ForFoxSake

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a 2022 Bronco Wildtrak (lux package)

Anyone experience speaker rattle from the rear sub and mounted speakers? If so, anyone come up with any remedies? I actually like the sound in this trim level but that rattle is killing me.
Sponsored

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, pretty much everyone with lux has that issue, at the very least around the sub. Several threads where folks have polyfilled around the speakers and even pulled panels and laid down dynamat. I haven’t bothered to fix it yet but drives me crazy as well.

OP
OP
ForFoxSake

ForFoxSake

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep, pretty much everyone with lux has that issue, at the very least around the sub. Several threads where folks have polyfilled around the speakers and even pulled panels and laid down dynamat. I haven’t bothered to fix it yet but drives me crazy as well.
I can't believe how bad it is for a vehicle that costs this much. They could have dampened it a little bit but didn't bother at all..

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stuffed mine with polyfill and then added foam behind the panel where it was rattling.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Anyone experience speaker rattle from the rear sub and mounted speakers? If so, anyone come up with any remedies? I actually like the sound in this trim level but that rattle is killing me.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco speaker concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ForFoxSake

ForFoxSake

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I stuffed mine with polyfill and then added foam behind the panel where it was rattling.
I'll check this out....did it completely fix your issue?

Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco speaker concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
PMed, thanks.

I'll check this out, appreciate it.

OP
OP
ForFoxSake

ForFoxSake

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm going to bring it up to my dealer soon and see if they are willing to help resolve issue

Mjasinski

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Escape, 22 Bronco 4dr, 00 Focus ZX3 JRSC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just picked up mine on Monday, same issue. I'm so frustrated for how much this cost for something stupid like that too happen. Although at this point I shouldn't expect must less?

Sponsored

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had this issue since I've owned my vehicle (Lux package). I reported it to my dealer while performing other warranty work for quality issues and was told they "could not reproduce the problem". Since they could not provide a resolution I removed the side panel in the cargo area to troubleshoot and found that tightening the bolts around the sub enclosure seemed to help for a few weeks but then the rattle returned shortly afterwards.

It will probably bother me enough to try to fix it again (locktite the bolts? rubber washers?) at some point but for now I just think about how badly this was designed every time I drive the Bronco and listen to the stereo. And frankly it sounds bad enough that I wished I had not opted for Lux just so I wouldn't have to deal with it.

OP
OP
ForFoxSake

ForFoxSake

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've had this issue since I've owned my vehicle (Lux package). I reported it to my dealer while performing other warranty work for quality issues and was told they "could not reproduce the problem". Since they could not provide a resolution I removed the side panel in the cargo area to troubleshoot and found that tightening the bolts around the sub enclosure seemed to help for a few weeks but then the rattle returned shortly afterwards.

It will probably bother me enough to try to fix it again (locktite the bolts? rubber washers?) at some point but for now I just think about how badly this was designed every time I drive the Bronco and listen to the stereo. And frankly it sounds bad enough that I wished I had not opted for Lux just so I wouldn't have to deal with it.
Mine seems to have gotten worse recently. During my first oil change, I'm going to bring it up with the dealer. It's ridiculous that they couldn't have tested the speakers and ensured there wasn't any rattle before releasing the product.

I'm in the same boat, the lux package regret is pretty high right now.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
there's a healthy supply of threads over in the electronics/stereo subthread with in-depth discussions and experiences of improving the stock Bronco stereo systems - from base to Lux. Definitely suggest that be your first, second, third and/or more stops.

mrbrenan

Badlands
First Name
Brenan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've actually had an issue with the passenger kick-panel speaker rattling. Does anyone else have the kick-panel speaker rattling (passenger or driver)?

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the base system and installed the kicker key amps and a Kicker sub in B&O sub location with an aftermarket box. Here’s what I did to prevent rattles.

1. adhesive-backed felt over trim pin/clip holes and cloth tape on panel where the pins mount.
2. dynamat on fiat areas of trim panel to add weight
3. Attached quilt batting with double sided tape to back of panel to prevent metal to plastic contact.

Ford Bronco Speaker rattle 1C892F08-6C4F-48F7-B019-B5007C179904
Ford Bronco Speaker rattle A921039B-B2CF-47AC-BD82-232B3F76A157
Ford Bronco Speaker rattle 51F6248B-F521-4511-B683-D59C7AFF33D1
Ford Bronco Speaker rattle 71AECEB5-D3FA-4E31-937C-BE5AF586FD33
Sponsored