So my Bronco is due in ...

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The unit will arrive end of week beginning of next. Got a call from dealer who stated: " You have accessories ordered do you want to put them on or do you want us to put them on - If we put them on it will cost you about three hours labor - or else we can just leave them in the back "

WTF - ?

Since when do you have "to pay" to attach items you purchase with a new vehicle....????

It's the Center console safe and fold down table on the back door ... - WOW 🙄🙄🙄

You new Bronco is here - do you want us to put the engine in or leave it for you to do ... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That's typical. They are accessories. You have a new Bronco. Be happy. The fold down table is a pain to install. Center console safe is also probably a pain. If you are handy, then do it yourself, but this is normal for any car dealer.
Sponsored

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The unit will arrive end of week beginning of next. Got a call from dealer who stated: " You have accessories ordered do you want to put them on or do you want us to put them on - If we put them on it will cost you about three hours labor - or else we can just leave them in the back "

WTF - ?

Since when do you have "to pay" to attach items you purchase with a new vehicle....????

You new Bronco is here - do you want us to put the engine in or leave it for you to do ... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
TL;DR but I would assume that a dealer installed accessory ordered from the manufacturer at the time of the vehicle order includes the labor to install the accessory.

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

WTF - ?

my bronco arrived today. Will pick up Friday. They wanted $600 to put on accesories. No thank you

codylhutson27

Wildtrak
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

WTF - ?

What exactly are you upset about? You can install them on your own time if you choose not to pay for it. The accessories are not factory installed options, just like an aftermarket part. This is how all of this works lol dealers come by criticism honestly, but this is pretty misguided. My recommendation is to get a six pack, get the instruction manual and make a day out of getting familiar with your bronco and do it yourself. If that doesn’t sound appealing, you gotta pay someone to install them.

Sponsored

Jubear

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

WTF - ?

Sounds like a good Saturday afternoon getting your hands dirty. Working on Your truck and making it truly yours. Forget paying them to do it.

Saw4Fire

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

WTF - ?

The Ford accessories website has ALWAYS listed two prices: One for you to attach and one for the dealer to do.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would you like a side order of ADM with that?

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would you rather them install the items without your consent and bill you?
It sounds to me that you have a very reasonable dealer.
I agree, the dealer was very considerate , many would have taken advantage and over billed you for install and held the bronco hoping you would not buy it. You should be giving this dealer a thank you. Accessories are add ons you purchase. therefore you typically install unless they state dealer installed.

Manitunc

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Expedition el xlt
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t know what kind of dealers you guys have but all my dealer installed accessories that I ordered along with my bronco were installed by the dealer at no additional cost. And my dealer sold me my bronco at MSRP.

Okinawajoe

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, 2013 Focus ST, 2004 F-250 4x4 diese
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you think they were going to install Dealer Installed Accessories for free?
Exactly, not today baby, they are trying to make every dime they can. The days of freebies and courtesy long gone.....
Sponsored