WildMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The unit will arrive end of week beginning of next. Got a call from dealer who stated: " You have accessories ordered do you want to put them on or do you want us to put them on - If we put them on it will cost you about three hours labor - or else we can just leave them in the back "

WTF - ?

Since when do you have "to pay" to attach items you purchase with a new vehicle....????

It's the Center console safe and fold down table on the back door ... - WOW 🙄🙄🙄

You new Bronco is here - do you want us to put the engine in or leave it for you to do ... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

GO_SOONERS_TXSUX!

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The unit will arrive end of week beginning of next. Got a call from dealer who stated: " You have accessories ordered do you want to put them on or do you want us to put them on - If we put them on it will cost you about three hours labor - or else we can just leave them in the back "

WTF - ?

Since when do you have "to pay" to attach items you purchase with a new vehicle....????

You new Bronco is here - do you want us to put the engine in or leave it for you to do ... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Bastards!

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn, really?

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

WTF - ?

Did you think they were going to install Dealer Installed Accessories for free?

Sponsored

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would you rather them install the items without your consent and bill you?
It sounds to me that you have a very reasonable dealer.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The console safe if you have a wrench I’m confident anyone can tackle in a half hour. It unfolds and bolts tight. The tailgate table if you are competent with a drill and can be careful can also be done. Just make sure to use a drill stop tape or a short bit. The nutserts can be tricky to put in. You can tap the outside if the gate if not careful or the bit draws itself in too fast.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We haven’t bought many new cars but I’ve always been charged for the installation of accessories. My dealer quoted me $699 for some pod lights so I bought them on the Ford Performance site for $324 and I will do the 30-60 minute install myself.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

WTF - ?

You prob don’t want them installing the back door fold down table I’ve seen people post there dealers drilled to deep making a hole in the back swing door

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WTF - ?

Since always? Do you often expect work to be done for free?

IceSoldier88

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The way I see it is you ordered your bronco with those parts. If ford chooses that the dealer will install those parts. Then that’s between ford and the dealer. I should not be charged. I also had a couple things on my order. Will see next week what my dealer says when it comes in.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you think they were going to install Dealer Installed Accessories for free?
Accesories are not factory installed. Therefore the dealer has to pay a technician to install them.
Would you rather them install the items without your consent and bill you?
It sounds to me that you have a very reasonable dealer.
We haven’t bought many new cars but I’ve always been charged for the installation of accessories. My dealer quoted me $699 for some pod lights so I bought them on the Ford Performance site for $324 and I will do the 30-60 minute install myself.
Are they dealer installed accessories though? Why should they install your accessories for free?
Since always? Do you often expect work to be done for free?
Since Ford made an explicit statement to install all accessories bought with the vehicle at time of purchase on their dime (reimbursing dealers), I think the answer to all of the above it essentially the same; "It is expected since Ford wrote that they would pay for the installation."

It was never posted that the program was cancelled for 2022 or perhaps Ford just lied about it, but it is completely reasonable to expect that they included all Bronco specific accessories since they make a big deal about it covering all '200' accessories and it being a new program.

A shame you didn't all educate yourself on Ford's listed programs before trying to dunk on a guy who did. It sorta backfired on you, I guess... The DIO program (second one listed) is the one that went forward and the one the dealers were supposed to use for accessories, if they were going to charge him for installation because they chose not to participate, the dealer should have made it clear in writing.

see below;

It looks like it can now can be confirmed that Ford will allow us to build our Bronco's in the B&P along with selecting any factory accessories we want and they will be included on the Invoice/MSRP/Window Sticker totals without any additional dealer installation charges.

Ford has said there will be 200 Accessories available for the Bronco. Until now there has been little information about these other than the few that have been shown on the demo models. Less information has been known how we will purchase these for our Broncos, there have been two versions discussed on the forum:
  1. We would purchase them directly from the dealer with the costs and installation labor listed on a supplemental pricing addendum.
  2. We would select them when we build our Bronco on the Build & Price (B&P) website.
It looks like we now have confirmation that approach number 2 is correct. This is a new program Ford is implementing for 2021, it is called DIO - "Dealer Installed Options" (Accessories).

These Factory Ordered Accessories are technically Options, IF you order them when you build your Bronco on the Build & Price (B&P) website. The reason why this is so important is all of your selected Accessories will then be included in your Invoice and MSRP totals and listed on your Window Sticker. There will be no additional Dealer Installation charges for these Accessories as Ford will credit the dealer a pre-determined "Labor Credit" listed in the bottom image.

For X-Plan customers, this is even more important as it would mean that your Factory X-Plan discount printout will show all of your DIO - "Dealer Installed Options" (Accessories) and how they are calculated into your X-Plan discount pricing. Again, there will be no additional Dealer Installation charges for these Accessories. Previous X-Plan rules gave the dealers some latitude to not give you a discount on accessories and installation.

If you are thinking about purchasing your accessories directly from your Dealer, understand it is better to make sure they are part of your factory order, otherwise you will have to pay the dealer for the installation.

To help avoid this being an issue, make sure you complete your Bronco build through the B&P website, pre-selecting your accessories before saving or seeing your salesperson. Then make sure your salesperson correctly sets up your order and you verify that all your accessories are on the factory order. This will avoid surprises when your Bronco comes in and the salesperson says, remember that accessory you ordered, well it has a higher cost and you have to pay for installation because it was not on the factory order.

The benefit of the program is for those that want to roll the accessories into their financing or do not want to install the accessory themselves. Some accessories like splash guards or a roof basket can easily be a DIY install, others, like a performance tune, have to be done by the dealer to keep your Bronco under warranty.*

Examples:
You order splash guards on the B&P, they will be on the window sticker and Ford pays the dealer to install them. If you decide to add them after your order is processed, you will pay the Dealer directly for them along with the dealers labor rate for installation, which could be $100 to $150 per hour instead of the pre-determined "Labor Credit" Ford will reimburse the dealer for.

When you consider the difference between the two, consider the price you will be paying. As an example, purchased as an accessory, splash guards for the Explorer are $160. Buy them at MSRP through parts department they are only $100. You can see the additional $60 is the amount Ford will pay the dealer to do the installation.*

A big unknown, the rumored factory 2" lift kit, if it is even true, it may or may not have factory paid labor for the installation. This could mean you will end up paying the dealers labor rate for installation, but the good news is it would be covered by the factory warranty.

Ford's current accessories website can give you an idea of some accessories and pricing, for example, look up either the Ranger or F-150.*
Ford Accessories website

DIO - "Dealer Installed Options" (Accessories) Examples:
  • Rooftop Crossbars, Cargo Basket and Roof Light Bar
  • Cowl Lights
  • Winch Bumper Mount & Winch
  • 4-door pull-out Tailgate

FAQ's (see photos for more details):

What is DIO?

• This a new 2021 Ford Dealer Program to provide more orderable content and provide increased Dealer support.
  • These are accessories that are ordered with the vehicle and installed at the Dealership before the customer takes delivery of the vehicle. These accessories / parts are listed on the Window Sticker.

How do the Dealers get the Accessories?
  • Dealers must sign up with one of the eight Ford Accessory Distributors (FAD).
  • The Accessories or Dealer Channel Parts, will ship from the Ford Accessory Distributors (FAD) to the Dealer as one package for a specific VIN.

How does DIO work?
  • DIO Options will be fulfilled with Dealer Channel Parts
  • Most DIO content is installed in 1 hour or less
  • Wheels are currently not part of the program
  • DIO Pricing is the equivalent of the Dealer Channel MSPR, plus installation

Will I have to pay Installation charges for my Accessories?
  • The dealer performs the installation of the Accessories
  • Ford will pay the Dealer for the Installation (if you ordered them on your factory order).

Documents / bulletins on the DIO program:

1601552711395.png

2021 Ford Bronco DIO Program 1.jpg

2021 DIO Process B6g.png

2021 Ford Bronco DIO List.jpg

Warranty Information
warranty-png.png

(*above items updated with information provided by member responses)

1-28-2021 Update by @Natai who found the first dealer ad about DIO:

126134_10226015664967856_4951923232131465219_n-jpg.jpg

T.S.

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
moped
Your Bronco Model
Badlands