First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One word…A$$hole, so much for “treat others as you’d like others to treat you…sorry for your loss/inconvenienice…

So very thankful I have a secure garage to park in every night!
Sponsored

Herewegoagain

Badlands
First Name
Maxemus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The other night someone set fire to a purse or something on top of the hood of my bronco. Pretty sad that something like this is fun for people. I actually liked my Wildtrak decal. Does anyone know if you can buy these from Ford. I haven't seen one. I figure the whole hood will have to be repainted if it's salvageable and I will lose my decal.

PXL_20231103_150426781~2.jpg

PXL_20231103_233622308.jpg

PXL_20231103_150440451.jpg
I'm sorry this kind of thing goes on there! Maybe it's time to relocate somewhere you can secure your Bronco and sleep at night. Hope your insurance helps with this.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, people really sux theses day!!!

I saw above the part # was posted.👍

I 2nd the idea of upgrading to an AFC hood.

The factory / aluminum hood will be warped. Take the $$$$ from insurance and upgrade.

Team Wildtrak 👍😎👍

Wardognal

Outer Banks
First Name
Orville
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Please don't take this personally, but look at where you live, I can't say that I am surprised by anything that happens there.

Thankfully, they didn't set the whole Bronco on fire. I hope that you are able to get it fixed soon.
When I read this yesterday , I thought it was somewhat offensive. I didn’t consider that group of people on one end of the spectrum that might take issue with a non EV vehicle. No one knows if that was the root of the motive or not, but it does put your harsh post in a different light.

Sponsored

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The other night someone set fire to a purse or something on top of the hood of my bronco. Pretty sad that something like this is fun for people. I actually liked my Wildtrak decal. Does anyone know if you can buy these from Ford. I haven't seen one. I figure the whole hood will have to be repainted if it's salvageable and I will lose my decal.

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

No way to explain the stupidity of some people. They have no respect for hard working people who do their best to be honest, good citizens. Can only hope it happens to them some day.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I read this yesterday , I thought it was somewhat offensive. I didn’t consider that group of people on one end of the spectrum that might take issue with a non EV vehicle. No one knows if that was the root of the motive or not, but it does put your harsh post in a different light.
Ya, and I would make the same comment for any number of places that I know have really bad crime/drug/economic issues. Regardless of whether it was parts of California (where I was born), parts of New York (where I was raised), parts of Florida (where my parents now live), and even parts of Texas (where I live now). Sacramento, CA has a really bad reputation for crime... So does Bronx, NY; Pensacola, FL; and Corpus Christi, TX. I would not leave my car parked on the street in any of those places without being very concerned about whether or not it was going to be intact and unmolested 12 hours later.

My sentiment wasn't Sacramento specific, but rather areas known to be higher crime areas. This can happen anywhere in this country, but some areas are far more prone to this than others and no one should have to come find their vehicle like this regardless of where they live. It's certainly not his fault, it's unfortunately just not surprising where it is happening more frequently.

3People1Body

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, F150 and Taurus.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry to hear about your hood. Sometimes people make decisions that they will regret for years/life. Hopefully that person has a conscious eating away at them, and will never do something like that again. I was young and dumb once, never started a fire on a hood, but things I regret. IMO, it's part of our learning cycle in this world.

BTW - I have the same hood, minus the BBQ part.... although I'm thinking about changing to a fiberglass with the fake scoop... not quite yet ready to pull the trigger, but that incident would speed up the decision.

Carnutdallas

Heritage
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Plaid, Duramax Suburban, Ferrari F355
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Here is my .02 worth since everyone has a voice now. I think the vape device caught fire and it was tossed and that is where it landed. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I mean, it may not have been that intentional? But that is just me giving humanity a little break.

Yes, I am probably wrong, but that is not a normal activity, even for CA. Cheers.

Sponsored

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

People suck, they see something nice someone has, and they need to ruin it, so they feel good. Sorry it happened.

OP
OP
casbar

casbar

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Tacoma, '17 Indian Scout
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here is my .02 worth since everyone has a voice now. I think the vape device caught fire and it was tossed and that is where it landed. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I mean, it may not have been that intentional? But that is just me giving humanity a little break.

Yes, I am probably wrong, but that is not a normal activity, even for CA. Cheers.
I wish this were the case but my doorbell camera picked up the shadowy figure of someone walking directly to the front of the car and starting the fire on the hood. They stood nearby and watched it burn for about 30 seconds and then just walked away the way they came.

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I don't know if the post was harsh or just a bit of reality. While that certainly could have happened anywhere, I don't think you can argue that different parts of the country have different cultures. That's just the way it is. I'm from New England and was just in LA. Although my part of the country is pretty liberal, they take it to a whole new level out there. The $7 a gallon gas was pretty shocking as well.

Carnutdallas

Heritage
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Plaid, Duramax Suburban, Ferrari F355
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Yikes! People are dirtbags then. WOW!

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish this were the case but my doorbell camera picked up the shadowy figure of someone walking directly to the front of the car and starting the fire on the hood. They stood nearby and watched it burn for about 30 seconds and then just walked away the way they came.
were you parked in one of your neighbor's 'spots'?
Sponsored