Sponsored

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but is $5,000 over on a Heritage acceptable ? Thank you in advance

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just depends on how much you value your time in finding a dealer to do a PA on a HE allocation as a walk in that wont be built until later next year. I dont think 5k is crazy for what your trying to get and it sounds like it would be good if the dealer gets it scheduled. There are way too many variables that come into play so paying exrtra may or may not buy you a shorter timeframe.
Sponsored

Name

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco is already overpriced at MSRP, so what the heck, give Ford more of your money, lol.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm pretty sure it is as well and like I said it's good and bad because, to me, it's dirty dealings since they're supposed to let the order die on the vine not sell it to the highest bidder but you already know by now the quality of dealer you have with the $5k markup and the fact that they don't care who they sell to as long as they pay for the privilege. It's your call, many have paid more than that but be sure if you put any money down today that it's reimbursable.
no dealer even good ones are going to let an allocation die.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They wouldn't be letting an allocation die. But if they let the customer order drop they would only be able to get a stock order for a low trim floppy top.
Hijacking a customer order is shady dealing and a way for them to cheat the stock order limitation. COVP was supposed to stop that.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Yeah I know no one cares but me, it's falsifying an order that was supposedly CVPd and won't be a customer match at the sale but no harm right? No telling how many orders have been done this way so the dealer could profit well above sticker while others wait. The fact that this dealer probably placed a bunch of HE orders on non-viable orders irks me because I've been here waiting and those orders compete against mine when they shouldn't even exist but hey, better to eat today right?

Sponsored

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like it has been said if you are good with it then that is only thing the matters....!!!

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would pay $5,000 if the replacement cost for a Heritage Edition Bronco is currently at $5,000 over MSRP, and if I were going to keep it stock to preserve its' value as a collector's item.

Otherwise, I would buy a basesquatch and do mods to get the same look.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, don't commit to overpaying for a vehicle that you have no idea when you'll get it.

The goal is to send your kids to college, not the dealerships general managers.

But if your 100% debt free, paying cash, have a fully funded retirement account, and can afford to burn $5K in hundred dollar bills in your fire pit........

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would not buy over MSRP ever

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The economy is changing. Higher rates...etc. I wouldnt agree to over msrp either. Plus, who knows if/when you might actually get one.

Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is the simple truth. For as long as people pay ADM, ADM will continue to exist.
There are dealers who will sell to you at or below MSRP. I find that this justifies the price of taking a couple days off and buying an airplane ticket if needed.
You dont need to pay ADM. You are not forced to. Unless you have no patience and a lot of discretionary income. Just know what your going to be paying before you make an order. Search this site for the good/bad dealer lists to help hasten your search.

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

And to be clear, not the Heritage LE, just the standard 4door heritage.

Thank you!
No, its not the "Norm". Many dealers are not charging any additional markup, especially if you are special ordering.

There aren't actually any Heritage editions out yet so its too early to say if all of a sudden something will change and the 2023 Order banks arent even open yet, so there isnt a "Norm" set at all...

BUT.... if you work with a reputable dealer, and you special order, the"Norm" is not to pay any additional markup.

If youre buying a Bronco off the lot though... all bets are off and Paying a markup is totally normal in this market.

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Unless your dealer is high jacking someone else's 99d order you're going to have to have a long wait so I'd ask that dealer if that's what he is doing. If they are then it might save you some time and if you're good with the markup only you can decide and if they are you have until the 21st or all the 99 orders get deleted and you truly would be at the end of the line waiting. Like I said, these haven't even hit the street so there's no normal ADM amount for these and who knows where the economy will be in 6 months.

I will tell you that I'm paying under invoice for mine but I've been waiting a long long time for the white top Heritage Edition.
Without trying to start an argument, how have you been waiting a "Long Long" time for white top heritage when they were just announced recently and haven't actually gone on sale yet?

TTUHoopsFans

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would pay $5,000 if the replacement cost for a Heritage Edition Bronco is currently at $5,000 over MSRP, and if I were going to keep it stock to preserve its' value as a collector's item.

Otherwise, I would buy a basesquatch and do mods to get the same look.
I wish basesquatch had blind spot

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Without trying to start an argument, how have you been waiting a "Long Long" time for white top heritage when they were just announced recently and haven't actually gone on sale yet?
Mod tops were supposed to be available at launch then pushed to '22, finally available in '23. I'm a second day reservation that's been 99d waiting on the white top which only is available on the Heritage so that's what I switched over to. The Heritage concept has been around pretty much this whole time as well so while yes it's not on sale yet it's been talked about for years.
Sponsored