Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The tailgate table if you are competent with a drill and can be careful can also be done. Just make sure to use a drill stop tape or a short bit. The nutserts can be tricky to put in. You can tap the outside if the gate if not careful or the bit draws itself in too fast.
You prob don’t want them installing the back door fold down table I’ve seen people post there dealers drilled to deep making a hole in the back swing door
The OP is better off installing the tailgate table so it can be done correctly.
When you buy the tailgate table, it comes with the drill bit and a collar with a set screw so you do not drill too deep and hit the outside skin of the tailgate. The knuckleheads at the dealerships either are not reading the instructions or do not care.
Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Since Ford made an explicit statement to install all accessories bought with the vehicle at time of purchase on their dime (reimbursing dealers), I think the answer to all of the above it essentially the same; "It is expected since Ford wrote that they would pay for the installation."

It was never posted that the program was cancelled for 2022 or perhaps Ford just lied about it, but it is completely reasonable to expect that they included all Bronco specific accessories since they make a big deal about it covering all '200' accessories and it being a new program.

A shame you didn't all educate yourself on Ford's listed programs before trying to dunk on a guy who did. It sorta backfired on you, I guess... The DIO program (second one listed) is the one that went forward and the one the dealers were supposed to use for accessories, if they were going to charge him for installation because they chose not to participate, the dealer should have made it clear in writing.

see below;
What did your dealer say when you presented them with this information?

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Since Ford made an explicit statement to install all accessories bought with the vehicle at time of purchase on their dime (reimbursing dealers), I think the answer to all of the above it essentially the same; "It is expected since Ford wrote that they would pay for the installation."

It was never posted that the program was cancelled for 2022 or perhaps Ford just lied about it, but it is completely reasonable to expect that they included all Bronco specific accessories since they make a big deal about it covering all '200' accessories and it being a new program.

A shame you didn't all educate yourself on Ford's listed programs before trying to dunk on a guy who did. It sorta backfired on you, I guess... The DIO program (second one listed) is the one that went forward and the one the dealers were supposed to use for accessories, if they were going to charge him for installation because they chose not to participate, the dealer should have made it clear in writing.

see below;
Why would I educate myself on a program I never knew existed? I would never thought “Dealer installed items” would be installed free.

And for the record I wasn’t dunking on anyone.

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are limits to the program though and it is summed up to include accessories that are ordered through WBDO at the time of Bronco ordering and those that show up on the window sticker.

Not sure if OP's accessories fall into those categories or not.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why would I educate myself on a program I never knew existed? I would never think “Dealer installed items” would be installed free.
Yep, I didn't know either, but the key is they have to be ordered when you place the order for your vehicle. Installing a few accessories N/C is nice, but I'd rather install many of them myself, so I know it's done correctly. We all are less trusting of Ford's promises than we were two years ago, lol.

I'd be much happier if Ford could manage to provide me with a VIN and build date for my 7/20/20 reservation sometime soon without having to drop such "accessories" such as the MIC top from my build.

Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

see below;
Whelp - ya got me. I missed that statement from Ford. As part of making a compelling argument, It'd be nice to include your evidence in the initial post. Did you present this to your dealer as well?Did you contact Ford before coming here? Curious what their response was. Not saying that my ignorance is at all a good excuse. You've got a very valid argument with the dealer and Ford.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The unit will arrive end of week beginning of next. Got a call from dealer who stated: " You have accessories ordered do you want to put them on or do you want us to put them on - If we put them on it will cost you about three hours labor - or else we can just leave them in the back "

WTF - ?

Since when do you have "to pay" to attach items you purchase with a new vehicle....????

It's the Center console safe and fold down table on the back door ... - WOW 🙄🙄🙄

You new Bronco is here - do you want us to put the engine in or leave it for you to do ... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Did you order through the dealer? If yes, they should have discussed installation on the front end but pretty much since the beginning of time any accessories like that would require labor for install and the dealer will charge you.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The unit will arrive end of week beginning of next. Got a call from dealer who stated: " You have accessories ordered do you want to put them on or do you want us to put them on - If we put them on it will cost you about three hours labor - or else we can just leave them in the back "

WTF - ?

Since when do you have "to pay" to attach items you purchase with a new vehicle....????

You new Bronco is here - do you want us to put the engine in or leave it for you to do ... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Take this with you:

OCD Link: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...cd-version-for-expectant-bronco-owners.29870/

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In defense of the OP, when one selects the added accessories from the B&P page it does NOT state items are dealer installed and a fee is required. It does say dealer install is an additional cost on the Bronco accessories page.

Kamikazi_bronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had ordered a tailgate table when i ordered my truck. When i went to pick up my Bronco, the table has just arrived, they took it to service center, took an hour to install came back handed me the keys and said enjoy your bronco. NO BS on installation charges or anything.

Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Read he fine print states it right in there that they can charge you for installed parts.

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

WTF - ?

It is called "Dealer Installed Options" of course you have to pay for it. If you order through the Ford Accessories website there is even a checkbox that adds installation.

lr48

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1200
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

WTF - ?

Check the price on your folding table. You can buy it off the Ford accessory site for $209.00 and install it your self or note that if you bought it as a part of your build it's $309.00 which means Ford is reimbursing the dealer to install it.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

WTF - ?

If they are dealer installed items you have to pay the dealership to have them installed.
Ford even makes a point of this in the back door tracker. See below

"Your accessory selections will not be included in the Dealer Selling Price and you will need to confirm your selections at time of purchase."
Sponsored