, but every time it happens, the windows lose their training.

The first time, the passenger window went down a crack and my daughter actually asked me to roll up the window! I couldn't. The controls were inoperative. On other occasions, the windows fail to remember to roll down slightly and roll back up and so they close on the outside of the weather stripping.

I've learned the symptoms and workarounds, but instead of being a top problem, it could be random electrical weirdness like I've experienced. I don't facebook, but I'm curious whether that poster has experienced any electrical issues.

Mine, they've done the TSB on the electrical connector behind the glove box and now it's been referred to Ford engineers, who said, "It'll have to happen while it's in the shop for us to figure it out." It's in the body shop now to get all the dents and misalignments from the train ride here sorted out.

Or it could be the top got lifted by wind. Heck, I left a window cracked 1/8 inch in Wyoming one night and came out to a Tahoe full of snow drifts one time.

Good news, it's the most drama free vehicle I've ever driven on snow and ice in my life. And I garage, so I'll likely never know if the snow gets in the cab from a crosswind. :)

IMG_2202 2.jpeg
I was heading to the bank, pulled into a parking spot and noticed that part of my driver's side soft top side window was sticking out funny. So I got out to look at it and it was not secure. Somehow the flap popped out or someone tried to open it, I haven't touched the soft top since I got it and I've only had for about two weeks.

Joeybats32

Badlands
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dunno. I'm calling BS on this one. I don't even see how this is possible unless a window was left down or the top was left unlatched.

What the owner said:

The snow is coming in where the soft top meets the frame. The driver side is facing westward. We had west wind gusts of 80+km/hr yesterday. What u see is the results. Everything was shut properly. I'm not going to spend 70g and leave windows slightly open in a forecasted blizzard.

It's a public group so the link should open the story.

LINK
DB80548E-A4C3-4525-AEAA-5EC0DD30ADA1.jpeg

270184534_10209528713370542_7353714896706028609_n.jpg

270046931_10209528713290540_9047868310250487805_n.jpg

270188340_10209528713450544_6926594405371156354_n.jpg

270178484_10209528713650549_1317788240853109481_n.jpg

270187412_10209528713890555_2979829679391945259_n.jpg

270184298_10209528713970557_247273262833520868_n.jpg
The windows were easily left open. No way that much snow can come in through a crack of the soft top. They’re trying to get something out of it 😂

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in that Facebook group, and caught this picture this morning. I live in northern Wisconsin and have seen what happens in a hard driving snow storm when somebody leaves a window even cracked open. It looks a lot like this. I'm guessing the top was not secured in some fashion along the edges, and the driving wind blew it open and allowed snow in. Just being honest, I have not personally attempted to install or remove a soft top on a Bronco.

I will however say this: as I previous stated I live in northern Wisconsin. I refused to change my order to a soft top for reasons like what he experienced. This guy literally lives in the Arctic circle. You gotta want a Bronco real bad to change your order(which he states he did in his replies) to a soft top living in such a climate. My belief is he gets what he deserves for doing such a thing.
Agreed.

It's a wash out interior after all anyway. He'll be fine. :)

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Never thought i would say this, but after some Alaskan/Canadian and high snow belt people have chimed in, I am now thinking this is plausible. Even more so if maybe the top wasn't fully secured, as those people have attested that a simple slit could cause something like this in severe/extreme snowy weather.

The guy is basically a character on Life Below Zero lol. He doesnt even care to be part of society, so he's not really striking me as someone focused on self-attention by lying about this.

Last edited:

CapeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a soft top owner in New England I have already wondered about this. The soft-top is only velcro'd on the back portion where the removable side and back plastic windows are.

Sure the front leading edge is clamped down BUT the side sections where the soft-top frame meets the roof surround is not secure.
The soft-top frame is made of metal but there are no additional clamps to secure them onto the driver and passenger top rail. Crosswinds have already made their way in on numerous occasions so I'm sure snow will have no trouble coming in as well.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never thought i would say this, but after some Alaskan/Canadian and high snow belt people have chimed in, I am now thinking this is plausible. Even more so if maybe the top wasn't fully secured, as those people have attested that a simple slit could cause something like this in severe/extreme snowy whether.

The guy is basically a character on Life Below Zero lol. He doesnt even care to be part of society, so he's not really striking me as someone focused on self-attention by lying about this.
Doesnt care to be part of society, yet has FB in the middle of no damn where.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

WTF! It looks like the winter house scene out of Dr Zhivago

You take a a brand new vehicle with a convertible top to the Arctic in the middle of winter and don’t provide a storm shelter or canvas for it? Yeah, right, that is so believable that this has to be FMC’s fault. Of course, snow beached the top but not rain or dust in the previous months and mileage.

This has to be true! I saw it on the Internet….. Abe Lincoln

Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a soft top owner in New England I have already wondered about this. The soft-top is only velcro'd on the back portion where the removable side and back plastic windows are.

Sure the front leading edge is clamped down BUT the side sections where the soft-top frame meets the roof surround is not secure.
The soft-top frame is made of metal but there are no additional clamps to secure them onto the driver and passenger top rail. Crosswinds have already made their way in on numerous occasions so I'm sure snow will have no trouble coming in as well.
I feel like we have different soft tops. Mine has 4 buckles across the back and 3-4 on either side. Then the bottom is secured into the metal panels. The Velcro is just for sealing, not securing.

If the Velcro is disconnected you can certainly get a crack for weather to blow through, but not a damn blizzard inside.

Pat_McGroin

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Impossible based on the location of the snow. He messed up and is trying to get Ford to pay for it.

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The dude probably wants publicity so that ford will “make it right”

garbage. This is total crap, I just left mine out in the Colorado storms, no issues.

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is one of the most northern cities you can drive to on this continent. It's fucking winter, in the most northern region of Canda, and it was a fucking blizzard. Either he's FOS, or just doesnt prepare well for harsh climates.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And here’s a few more reasons that I doubt some fool drove a Bronco Softtop to the Arctic. Hell, I wouldn’t trust a MIC top with those paws.

Ford Bronco Snow breaches inside of Bronco w/ soft top during blizzard claims owner 20248487-D17C-4B02-BA7E-B93A9D8778DF
Ford Bronco Snow breaches inside of Bronco w/ soft top during blizzard claims owner 5277493B-97A2-4C57-AD09-4052879B1E13
Sponsored