The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
You'd get a loaner & would have your B back within a reasonable amount of time 🤷‍♀️ First world problems.
As long as they fix it right. What happens if the debris shot into the Turbos and they don't replace them. And then down the road they crap out? This isn't an easy fix like you may think. A lot of things can snow ball down hill with Turbo engines if not repaired properly.
Sponsored

Missy_Fussy

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did you forget you already have one built and a ship date according to your profile?? Or are you just Trolling me. That was a rhetorical question. I already know the answer!! 🙄
yes, I am picking up my Bronco this Friday... but wouldn't mind having another one. My hubby wants a 2 dr.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
yes, I am picking up my Bronco this Friday... but wouldn't mind having another one. My hubby wants a 2 dr.
Well you can't have my 2 door. He'll the way things are going Ford may never give me my 2 door!!

Drew5150

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 International Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First off thank you for informing us, and can't wait to see how it turns out. I appreciate the info. We had a 2019 Volkswagen Atlas that was at the dealer for a total on 100+ days. Because of the timing it didn't meet the Lemon Law standards. I think if that Bronco sits at the dealership for a total of 60 days it would qualify for the Lemon Law. We ended up doing a cross country's road trip with the dealers car while are car was being worked on. I think we put almost 7000 miles on their car. Take advantage of a bad situation. Oh on the atlas we contacted a Lemon Law Attorney and we ended up getting $4,750.00 after attorney fees. It didn't meet the Standards but they still gave us money.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok. I'm sorry but it's one 2.7 after another failing. This is getting to be waaay more concerning as the weeks go on.

I'm getting to the point where I'm either going to change my order to the 2.3L or switch to a Jeep.....

You're going to get a lot of crap from all the Bronco fan boys They get their panties in a knot if you mentioned something bad about the Bronco or about buying a Jeep.

There have been at least a dozen 2.7 engines on our small forum alone that have dropped a valve. Rumor was that a Ford insider saw 30 engines on back order at one point.

I would never even consider a 2.3 in my four-door Sasquatch. Ironically, A jeep is my backup plan as well, unfortunately I'll be stuck with the 2.0 in it due to jeeps options (aka I don't want eTorque).

I have a JkU Rubicon right now And absolutely love it. Drives like a dream. None of the " it's a jeep thing" issues. But in the end, financially, nothing can touch a Bronco with its features. Even if I load up a Wrangler with most of the options, it is still missing features that the Bronco has. In addition, Jeeps answer to Sasquatch is a total joke. It's only allowed on one trim and 2 engine choices. So by the time you go aftermarket lift and 35s you definitely have exceeded the price of a Bronco.

Anyway, back on point, I'm worried about the 2.7 as well. I'm not driving all the way to Grainger, but I'm not getting mine from a local dealer and so I have to drive it home. I mean for God's sake, look at the pickup check list that has developed of all the things we have to check because Ford sucks ass.

Even with all of these issues, and believe me I've lost sleep at night over this, My plan is to sell my current vehicles, get my Bronco with the 2.7 eventually, and it's something goes wrong with all these Bronco Gremlins, I'll decide then to keep it or not.

The good news is, you should be able to sell it and at least come out even if not actually make money. That'll turn around and order my option 2...a Rubicon with its well made MIC, it's rear console vents, its better plaved front camera, and all the roof rack and winch bumpers you can find :)

sotto1979

Outer Banks
First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OB , Bronco Sport OB,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have personally owned the 2.7L in numerous vehicles and believe it is a great engine. I am also a Ford Tech. I have had the 2.7L in a F-150, Edge ST, and now my Bronco. I can definitely tell you that we see more issues with more 2.3’s then 2.7’s. I would feel way more comfortable with the 2.7L

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

7,000+ miles and no problem at all so far. Went easy on it for the first 1,000 miles, changed the oil with Amsoil at the 1,000 mile mark and changed the oil again at 5,000 miles. Will be changing oil every 5,000 miles. I would be heartbroken if the 2.7 died on me but I can't live my life worrying about it otherwise I won't be able to enjoy it. Hope you get your bronco whether it be 2.3 or 2.7 and I am sure you will enjoy either one. (y)

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry, not going to lose my shit over anecdotal evidence.

fishahkat

Outer Banks
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger, 2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m at 5,000 miles on my 2.7 and haven’t had any issues. Statistically speaking, the number of reported failures isn’t significant and should not be cause to worry… probably right up there with getting a magnetic arm after your vaccine.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The irony .. I owned a 2016 RS (2.3) and some of them blew their head gaskets. It was discovered that Ford of Germany (yes the RS was built in Germany) was given the wrong head gasket which blocked the flow of coolant to the heads. My engine never blew up BUT was recalled to replace the head gasket just in case there was an issue.

HotRodLA

Wildtrak
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Super Duty, 2018 Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A Troll??? Yeah ok. Should I post my order? I'm pissed about this situation and impatient. I am definitely not a Troll. Is anyone objective on here or just hard-core fan boys? 🤔
I can only imagine how disappointing your situation has been. I've been waiting somewhat impatiently for my bronco since last July and hope I will get it soon. Hang in there and hopefully you'll get a resolution soon!

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Until you know what the actual numbers are, this is all just emotional. Everything hss risk. Find me a current production vehicle with zero issues. Toyota can't manage it either. Relax a little until you have a reason.

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Says the tough guy with the 2.3 Bronco. I guess you can talk shit because you have nothing to worry about. And what's wrong with the 392? It's 500hp and I averaged 21 mpg on the highway driving easy and 17mpg ripping around. And it was bullet proof. Only major issue I've ever heard anyone having with the 392 was when people went and Super Charged them.
Bulletproof? Lol. 392 internals are so weak, they can't even handle boost. The 3.6 Pentastar is way more stout than the 6.4. I ran 13psi of boost in my Wrangler for 4 years, making more power and torque than the 392.

Nothing bulletproof about a 6.4. Your obviously not mechanically inclined.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.