First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s amazing how little paint they use on a brand new vehicle wtf does the paint look thin or thick to you thin paint is no good
Yeah, not sure any amount of paint would stop that bracket from scraping down to the metal, unfortunately. But, yeah, thin paint jobs suck, especially wherever rocks hit.
Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey there! Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and some more details on your Bronco's soft top issue? We would like to look into this on our end.
@Ford Motor Company Very glad to see this request. I hope your query leads to real fixes (see this ENTIRE thread for the MULTIPLE paint rub points) before my vehicle gets delivered in, what, 2028? 🤨 Many of us were forced into the soft top option by the hard top fiasco. Now this.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh that is a good idea. Much cheaper than PPF too.
Do both (felt or similar) and PPF. Though instead of a small strip of felt tape, I'd be inclined to cut a larger piece so that it looks like it was meant to be a part of the top and apply spray adhesive on the back.

It seems like there's probably a way to open and close the top without this happening, but people shouldn't have to think about being extra careful just opening and closing. I'm a little surprised this didn't show up in the test mules, demo units, press vehicles, etc.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do both (felt or similar) and PPF. Though instead of a small strip of felt tape, I'd be inclined to cut a larger piece so that it looks like it was meant to be a part of the top and apply spray adhesive on the back.

It seems like there's probably a way to open and close the top without this happening, but people shouldn't have to think about being extra careful just opening and closing. I'm a little surprised this didn't show up in the test mules, demo units, press vehicles, etc.
Now that I think of it, 2 inch pile Velcro (the soft fuzzy side) would work well. It's available in many colors. Another option might be stick on teflon furniture slide pads.

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone tried out anything to stop this from rubbing the paint off yet?

Sponsored

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

why do we have to do anything? They can’t just make the top correctly? I know I know I’m bad for asking it to be done right the first time🙈..sh**

Last edited:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Way do we have to do anything? They can’t just make the top correctly? I know I know I’m bad for asking it to be done right the first time🙈..sh**
No, I agree 100% that it should be allowed to happen in the first place, but I'd want to do something to prevent damage, as I the cynic in me can hear the corporate response: "User error. User should take more care raising and lowering the top."

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am going to put some clear 3m paint protection film in the area of rub. Hopefully that will help

MISSJD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Cabrio
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The mannequin at my local dealer had these exact same chips in the paint.
The demos I saw a few months back had them, and the mannequin my local deal just got that I test drove had them. All super noticeable and pretty deep scratches. The reps at the preview all said it was due to user error and people not knowing how to properly raise and lower the top.....yeah because it's that difficult. Hopefully it will be fixed!

jwvice

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Platinum F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

@Ford Motor Company Very glad to see this request. I hope your query leads to real fixes (see this ENTIRE thread for the MULTIPLE paint rub points) before my vehicle gets delivered in, what, 2028? 🤨 Many of us were forced into the soft top option by the hard top fiasco. Now this.
I agree. If a second person stands on the passenger side to help lower and raise, that would keep the frame square and likely prevent the rubbing. I resent my pics and VIN to FoMoCo in a direct message yesterday and they directed me back to my dealer to log the issue.

Sponsored

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Topless with a bimini top solves the problem. Of course, I have to have the Bronco before I can do that.
MIC top, canvas bimini and
Ford Bronco Soft top rubbing and wearing paint on Bronco roll bar [updated with TSB Fix] C60FF88D-DE6F-4372-B750-8E314CEA0F6F

:)

Jgrzy

Big Bend
First Name
Joy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had the exact same issue. The scratch in the picture is actually from when they put the soft top on at MAP. When I first put the soft top all the way back the metal hinge in the picture rubbed against the C pillar further up scratching it even more. Almost identical spot as the picture earlier in this thread. It happened the second day I had the vehicle and I reported it to my dealer right away. My soft top sits almost immediately against the C pillar on the driver side and has an inch and a half of clearance on the passenger side so my dealer is taking it in next Tuesday to repaint the entire C pillar and to adjust the soft top. They said they would need the vehicle for 7 to 8 business days. All covered by Ford and they are giving me a loaner but stinks I have to go so long without it.
CB1F0176-24D1-4ABE-A6E4-FAA1F02BF0BD.jpeg
Mine would have done the
I had the exact same issue. The scratch in the picture is actually from when they put the soft top on at MAP. When I first put the soft top all the way back the metal hinge in the picture rubbed against the C pillar further up scratching it even more. Almost identical spot as the picture earlier in this thread. It happened the second day I had the vehicle and I reported it to my dealer right away. My soft top sits almost immediately against the C pillar on the driver side and has an inch and a half of clearance on the passenger side so my dealer is taking it in next Tuesday to repaint the entire C pillar and to adjust the soft top. They said they would need the vehicle for 7 to 8 business days. All covered by Ford and they are giving me a loaner but stinks I have to go so long without it.
Ford Bronco Soft top rubbing and wearing paint on Bronco roll bar [updated with TSB Fix] C60FF88D-DE6F-4372-B750-8E314CEA0F6F
Mine tries to rub in the exact same spot! Definitely adding it to my list for the dealership to look at.
Sponsored