Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am googlin
I think it's only chains and only on the back tires. Does that sound right? I am digging through the forum now.
Not sure what you’re referring to — if you’re leaning on the advice of others in this thread, they claimed the safest bet is to only use chains on the rear tires because of clearance. Pretty sure the owners manual only specifies a few trim/tire combos that support chains, but usually that refers to chains without the “S-class” clearance rating. Here’s Vulcan’s tire chain FAQ about this: https://www.vulcantire.com/chainfaq.htm#A9

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They may not have the three peaks, but I’d be stunned if an MT tire wasn’t at least rated for Mud+Snow like the M+S logo states. To my knowledge, the three peaks are a level of extreme snow rating beyond that, but legally you only need a M+S rating for CA chain controls.

Ask me how I know:
1641615159183.jpeg
How do you know?

Dolphintnks

Badlands
First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did anyone find the right "wire/chain" setup for SAS? Make/Model/Link would be awesome.

livy_cash

Badlands
First Name
Olivia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 dr 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you try these out? This will be my first winter with the Bronco and will be driving from Carson City up the mountain for skiing this season. I’m trying to decide if I need to purchase some to have on hand.
Do you have Les Schwab tire centers in Carson City? When I was in Oregon and Washington, they were my go to. I bough them for my Bronco, never used them, returned them, no issue, but pice of mind having them in hand.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As an Alaskan I find reading about Californians needing chains to be hilarious. Such rules don't even exist here
Chains and studs are illegal in MI. Of course there aren’t many mountains either!

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Chains and studs are illegal in MI. Of course there aren’t many mountains either!
I think studs should be illegal everywhere, exception being HD trucks which are more likely to be hauling big trailers or pushing a plow. I hate studded tires. Absolutely despise them.

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
As an Alaskan I find reading about Californians needing chains to be hilarious. Such rules don't even exist here
Usually people who live in snowy areas won't put chains on down here. It's mostly for people who visit places where it snows like Mammoth Lakes or Lake Tahoe since most of the tourists don't know how to drive in the snow. They also don't know how to drive in the rain if that tells you anything about LA drivers. I am an LA driver, but I've been driving in the snow since college for snowboarding trips to Mammoth and learned in a civic w/ chains. There was also a storm last year where they were stopping people on the 395 in Bishop and checking if all cars were carrying chains (excluding 4x4 drive vehicles as long as they had A/T or all weather tires). I saw them turn people around who didn't have them. 4+ hours of driving then told to turn around so I just keep a set in my Bronco that I don't plan on using other than as proof that I am indeed carrying them.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Usually people who live in snowy areas won't put chains on down here. It's mostly for people who visit places where it snows like Mammoth Lakes or Lake Tahoe since most of the tourists don't know how to drive in the snow. They also don't know how to drive in the rain if that tells you anything about LA drivers. I am an LA driver, but I've been driving in the snow since college for snowboarding trips to Mammoth and learned in a civic w/ chains. There was also a storm last year where they were stopping people on the 395 in Bishop and checking if all cars were carrying chains (excluding 4x4 drive vehicles as long as they had A/T or all weather tires). I saw them turn people around who didn't have them. 4+ hours of driving then told to turn around so I just keep a set in my Bronco that I don't plan on using other than as proof that I am indeed carrying them.
Exactly what I do, carrying chains is like a "hall pass" to get through chain control in case you get the odd CalTrans (or CHP officer) who actually asks and wants proof that you have chains with you. That is a very rare circumstance but it would be a tragedy to drive half way up the mountain with ski lift tickets already purchased and they turn you around for not carrying chains. Here in Southern CA I have heard about such cases, although it has not happened to me (yet)!

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly what I do, carrying chains is like a "hall pass" to get through chain control in case you get the odd CalTrans (or CHP officer) who actually asks and wants proof that you have chains with you. That is a very rare circumstance but it would be a tragedy to drive half way up the mountain with ski lift tickets already purchased and they turn you around for not carrying chains. Here in Southern CA I have heard about such cases, although it has not happened to me (yet)!
Anyone find cheaper chains/cables than these? I only want something to throw in the back but never use. I will get them the correct size if State Patrol gets mean.

https://tirechainsonline.com/part-no-761c-l/

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone find cheaper chains/cables than these? I only want something to throw in the back but never use. I will get them the correct size if State Patrol gets mean.

https://tirechainsonline.com/part-no-761c-l/
Not sure if that would be the lowest price, but I can say that is certainly a fair price, and I notice they offer free shipping on that purchase, so that's a plus.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if that would be the lowest price, but I can say that is certainly a fair price, and I notice they offer free shipping on that purchase, so that's a plus.
I may just do the Les Schwab thing and just return them because I can’t see them being used.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes. I have run chains on my 37's on a Raptor. check out www.vulcantires.com
For the bronco, I am probably going with cables.
I agree with vulcantires.com. The issue with cables & big knobby tires is that the cables are designed to rotate & they often can't with large aggressive tires.
Yep,
Been there before years ago :mad:. Almost got stuck up in Big Bear when they shut the road down. Nothing was getting off the mountain without them. Everyone in town selling chains knew it and priced them accordingly 😏
Needless to say I got chains for my 37's now as I'm going back up there next week.