casbar

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Tacoma, '17 Indian Scout
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
were you parked in one of your neighbor's 'spots'?
No. Right in front of my house. And I don't believe I have any enemies or mad ex girlfriends.
Sponsored

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't think I could own a Bronco in Northern California unless I had a garage. Down here in SoCal, we hear about the lawlessness that goes on up there.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The other night someone set fire to a purse or something on top of the hood of my bronco. Pretty sad that something like this is fun for people. I actually liked my Wildtrak decal. Does anyone know if you can buy these from Ford. I haven't seen one. I figure the whole hood will have to be repainted if it's salvageable and I will lose my decal.

PXL_20231103_150426781~2.jpg

PXL_20231103_233622308.jpg

PXL_20231103_150440451.jpg
Sorry that sucks. I agree upgrade the hood with insurance money. Hood needs to be replaced.

Sponsored

GTTom

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man sorry to hear that. That low life sukkks. Wondering if the purse was stolen and the low life was getting rid of the evidence? Bet someone near by had their purse stolen.

OP
OP
casbar

casbar

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Man sorry to hear that. That low life sukkks. Wondering if the purse was stolen and the low life was getting rid of the evidence? Bet someone near by had their purse stolen.
I filed a police report to attach to my insurance claim. Just in case I had the police come and book the remains of the purse into evidence as part of my report. Maybe it could have been part of another incident. You never know. It felt like the right thing to do.

i911fire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Cyber Orange 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Damn that stinks! My WildTrack is at ford right now getting a new sticker since one decided to start peeling at 2100 miles.

MidasWhale

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche boxster, Subaru forester, Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Whoever is responsible for this needs to be tarred and feathered. It only adds to my paranoia of parking on the streets of Chicago.

EasternSierra

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As of 2020, 18 states have a higher property crime rate than California including Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, and South Carolina: Statista. Stereotypes about places can be really misleading. Of course those are statewide averages and local areas vary a lot within each state. Sacramento proper does have violent and property crime rates well above the national average: Link.

I don't think I could own a Bronco in Northern California unless I had a garage. Down here in SoCal, we hear about the lawlessness that goes on up there.
San Francisco and Oakland, sure. On the other hand, San Jose is one of the safest large cities around. Don't tar a whole region just because of the bad cases.

BTW, I've spent 7 years living in southern California and over 55 in the northern part of the state where I currently live. The only time I had anyone break into my vehicle (or otherwise deliberately harm it) was in Los Angeles. I've always parked on the street or driveway. Yes, that's just one person's experience and doesn't prove any general rule.

People shouldn't get complacent about protecting their Bronco (or themselves/loved ones) just because of where they live. There's risk everywhere, not just where sensational media stories point to.

Sponsored
OP
OP
casbar

casbar

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
People shouldn't get complacent about protecting their Bronco (or themselves/loved ones) just because of where they live. There's risk everywhere, not just where sensational media stories point to.
I completely agree.

Look everyone.. I have lived in Sacramento my entire life. I was born and raised in downtown Sacramento on the grid. I love it here. I always have. I have lived all over Sacramento and downtown/midtown has always been my favorite. It's a fun place to be. There are so many things to see and do. I feel safe for the most part. It's usually a peaceful place. All that being said, sometimes bad sh*t happens. Whether or not it might be statistically true that bad sh*t happens here more than other places really shouldn't be the point. Bad sh*t could happen to anyone, anywhere no matter how safe you believe it is.

I have never had anyone start a fire on my car before and I hope it's the last one I ever see. I know it won't be the last time someone messes with my property in my lifetime but I'm not willing to give up on my favorite place to live due to one more stupid incident.. yet. :LOL:

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to OP for this happening. It really sucks.

NorCal is bad but it's not that bad. The news, Nextdoor and X/Twitter all amplify the negativity. Yeah, bad shit happens, and it's certainly gotten worse since the pandemic. IMO we need a little Old Testament punishment to deter property crimes like this. At the same time my Bronco (and other cars) are parked on a busy street in Berkeley, CA and nothing has happened... so far.

The garage is reserved for my 2000 Miata which is too nice to leave outside. And too easy to steal. And my Bronco wouldn't fit in it anyway.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Was the purse full of shit? That’s the only thing that makes sense.

OP
OP
casbar

casbar

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was the purse full of shit? That’s the only thing that makes sense.
It was too charred up to tell. The cop and I sifted through it but just found buttons and pieces of purse. It burned for like ten minutes on my hood. It was 1:30am but still kind of hard to believe nobody witnessed a fire on top of a car. Oh well.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry to OP for this happening. It really sucks.

NorCal is bad but it's not that bad. The news, Nextdoor and X/Twitter all amplify the negativity. Yeah, bad shit happens, and it's certainly gotten worse since the pandemic. IMO we need a little Old Testament punishment to deter property crimes like this. At the same time my Bronco (and other cars) are parked on a busy street in Berkeley, CA and nothing has happened... so far.

The garage is reserved for my 2000 Miata which is too nice to leave outside. And too easy to steal. And my Bronco wouldn't fit in it anyway.
Well it's not Portland, that's for sure.
Sponsored