Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know what I am struggling with more... paint choices... or hard vs. soft top. I have had both on my Jeeps and prefer soft top.. BUT

Ford's website states this about the hard tops: All modular hardtops have rear quarter windows that are removable in three easy steps – snap, push and lift away in a fraction of the time it takes for competitors – without removing the roof panels.

Which, if you could remove that back gate glass, would give you the same safari top look as the soft top. Right? Am I reading that correctly?
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know what I am struggling with more... paint choices... or hard vs. soft top. I have had both on my Jeeps and prefer soft top.. BUT

Ford's website states this about the hard tops: All modular hardtops have rear quarter windows that are removable in three easy steps – snap, push and lift away in a fraction of the time it takes for competitors – without removing the roof panels.

Which, if you could remove that back gate glass, would give you the same safari top look as the soft top. Right? Am I reading that correctly?
The back glass isn't removable, only the side windows.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And that's on the "modular" hard top, not the base hard top.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

just hold us upside down and shake away ford

Sponsored

Bladerunner24

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 expedition, 67 camaro rs, 89 bmw 535i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man they are tearing that Bronco up. They are like screw it it ain't ours.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ugh. It looks so good! I'm still in team hard-top but man....I think I might need the soft-top too.
Well Ford should thank me for selling the soft top and getting people like you to buy BOTH!?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Am I the only one who thinks it would be cool to have a solid hardtop maybe with a big sunroof or removable centered panel and cloth side and rear windows that zipped out. Then you just have a flat shell that comes off. Light an easy to take off?

Maybe it floats and you could use it as a flat paddleboard or sled!

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The back glass isn't removable separate from the rear roof. (And we still haven't seen any pics of those rear quarter windows removed that I'm aware of.)

But...

You can remove the entire rear piece and leave the forward panels attached as seen in this thread.

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Am I the only one who thinks it would be cool to have a solid hardtop maybe with a big sunroof or removable centered panel and cloth side and rear windows that zipped out. Then you just have a flat shell that comes off. Light an easy to take off?

Maybe it floats and you could use it as a flat paddleboard or sled!
Umm... ?

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Posted this elsewhere but it looks to work just like Bestops Supertop Ultra. Wouldn't be shocked if they are Fords soft top supplier.
Ford Bronco Soft Top 20200410_222710
Ford Bronco Soft Top bestop-jl-supertop-ultra-25 (1)
Ford Bronco Soft Top supertop-ultra-jl-modes

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Tesla Model Y, 2021 Bronco 4D BLSQTCH
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanted to add some other pics of the soft-top. All 4-door cause that's what I've got my eye on. Looks like the rear side and back window do zip out on their own which is awesome.

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 7.32.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 7.31.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 7.30.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 7.30.31 PM.png

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man the soft top is better looking. Idk if I can handle the road noise though. Turn the music up I guess?

Does anyone with a soft top Jeep live in a very hot climate like Houston, Florida, southern Louisiana, etc? How does it feel in the summer? If the hard top is well over $1200 I’ll probably go with the soft as long as I can upgrade later.

enro

Black Diamond
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man the soft top is better looking. Idk if I can handle the road noise though. Turn the music up I guess?

Does anyone with a soft top Jeep live in a very hot climate like Houston, Florida, southern Louisiana, etc? How does it feel in the summer? If the hard top is well over $1200 I’ll probably go with the soft as long as I can upgrade later.
I had a soft top JK in Phoenix. It was warmer than my hard top JK. But I never kept my windows so it was really used as a safari/bikini top.

I will say, it is usually easier and cheaper to get a soft top aftermarket than it is a hard top.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had a soft top JK in Phoenix. It was warmer than my hard top JK. But I never kept my windows so it was really used as a safari/bikini top.

I will say, it is usually easier and cheaper to get a soft top aftermarket than it is a hard top.
Hmm I see. I may get the hard top then from the get go. I’ll definitely need a softie one way or another eventually though. Thanks for the input.
Sponsored