First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I got my pipes thanks to Lethal and SPD. The pipes are super nice, the welds are super nice, Quality is super nice everything is 100%. The install was no problem at all.
Some of the things I did to make the install easier:
1. I cut the factory pipes in two places, you will see where to cut because it is very intuitive if you are doing the work yourself.
2. I removed the driver side wheel well because getting to the inside turbo bolts on both sides was a pain driver was about impossible. Make sure that you have a ton of extensions, wobbles and universals.
3. I had to climb on top of the motor to disconnect the O2 sensors. I removed the factory pipes with the O2 sensors installed
4. I installed the new pipes with the O2 sensors OFF for two reasons..... The passenger side will not go with the sensor in place and 2, I didnt want to damage the sensor.
5. The V-bands make everything go together very nicely
6. The heat shield from SPD is in the perfect spot BUT still very close to the oil pan

This took me about 2 hrs.

I have noticed two new rattles.
1. my borla tips are now hitting the bumper - this may be due to the SPD flex joint that is FAR SUPERIOR to the OEM flex joint, but I dont think it flexes as much as the OEM and I also dont think it grows / shrinks the same. I may need to cut a 1/2" off my borla....
2. I dont know where the other rattle is..... Might be in the CAT? may go away..... Who knows...... High performance and modified vehicles make noises...

Sound is nice, not a ton of difference over stock, but Im sure the flow is much better. I have a Borla axel back touring system and I can tell you it is louder, but not by much and as other posters have mentioned, at some RPMS, it may be quiter or the same. I performed the warm up procedure and all is well. The pipes are nice and Im happy. Im sure I will see a much quicker spool up time when I receive my charge pipes.

All in all, If your looking for all the performance you can get, add these to the list.
Sponsored

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Love mine also. I have the AFE cat back and well not sure the wife will drive it now....mine is definitely louder.

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I got my pipes thanks to Lethal and SPD. The pipes are super nice, the welds are super nice, Quality is super nice everything is 100%. The install was no problem at all.
1. I cut the factory pipes in two places, you will see where to cut because it is very intuitive if you are doing the work yourself.
2. I removed the driver side wheel well because getting to the inside turbo bolts on both sides was a pain driver was about impossible. Make sure that you have a ton of extensions, wobbles and universals.
3. I had to climb on top of the motor to disconnect the O2 sensors. I removed the factory pipes with the O2 sensors installed
4. I installed the new pipes with the O2 sensors OFF for two reasons..... The passenger side will not go with the sensor in place and 2, I didnt want to damage the sensor.
6. The heat shield from SPD is in the perfect spot BUT still very close to the oil pan

1. my borla tips are now hitting the bumper - this may be due to the SPD flex joint that is FAR SUPERIOR to the OEM flex joint, but I dont think it flexes as much as the OEM and I also dont think it grows / shrinks the same. I may need to cut a 1/2" off my borla....
2. I dont know where the other rattle is..... Might be in the CAT? may go away..... Who knows...... High performance and modified vehicles make noises...

Sound is nice, not a ton of difference over stock, but Im sure the flow is much better. I have a Borla axel back touring system and I can tell you it is louder, but not by much and as other posters have mentioned, at some RPMS, it may be quiter or the same. I performed the warm up procedure and all is well. The pipes are nice and Im happy. Im sure I will see a much quicker spool up time when I receive my charge pipes.

All in all, If your looking for all the performance you can get, add these to the list.
Very nice!

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you feel it’s sluggish in the low/mid power band you may want to look at a bigger muffler. My Afe was choking it out. Went up to a bigger magna flow and fixed that issue.

I had made a real nice install thread the admin deleted from here. Not sure if it was the cutting of the pipes or the warranty void. Either way your going to love them. They make a world of difference.

Mrt ran the numbers for flow and proper muffler for me. They recommended the bigger magna flow. Still has the deep sound. Just better flow, no metal ting in the top end now.
Mines mid mounted.

79EE0670-E7AB-4552-BE59-10E39614E10B.jpeg

FB170E8C-3E9E-43C4-B33D-7445D74D1466.jpeg

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any idea what kind of HP and TQ gains are we seeing with this installed?

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Thanks for your business and the awesome feedback!

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you feel it’s sluggish in the low/mid power band you may want to look at a bigger muffler. My Afe was choking it out. Went up to a bigger magna flow and fixed that issue.

I had made a real nice install thread the admin deleted from here. Not sure if it was the cutting of the pipes or the warranty void. Either way your going to love them. They make a world of difference.

Mrt ran the numbers for flow and proper muffler for me. They recommended the bigger magna flow. Still has the deep sound. Just better flow, no metal ting in the top end now.
Mines mid mounted.

Ford Bronco SPD Downpipe Install - review FB170E8C-3E9E-43C4-B33D-7445D74D1466

Ford Bronco SPD Downpipe Install - review FB170E8C-3E9E-43C4-B33D-7445D74D1466
Wouldn't the AFE have been a straight-through design? Was it the Apollo series?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn't the AFE have been a straight-through design? Was it the Apollo series?
0fg. I thought the same. Truck ran weird with it. Just didn’t feel right in the mid power band, was really flat. It works fine with it as a exhaust tip. Go figure.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Spd told me yesterday they have half a dozen other products to develop before they make a downpipe for the 2.3… very disappointing to say the least

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hope to do my SPD install this week. I don't really want to cut the factory pipes out of there. Did you try to get them out intact first?

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope to do my SPD install this week. I don't really want to cut the factory pipes out of there. Did you try to get them out intact first?
I’ve heard it can be done. Have to drop the whole cross member. I was working off one jack stand so I cut the exhaust instead.

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you still getting rattles? Also hows power and turbo spool?

Thanks!
JC

OP
OP

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you still getting rattles? Also hows power and turbo spool?

Thanks!
JC
I think I got the rattle fixed found. Looks like I over tightened the flange to the mid pipe and exhaust was leaking out of the multi layer gasket. I loosened the bolts and it seems to be better. I’ll know tomorrow. If it still makes noise, I will replace the gasket. Yes everything is faster. Very impressed. I need a mid pipe next or cat back, but I already have an axle back.

James Cole

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I got the rattle fixed found. Looks like I over tightened the flange to the mid pipe and exhaust was leaking out of the multi layer gasket. I loosened the bolts and it seems to be better. I’ll know tomorrow. If it still makes noise, I will replace the gasket. Yes everything is faster. Very impressed. I need a mid pipe next or cat back, but I already have an axle back.
Great, let us know how it works out... also is the install hard?

OP
OP

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands