Sponsored

So I had the 1” Zone lift and new wheels installed yesterday. Tell me y’all’s opinions on the shops work.

kr_1315

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Tundra, Explorer, IS500, '23 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco So I had the 1” Zone lift and new wheels installed yesterday. Tell me y’all’s opinions on the shops work. Ball joint tool

This is the correct tool. Less than $50 online.
Once again, the reason I only do it myself.
Sponsored

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s true that sometimes you have to
“persuade” the ball joint studs out of the knuckle with some well placed blows, but beating on the control arm doesn’t do anything to get them apart. You need to place a big hammer on one side of the knuckle where the ball joint stud goes through and hit the other side with another hammer. Usually one or two hits does the job, without any damage to anything. Those tapered studs will seize pretty tight.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You might want to start looking for a lawyer just to be proactive. I don't see this ending well. BTW, you are entitled to everything you have requested.
Should the be unwilling to pay for all nes parts and labor....

No need for the time, expense and complexity of a lawyer. Use the Small Claims Court, fast and easy to file and navigate.

Best of luck.

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve had unprofessional work done in the past from off road accessories places but nothing like that .I wouldn’t mess around , straight to a ford dealer if that’s available to you and would pay out of pocket for a estimate to repair with factory parts ,Show that wreck of a place that did install the full bill , if they refuse I’d tell them you’ll be adding a rental car bill and time lost driving it etc in the small claims court if you don’t cut a cheque

Sponsored

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did a trail fix recently using an "adjustable hammer" and I'll tell you, I freaking whaled on the cast iron knuckle to remove a broken tie-rod and made few if any superficial marks. This shop presumably had full access to actual tools and decided to carve marble by hitting your uppers and lowers like Neanderthals.

They had the right tools, clearly, they just don't know what they're doing. The obnoxious thing is, you don't have to hit the cast that hard, but sure as heck if you want to transfer that same energy through the pressed ball joint via the UCA/LCA, then yeah, you're gonna need to hit it about as hard as it appears they did. Somehow they knew not to directly hammer on the ball joint itself, or maybe they did?

Unless the CV boot is torn from them manhandling it, and/or the ball joints themselves don't look beat on, I'd make them cut a check for new parts and a full refund on their labor, and then I'd pocket that for my next project, but thats me. You're 100% in the clear to push them to make this right.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Called them this morning about it and manager acted like I was being a prick about it. Sent him pictures and he bought two new wheels but acted like I needed to split the cost

Ford Bronco So I had the 1” Zone lift and new wheels installed yesterday. Tell me y’all’s opinions on the shops work. Ball joint tool

wtf dude
answers for why dont matter get compensated and move on with your f-ing sweet bronco
i off road often and sh!t happens i just smile at the battle scars and re tell the story with proof lol

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the correct tool. Less than $50 online.
Once again, the reason I only do it myself.
Be careful with these, they can tear boots.

samjack

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Mini Cooper, Bronco Sport, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's some bad work for sure. Did you buy the lift and wheels from this shop or bring your own parts?

kr_1315

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Tundra, Explorer, IS500, '23 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Be careful with these, they can tear boots.
True. If used incorrectly, it can tear the boot. This is the tool the Ford manual recommends for the job.
Ford Bronco So I had the 1” Zone lift and new wheels installed yesterday. Tell me y’all’s opinions on the shops work. IMG_4967
Sponsored