Sponsored

So... We ordering our Bronco's in a few weeks?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope you're correct...but I don't see it.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ford screw up one item. They should have never leaked anything about the bronco until it was 100% ready.
It wasn't even Ford that leaked it initially. It was the UAW spokesman when they brought the Ranger back to the States.

I get a kick out of the "I fail to understand...." comments. If it weren't for the ill fated UAW leak, there would be nothing for you to fail on.
There's so much complexity involved in a new vehicle launch, so much is still not nailed down, Ford would have to have a comms guy for every team just to keep you up to date on every change and explain to you WHY they had to make the change.
No thanks. Easier to ignore you until it is ready.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You really should say you have no reason to have much confidence in Ford

I understand that to a point but I also look at the other positives Ford has done...

Like I said everyone needs to make their own decisions on what they are willing to concede in buying a vehicle

It’s not ever going to be perfect fuck nothing is...

Good luck
My statement is towards Ford. I assumed it is evident as we are on a Bronco6g forum discussing a vehicle manufactured by Ford. Now please tell me more about these positives you speak of ?

CinciGP

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`72 Jeep CJ6, `04 Jeep Rubicon, '18 Jeep JLU sport, `09 Mercedes CLK550
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

One of the big concerns i have is the soft top. Bestop has decades of experience in designing them for jeeps. Have come a long way from the days of the CJs. But even in the JL they still are having issues. Things like side windows blowing out. Side and back windows no longer can be rolled up, so harder to store.

From what i have seen, Ford is not using bestop. A soft top that is a poor design or hard to take on and off could be a reason why i would not proceed with my order.

Sponsored

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford says the Order books open up in December...
Personally, I think it'll be delayed. I mean, B&P is still a hot mess 2 weeks after going live. Canadian site accessories options all blank still... No "late availability" options listed...
Ford just isn't ready for this...
And not to be pessimistic, but I'm fully prepared to wait a full YEAR from now to take delivery.
I think you're right.
using Mike Tysons quote "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"
Covid punched them in the mouth and Ford has been reeling ever since

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the big concerns i have is the soft top. Bestop has decades of experience in designing them for jeeps. Have come a long way from the days of the CJs. But even in the JL they still are having issues. Things like side windows blowing out. Side and back windows no longer can be rolled up, so harder to store.

From what i have seen, Ford is not using bestop. A soft top that is a poor design or hard to take on and off could be a reason why i would not proceed with my order.
Webasto is making the soft tops. I know nothing about them, other than that they are the "worldwide market leaders in roof systems and convertible tops". I'm hopeing that experience let them desing something better than what Jeep has been fumbling around with for decades, with still not having a great product.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fair...
but how does the removal of doors and tops make or break you from deciding on ordering...

I know there are YouTube videos out on the removal of the doors on the bronco...
Manufacturers test MPG and the EPA confirms, we don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors. They have estimates already, they’ll likely be very close if not dead on.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ca...37/2021-ford-bronco-how-to-remove-doors-roof/

They’re likely still finalizing the system for sync 4, nothing is finalized until it ships so I’m not surprised they haven’t put anything out.
Let me rephrase/clarify. Those are all valid questions that should be answered before ordering by Ford directly, not a B6G leak or YouTube video. Why? Because... That's how it works when you sell something. Showcase how everything works and give specific info/specs.

I personally don't need OP's questions answered. But that doesn't mean I don't have my own questions that haven't been addressed by Ford I want answered before ordering.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would be fine with that personally. I’ll get mine faster.

Part of pre ordering a vehicle sight unseen is you’re going to have a few unknowns. If those unknowns are going to cause you to cancel your order then go right ahead. For me personally, what I know is enough to get my ass in the drivers seat, and the unknowns I’ll either work out in the aftermarket, deal with, or will be dealt with by Ford before production starts. For me personally, I love the interior look, the V6/10 speed/ Sasquatch is an amazing combo on paper, and I’m not gonna nitpick the small stuff because being the first person on the block with a Bronco will be worth it.

Sponsored

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Add
- What are the specs on Badlands and Sasquatch suspensions and lifts?

- Does Big Bend Signature light option include LED tail lights? If not, is this option available?

- Does Sasquatch package include Dana 210 front axel?
saquatch includes dana 210 front axle

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
saquatch includes dana 210 front axle
Ok, Where have you seen this? Please be specific and not point to some vague language.

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be fine with that personally. I’ll get mine faster.

Part of pre ordering a vehicle sight unseen is you’re going to have a few unknowns. If those unknowns are going to cause you to cancel your order then go right ahead. For me personally, what I know is enough to get my ass in the drivers seat, and the unknowns I’ll either work out in the aftermarket, deal with, or will be dealt with by Ford before production starts. For me personally, I love the interior look, the V6/10 speed/ Sasquatch is an amazing combo on paper, and I’m not gonna nitpick the small stuff because being the first person on the block with a Bronco will be worth it.
Nick, I'm with you on this. How the top works, MPG, tow rating, transmission, suspension, etc... just not worth worrying about. Part of the enjoyment will be to figure it out on my own, play with the switches, options, and what not. The mechanical is covered by warrantee. As for MPG, I'm comparing to the Ranger, either way it'll be better than my Tundra and that my daily with a 60 mile commute RT.

I've said this in a separate thead... If and that's a BIG IF the bronco really turns out to be a pig... then 1. I can always sell OR 2. I can choose not to buy when it's time to finalize the purchase.

Datoad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Jeep LJ Rubicon, 17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford says the Order books open up in December...
Personally, I think it'll be delayed. I mean, B&P is still a hot mess 2 weeks after going live. Canadian site accessories options all blank still... No "late availability" options listed...
Ford just isn't ready for this...
And not to be pessimistic, but I'm fully prepared to wait a full YEAR from now to take delivery.
Why would anyone want to place their order before the end of January?
As long Ford says you will get in line according to your date/time stamp why would you not wait until more of the issues are ironed out?
Sponsored