Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would take no less than $80k(+$24k over MSRP) for my Bronco that has yet to arrive. There simply isn't anything else I want but that would put my wife in a Raptor which is her dream vehicle.
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's quick fad, a couple months and they will be back to selling at MSRP or below. Some people just pay to have it quick, paying because it's a first edition is just dumb. If you plan to hold an FE 50yrs then maybe you'd get back a few extra pesos to cover all some of the extra coin you dropped.

That said selling and making a nice profit is the best financial situation you could choose.
I don't think "Quick fad" describes the situation in an accurate way.

New car shortage.

Used car shortage

Consumers flush with funds

A cool vehicle (Bronco) with a very limited production run

This industry shortage will likley last through 2022. The Bronco shortage, even longer. A person off the street will struggle getting a Bronco before 2023.

Pride, Dignity, and Regret have a price tag. Enjoy it and don't sink to making money off of it.
If I needed or wanted the funds, flipping the Bronco wouldn't even be a hard conversation.

It is a very reasonaable problem, Keep my Bronco, or sell it for profit and put the proceeds into a 529 plan for my daughter's college? If she is young enough, a young family might fund a 4 years education off the profit from one Bronco.

Yeah, maybe we are all crazy. LOL

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just chuckle at the fact that this is one of the very few cars on the market that are "worth" MORE than I paid the second I drive it off the lot. If I needed the money, I'd sell of course, but luckily I don't. And I'd loose all interest if I had to go through this long wait again, I'd just get a Wrangler. But I don't want a Wrangler, so unless someone offers me over $100k I won't even consider selling. And even then...
Defenders are in the same boat. Crazy times.

Psu1ab

First Edition
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You are not crazy. I took delivery of my 4 Door First Edition last Thursday after waiting like the rest of the world for over a year. Before taking delivery the dealer where I purchased it from offered me $25,000 to not take the vehicle. I said no. They finally offered me $30,000 and I kindly declined. It's not about the money to me but owing such an awesome vehicle. I have not driven it but more than 175 miles since taking possesion of it but I can truly tell you or anyone eles that does own one or who is waiting for their's, don't be tempted because the vehicle is truly awesome. The night before I picked mine up I couldn't sleep and I was like a kid the night before Christmas. So you are not crazy.
Ford Bronco So Am I Crazy? bronco

Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now when they start showing up on Bring A Trailer - thatā€™s when weā€™ll be talking real money.
LOL - some craziness there!

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For every person selling one at $20k+ over their cost, there's someone buying it. You might wonder why someone would or wouldn't sell if they had one; I wonder why someone buys one now at this kind of markup (and usually answer myself with "they have to have it NOW, and they have the money to push someone past their give-up price").

Me? I'm in the "want to have it" but "will wait for it since I have a place in a very slow moving line and not enough money to line jump."

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are not crazy. I took delivery of my 4 Door First Edition last Thursday after waiting like the rest of the world for over a year. Before taking delivery the dealer where I purchased it from offered me $25,000 to not take the vehicle. I said no. They finally offered me $30,000 and I kindly declined. It's not about the money to me but owing such an awesome vehicle. I have not driven it but more than 175 miles since taking possesion of it but I can truly tell you or anyone eles that does own one or who is waiting for their's, don't be tempted because the vehicle is truly awesome. The night before I picked mine up I couldn't sleep and I was like a kid the night before Christmas. So you are not crazy.
To offer you $30K, they think they can sell if for $30K + X....which is what? $40-$45-$50k above?

Now we are talking real money. When the price is 2X...my ears perk up.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I figured this would happen when they first introduced the new Broncos. I have been following the new Bronco for years- right up to the unveiling- and even now on this forum. I could not really afford one although I did reserve one the following morning- figuring I could get one- be one of the first ones in the area to have one , try to afford it and if I could not I could not, worst case at least sell it.

So, I like others probably did thought the reservation system would really work- it sounded so good at the time. Deliver them based on reservation order. Wrong. It's too bad an a shame that it all goes back to the dealers and who you know to get one. Or you have to have a LOT of money.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've wanted this thing since I sold my last Bronco (II) eleven years ago. Been excited since Ford announced the return in 2018 and checked obsessively for developments through the first half of 2020. Been on this forum most days for 15 months, checking trackers every day since my July build I am NOT selling, gonna have to buy a burial plot big enough to fit me and my Bronco.

Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, but that's beside the point. Everyone who sees the Bronco is loving it but the first or second question out of their mouth is quite literally, "Dude, why didn't you resell it? You could make a schnike(sp?) ton of money (my wife has asked me that once or twice as well, she just doesn't call me Dude). I chuckle and say, I know, I know. My response is always, "you can make more money but they won't be making anymore 2021 FE Broncos; and I can't take it with me so why not enjoy it while I can."

Every time someone says something like that I peek back into the Auto resellers and think, "geesh am I" giving up $20-30K? Not buyer's remorse, but more like resellers regret.
I feel the same way, but at the end of the day I want the truck more than I want the money. All I would want to do with the money is buy another Bronco and not get it for another 3 years.

Things are all upside down right now. Even if you sell this vehicle in 3 years with 100k miles on it you will get close to what you paid. Just use it, and enjoy it and for the love of God TAKE CARE OF IT!

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My brother has followed the Bronco saga all along, knowing I was waiting on one. He thinks I'm out of my mind not selling my 2DR Lightning Blue FE. He has seen them going for 120K at auction.

Life is too short and it was love at first sight. Literally the only vehicle I've ever owned that I wouldn't give up in a car jacking type event. Over my dead fuggin body, pal.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Frankly I could use the money more than the Bronco at this juncture in my life, and was prepared to do it, but after the emotional investment in the end I couldn't say no. It's still the most perfectly tailored to me vehicle ever made and I can't miss out.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just because you see Broncos listed at $20K to $30K over doesnā€™t mean they are selling. eBay has a boat load of Broncos listed like that. The only ones that I have witnessed actually sell were a few that had actual auctions and not buy now. Most of the auctions have a reserve and folks bid on them knowing they are under the reserve just to say they did. I have watched the listing rather carefully
and the majority are not selling.
Yeah- thereā€™s a Badlands on there now for $115k! Some dealer in VA. I would never buy from that dealership ever for pricing like that. I get the ADM and economy and all that, but thatā€™s just crooked as it gets.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the heads-up.

I ordered a Defender as well. My plan is to take whichever gets here first. Which, as of right now, will be the Defender. If that holds up I was going to cancel my Bronco order. Knowing these scenario is possible I will go grab my Bronco as well, see if they drop the same offer. If yes I'll take the $ if no I will tell them I am out.
Sponsored