First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford should offer a dual top option with the soft top available at delivery and the modular hardtop shipped when available. If they could give me a projected date for the white modular top. I would be sold. The white top option is the biggest issue holding me back from ordering in December.
If ford did this, they would be stuck with the shipping cost and logistics. It is easier for scheduling and cheaper to send everything with the produced vehicle. They are in business to make money, they are not going to please everyone. It is a terrible time to be coming out with an all new vehicle. Patience and understanding is needed. If you needed a vehicle right now you wouldn’t be looking at the bronco.
Sponsored

emerald86

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, 21 Badlands Bronco, 23 Braptor INBOUND
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be great if the let Wildtrak and FE choose soft top though until painted tops are available!

I don't think any one wants two hard tops and don't want to wait for their Bronco to come late with the painted either, but still wouldn't mind buying the soft up front.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we have photos of the black Modular top yet?
Options currently are..
Grey MIC top
Black Soft top
Coloured top -same as paint
Black modular. - my first choice

Are all of these options for 2door as well? 2door comes standard with hardtop, but would assume there’s a softy for it as well
Current options are:

4-door: MIC or soft top
2-door: MIC

That's it.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We don't have any hard evidence that the wiring is included. Until then, going soft top with the hopes of switching to hard top in the future is very risky.

Could be a $4000-5000 mistake.

OP
OP
Iceman153

Iceman153

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We don't have any hard evidence that the wiring is included. Until then, going soft top with the hopes of switching to hard top in the future is very risky.

Could be a $4000-5000 mistake.
We kind of do actually :

you can see the hookups there, I mean it's possible it's pre-production, or maybe this is the hard top spec and they put a soft top on it. But It doesn't look like a frankenbronco, i have a feeling this is what you'll get if you go soft top. we can't be 100% sure until they start getting delivered of course.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do we have photos of the black Modular top yet?
Options currently are..
Grey MIC top
Black Soft top
Coloured top -same as paint
Black modular. - my first choice

Are all of these options for 2door as well? 2door comes standard with hardtop, but would assume there’s a softy for it as well
Ford Bronco Soft Top Now, Modular Later! modto

Sjbiss

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
its $1895 as an option, but should be closer to 4K if bought from the parts counter as the option has the price of the soft top baked into that $1895, and theres shipping/handling, possibly markup too. Maybe it'll be a bit less than 4k, it's just a ballpark, we can't really know for sure yet. Even at 4K it's worth it given you end up with both a soft and hard top.

As ford has done nothing but disappoint since the debut, I'm kind of expecting the soft top bronco to arrive and be missing the hookups, or have some other gotcha we haven't thought of.
I hope it isn’t $4k, you can get a Jeep 4D Mopar top for $2500 shipped to your house.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We kind of do actually :

you can see the hookups there, I mean it's possible it's pre-production, or maybe this is the hard top spec and they put a soft top on it. But It doesn't look like a frankenbronco, i have a feeling this is what you'll get if you go soft top. we can't be 100% sure until they start getting delivered of course.
I'm not banking on this. Would be nice of Ford to let us know formally. I highly doubt they will though.

Sponsored

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going with the soft top. And when the modular comes available....I'll still stay with my soft top! :cool:;)

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same - soft top now and add MIC top later. Once the modular's come out I'd expect a fair number of MIC's to hit Craigslist.
The mics are still a $2k top. People are going to want $1k. The $695 upgrade from ford is a deal for the mic. In saying that though as long as $1700 is less than fords late availability 2 top (mic/soft) option you will still be ahead and get your bronco as a job 1.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The mics are still a $2k top. People are going to want $1k. The $695 upgrade from ford is a deal for the mic. In saying that though as long as $1700 is less than fords late availability 2 top (mic/soft) option you will still be ahead and get your bronco as a job 1.
They may want $1k, but with people shedding them like crazy, they won’t get it. They’ll be $500 or so all over after a year. Look at the flooded market with Jeep MICs and how low they go.
Sponsored