First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to update this thread: I am back home, my new trans has come in, and is in fact the updated -E part #. Dropping it off Tues night for Wed. Hope to have some 1st impressions of the install this coming week!
Sponsored

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 BaseSAS / ‘21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Loved my SB Stage 3 Endurance in my GTI, so I have high expectations for ya.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I picked it up, and 1st impression? It is definitely NOT too heavy! Feels very comfortable, in fact I left my other completely stock 7mt there for him to listen to the noise/order parts for, and hopping out of one getting in the other...no noticeable difference in the stiffness/weight of the pedal. 2nd most noticeable thing (and this will likely change w/break in) is the friction point is very close to the top. Required very little pedal movement to get full release, and goes from total slip to full lock VERY quickly. Definitely the system is fully bled! This may be a little awkward in bad traffic, but we shall see. Most likely I will get used to it. Other than that it drives just like it always did. New trans is so far so good...will have to see on cold starts if the noise is fixed, but I am confident so far!

Sponsored

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Awesome news!!
Keep us posted on how it goes?

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome news!!
Keep us posted on how it goes?
Sure will. Reccomended break in is 450-500 miles, and my odo is currently at 9539, so I figure I can unleash the beast at 10k! Next item on my agenda, I got the B&M shifter to install! It's become a sickness w/me!

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would expect break-in to take longer, with a thousand miles being a better mileage. At the 500 mile mark it will have surfaced the flywheel, mated the disc and FW faces, and given the springs time to settle, but you want to get more "regular" driving cycles into it before you really start to whomp on it. Basically, get more enthusiastic with RPM after 500+ miles, but don't go pedal to floor or full boost until you hit about 1k.

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would expect break-in to take longer, with a thousand miles being a better mileage. At the 500 mile mark it will have surfaced the flywheel, mated the disc and FW faces, and given the springs time to settle, but you want to get more "regular" driving cycles into it before you really start to whomp on it. Basically, get more enthusiastic with RPM after 500+ miles, but don't go pedal to floor or full boost until you hit about 1k.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! when I had my '12 VW GLI, that was my next mod, since APR tuning it was causing 3rd gear pulls to slip the stock one with ease:LOL:

South Bend is nice.

Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya at 10k yet? I wanna update

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya at 10k yet? I wanna update
Not quite, but I'm feeling pretty good about it so far. I'm gonna go stg 2 on my other one as well. Ordered from IAG, and trans comes out next week

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I am almost to 10k, but all local driving, so I'm sure its broke in by now. Feels really good. Friction point is still a little higher up than stock, and goes from slip to full lock w/just short drop. Have been playing around w/meth injection and tune, and it handles power adders w/no problem. Added B&M shifter, and now its just an absolute blast to drive! Couldn't make a Jeep anywhere near this much fun!

bb163

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Promaster
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I am almost to 10k, but all local driving, so I'm sure its broke in by now. Feels really good. Friction point is still a little higher up than stock, and goes from slip to full lock w/just short drop. Have been playing around w/meth injection and tune, and it handles power adders w/no problem. Added B&M shifter, and now its just an absolute blast to drive! Couldn't make a Jeep anywhere near this much fun!
I haven’t heard much feedback on the B&M shifter. Is it a substantial difference?

OP
OP
Bmadda

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t heard much feedback on the B&M shifter. Is it a substantial difference?
Totally different feel. Thats the biggest difference between stock and where I am at now really. The clutch doesn't feel a whole lot different...its a very subtle change feel wise (although it may be more durable). B&M shifter feels racy. The height difference makes it look awkward in pics, but actual feel from the driver's seat is just cool!
Sponsored