First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250; 2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How many times has the title of this post changed!
Sponsored

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree that it's fishy, but why would the top be open in a place that rarely gets above -10 degrees this time of year?

DeztroShow

Black Diamond
First Name
Dez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

he is a cousin of mine and I don't know how this could have happened, i think the bronco was left for days in these conditions but i can't be for sure.

the winds are def strong enough esp if theres no seal on the soft top. sucks for sure. but easy enough to remove as its so cold out it hasnt melted.

Maddmax98

Black Diamond
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can see how this is possible. I was in a whiteout this past weekend in Kremmling CO, and with sidewinds snow was coming in-between the frame and the soft top. Definitely wasn't this severe but it was snowing inside my bronco with everything closed upšŸ˜…

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To validate this claim it has to be repeatable. Iā€™ll wait to see if it happens again either in simulation or actual experience of someone else.
Ok, I'll buy that... but in the mean time, due to my experience with my 2dr hardtop, I'll definitely label the OP as "PLAUSIBLE".
Just my opinion, and experience. Many others here strongly disagree.
Thus far, my experience with the hardtop tells me we are going to see A LOT of issues show up.

Sponsored

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen some pretty weird things happen with blowing snow and extreme cold. Looks like tiny crystals so it could be blowing in through the cowl vent.

As long as he cleaned it up while it was still frozen there should be no permanent damage.

Dewreckingcrew

Badlands
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 3.5 Boost and 2009 6.4 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With a frameless window, coupled with harsh conditions, I'll mark this down as plausible. These conditions could have prevented the window from sealing properly the last time he drove it (packed snow, ice on outside of window, cold weather leading to dragging/slowed electronics). Typically the window drops when the door is opened and then goes back up when closed, there are numerous things in those conditions that could have prevented that process from happening cleanly the last time he got out. Then a high wind storm comes, and this is the ending result.

Bradyrufenacht

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I worked in Prudhoe Bay for years and think it is possible. We encountered 80 to 100 mile winds in the winter and the slightest opening would let the snow in. Once in, it swirls around and finds something to land on. Different I agree, but I have had engine cavities so full and tightly packed, you couldn't chisel it out. Had to haul it to a building and let it thaw. Not saying this isn't BS and I don't have my Bronco to look at the top, just saying I think it is possible. Maybe :)

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That should be good.
Just don't drive in the rain or snow with a cross wind.
šŸ˜‰
Haha, I've done that, too - I get some breeze up above the windows where the top rests on the roll cage, but so far no leakage. At least not enough to get me wet.

But me, bah, I have the heater going usually in the winter and I drove enough military M998 HMMWVs in the Army where we were sealing up the top with 100 MPH tape to try to keep it from raining on the inside. A little weather inside the vehicle doesn't bother me much.

If I want to drive in luxurious silence while the seat massages my butt, I'll borrow the wife's Lincoln! šŸ˜œ

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good insight! Like he didn't shut the door all of the way, which in turn the window didn't roll up and seal (or windows). Not a bad thought. Still a weird way for the snow to fall straight down, like the top was open.
I've had quite a few problems with the window sealing properly on mine. The dealership can't figure it out and the Ford engineering team wasn't any help either. I've kind of come up with a ritual I perform when it happens. I haven't graduated to animal sacrifice yet, but so far, I've been able to correct it by wiggling connectors.

Like I said, I left a Tahoe with the window cracked a few mm overnight in Cheyenne WY one time and woke up with the inside looking pretty much like these photos. Fortunately, it was cold as hell out, so I used the window scraper/brush thing the rental company left in it to sweep it out before starting it up. :)

Then the highway patrol had closed 25 and I needed to get to Denver to fly, so I drove a bunch of back roads all the way to Denver. That was an annoying long day.

Sponsored

Zeebo390

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT, 2016 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Friends, before you all rip this guy a new one thinking he left something open and is BSā€™ing, please consider a few things:

First: maybe 1 out of every 1000 forum members live in or regularly visit north of the arctic circle. Iā€™ve only been once in my entire life. But North Dakota and Alberta donā€™t count, they are a completely different world. Nobody in Tuktoyaktuk has any reason whatsoever to open a soft top roof or even roll down their windows between October and April. Itā€™s not like there are toll booths, McDonalds drive thrus, or drive up ATMs there.

Second: at arctic-level subzero temps blown snow becomes a fine dust that gets through anything without a super tight seal. If that soft top lifted even a little gap during gusts (or if the quarter inch auto up/down for the frameless windows didnā€™t seal just right) then this guyā€™s experience is the exact same thing that happens with McMurdo stationā€™s door seals during condition 1 weather in the Antarctic:

So letā€™s give my man the benefit of the doubt. He probably just paid the price for being desperate enough to change his order to a soft top when he spends time in places like that.

Last edited:

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the OP of this flaming ranting thread would be honest he would also post the video of the guy showing how is soft top is fucked up... But i doubt he will. got to love keyboard crusaders...

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Friends, before you all rip this guy a new one thinking he left something open and is BSā€™ing, please consider a few things:

First: maybe 1 out of every 1000 forum members live in or regularly visit north of the arctic circle. Iā€™ve only been once in my entire life. But North Dakota and Alberta donā€™t count, they are a completely different world. Nobody in Tuktoyaktuk has any reason whatsoever to open a soft top roof or even roll down their windows between October and April. Itā€™s not like there are toll booths, McDonalds drive thrus, or drive up ATMs there.

Second: at arctic-level subzero temps blown snow becomes a fine dust that gets through anything without a super tight seal. If that soft top lifted even a little gap during gusts (or if the quarter inch auto up/down for the frameless windows didnā€™t seal just right) then this guyā€™s experience is the exact same thing that happens with McMurdo stationā€™s door seals during condition 1 weather in the Antarctic:

So letā€™s give my man the benefit of the doubt. He probably just paid the price for being desperate enough to change his order to a soft top when he spends time in places like that.

Ok lets assume this guy is 100% telling the truth.

Why the fuck are you taking a soft top vehicle in subzero artic temperatures? That's asking for trouble if you break down or slide off the road.

Common sense ain't so common though eh?

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No way that is what actually happened. Total BS.
Sponsored