Demoncleaner

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave 6 speed
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was expecting another Friday afternoon "ruin my weekend" email from Ford delaying my build date again. Although last one moved mine up by a week. Has anyone had any notification this week that they've been moved again? I don't know how to feel about being moved up a week and still sitting there two weeks later. Some would tell me to shut up and be excited but I think we all know that's impossible until the thing is sitting in your driveway. I keep waiting for other shoe to drop. I have BL, 2.7L, MIC, 4DR, Sas, Tow so several of the constraints but I've only budged on the dual top (not really given a choice on that one). Day 1 reservation, Day 1 order, first confirmed order at my dealer, but what I'm hearing is for all the reservation holders this is going to be like standing in the Disney Fast Pass lane and watching the other line hop on the ride first. I'm with the others who say all of these folks get a pass on supply chain issues (I work in manufacturing management and have been feeling that pain at our place) but you do everything you can to make sure that pain does not hit your customers.
Just remember in this business model you are not the customer. Ford sells to dealers. You, only indirectly.
Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't heard anything official from my dealer, but it makes sense. The question is do you drop everything and get something that everyone else has or do you wait until your Unicorn arrives just the way you want it?
I’m waiting till 23 to (hopefully) be able to choose from all options available, including some (hopefully) new ones.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, Stock units will come out of our allocation. Retail orders will take priority over any stock unit. The main commodity constraint has been, and will be for the immediate future, the MIC Top.

Ford has heavily restricted what we can build as stock units, no 2 dr, no hard top etc...

Production capacity boils down to the 56/44 HT to ST ratio. All of the HT being produced will be customer orders.

If they run out of MIC tops, they'll build customer soft tops before any stock as long as commodities are still available to build those. Soft top availability for September Scheduling is 44% (vs 9% of the unscheduled order bank).

This is what allows us to have some stock units for September, there is more manufacturing capacity than available soft top builds in the order bank. Ford is prioritizing retail customer orders over stock with a similar configuration (we might get a Big Bend 2.3, but not a BL 2.7L SAS) You're far more likely to get a soft top built than a hard top regardless of timestamp. (unless your dealer has a ton of soft top orders). Just remember, a lot of options are constrained, but there is still some capacity for those later timestamps to get some of the constrained options if they are a soft top, because of the hard top constraint.

Looking at the commodity restrictions for our stock orders, we can't order 2.7L, 2 Door, MIC top, and a few other options at all. Most of our stock Broncos will be Base/BB/OBX with Mid/High Packages.

Building some stock is better than building no Broncos at all. It has everything to do with the Hard Top bottleneck. Ford is saving the most constrained items for customer orders, but there is a chance there will be some Base/BB Sasquatch with the soft top. Those would only get built after all other retail configurations that don't have any other constraints get built.
So once the stock units hit how much ADM are you adding to them?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Why you always gotta try to pick a fight?
I'm not, honest question, I heard someone say high ADM's and seriously I was suprised. You have stuck around and helped the community, you proved yourself long ago.

Sponsored

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not, honest question, I heard someone say high ADM's and seriously I was suprised. You have stuck around and helped the community, you proved yourself long ago.
We haven't finalized our stock unit ADMs, but we also don't anticipate very many stock units. Depends on what builds we end up getting. We have 28 soft tops unscheduled and 32 allocation for September production, we expect that our soft top mix will be somewhere in the 15-16 neighborhood, we have enough non-sas/tow that we think we may only get 1-2 stock units for September wholesale.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“Yes, Stock units will come out of our allocation. Retail orders will take priority over any stock unit.”

This is a very deceiving comment. Allocation commitments being met over buildable reservations at other dealers means retail orders only take priority once allocation is met. Which means they decidedly aren’t taking priority over stock units.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, Stock units will come out of our allocation. Retail orders will take priority over any stock unit. The main commodity constraint has been, and will be for the immediate future, the MIC Top.

Ford has heavily restricted what we can build as stock units, no 2 dr, no hard top etc...

Production capacity boils down to the 56/44 HT to ST ratio. All of the HT being produced will be customer orders.

If they run out of MIC tops, they'll build customer soft tops before any stock as long as commodities are still available to build those. Soft top availability for September Scheduling is 44% (vs 9% of the unscheduled order bank).

This is what allows us to have some stock units for September, there is more manufacturing capacity than available soft top builds in the order bank. Ford is prioritizing retail customer orders over stock with a similar configuration (we might get a Big Bend 2.3, but not a BL 2.7L SAS) You're far more likely to get a soft top built than a hard top regardless of timestamp. (unless your dealer has a ton of soft top orders). Just remember, a lot of options are constrained, but there is still some capacity for those later timestamps to get some of the constrained options if they are a soft top, because of the hard top constraint.

Looking at the commodity restrictions for our stock orders, we can't order 2.7L, 2 Door, MIC top, and a few other options at all. Most of our stock Broncos will be Base/BB/OBX with Mid/High Packages.

Building some stock is better than building no Broncos at all. It has everything to do with the Hard Top bottleneck. Ford is saving the most constrained items for customer orders, but there is a chance there will be some Base/BB Sasquatch with the soft top. Those would only get built after all other retail configurations that don't have any other constraints get built.
If I understand the system correctly though, say you're allocated 25 broncos, say 6 are reservations/orders that get filled, so you order 19 four door, soft tops....shortly there after there are enough parts to build my early evening 7/13 BL 2dr SAS 2.7l High.....but since the dealer ordered 19 other broncos, the allocations are full and anyone who has a reservation with you won't be getting a bronco now regardless of parts availability. Is that correct?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hopefully not. Ford has said they will continually look for buildable retail units before any dealer units will be built. As I understand their computer programming is always scanning the list of orders for those that can be built, and shipped to waiting customers.
I gotta ask... Are these the same computer programmers that fudged up the B&P last year? 🤷‍♂️ or is this more of an AI computer program? Just trying to decide if I can keep the faith here.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully not. Ford has said they will continually look for buildable retail units before any dealer units will be built. As I understand their computer programming is always scanning the list of orders for those that can be built, and shipped to waiting customers.
Man I hope having just one constraint doesn’t completely screw people (outside MIC)

Sponsored

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This isn’t entirely true though. Ford COULD build more reservation base or low feature vehicles. The reservations are there. However, they told a dealer they’d get 35 Broncos and are sticking to that commitment. That specific dealer doesn’t have enough low dollar orders to fill so they get stock.

if Ford decided to honor reservations regardless of dealer allocations, these Broncos would be going to reservation holders. They would have to tell an Individual dealer they get 20 rather than 35 based on commodities. Other dealers would get more than their original allovation.

Ford CHOSE to honor the dealer commitment versus shifting those builds maximize reservation fulfillment. It was a choice. They chose dealers. And reservation holders are getting pushed out as a result.

im 100% onboard with commodity forgiveness. Covid screwed up everyone. Free pass there from me. This decision however is infuriating. I’ve already had two friends text me thinking I’d have my Bronco since they saw one on the lot. it sucks

I welcome a correction if someone knows why this is false.
This guy gets it. I'd rather the Bronco go to some rez holder anywhere rather than some Johnny come lately who scores off the lot.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I understand the system correctly though, say you're allocated 25 broncos, say 6 are reservations/orders that get filled, so you order 19 four door, soft tops....shortly there after there are enough parts to build my early evening 7/13 BL 2dr SAS 2.7l High.....but since the dealer ordered 19 other broncos, the allocations are full and anyone who has a reservation with you won't be getting a bronco now regardless of parts availability. Is that correct?
Of those 25, there is a breakdown of 56/44 hard top to soft top (in a vacuum). So even though we order 19 soft tops, we wouldn't get that many. The allocation is more closely aligned to the production. As orders change, Ford does cleanup scheduling leading up to the month of production, so if enough commodities free up to build your unit and it's the earliest timestamp that fits the other requirements, it would get scheduled. Keep in mind, 2 door production capacity for September is only 19%. See @Zach@Granger 's post here for more information on how the commodities line up: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...get-your-bronco-scheduled-more-quickly.19556/

I gotta ask... Are these the same computer programmers that fudged up the B&P last year? 🤷‍♂️ or is this more of an AI computer program? Just trying to decide if I can keep the faith here.
No B/P is not done by the same folks.

Man I hope having just one constraint doesn’t completely screw people (outside MIC)
It could, check out the commodities post from @Zach@Granger https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...get-your-bronco-scheduled-more-quickly.19556/

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of those 25, there is a breakdown of 56/44 hard top to soft top (in a vacuum). So even though we order 19 soft tops, we wouldn't get that many. The allocation is more closely aligned to the production. As orders change, Ford does cleanup scheduling leading up to the month of production, so if enough commodities free up to build your unit and it's the earliest timestamp that fits the other requirements, it would get scheduled. Keep in mind, 2 door production capacity for September is only 19%. See @Zach@Granger 's post here for more information on how the commodities line up: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...get-your-bronco-scheduled-more-quickly.19556/

No B/P is not done by the same folks.

It could, check out the commodities post from @Zach@Granger https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...get-your-bronco-scheduled-more-quickly.19556/
I see, thanks for clarifying that.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Lot Broncos by and large won't be high demand commodities, Dealers are restricted and can't order stock Broncos with the following options:

Hard top MIC roof
2 Door
First Edition Series
Wildtrak Series
2.7L Engine
Trailer Tow
Safari Bar
Paint Protection Film
Sponsored