Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My experience with 30,000 miles on the Spicer rear 2DR shaft has been a negative one... it works better for you more door folks, but the 2dr blows the boot on the transfer case side right away...just like the oem one did. as soon a s you lift the rear 2" the upper joints boot is junk. the joint can handle the angle, but the boot cannot.

this is the main reason I'm going to the Double Carton 1350 like spicer originally advertised.

I'll run my spicer shaft with the U60 for a few days while I wait for the Ford F-series 32 spline output shaft flange to arrive...this allows the use of a double carton 1350 joint. they can handle 32 degrees.
Sponsored

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My experience with 30,000 miles on the Spicer rear 2DR shaft has been a negative one... it works better for you more door folks, but the 2dr blows the boot on the transfer case side right away...just like the oem one did. as soon a s you lift the rear 2" the upper joints boot is junk. the joint can handle the angle, but the boot cannot.

this is the main reason I'm going to the Double Carton 1350 like spicer originally advertised.

I'll run my spicer shaft with the U60 for a few days while I wait for the Ford F-series 32 spline output shaft flange to arrive...this allows the use of a double carton 1350 joint. they can handle 32 degrees.
Thanks for chiming in! I know you’ve been running yours a minute. Curious what your rear droop is compared to factory?

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

yes, that's what I'm having g built. the flange/yoke on the Bronco awd transfer case is the normal 32 spline HD that dodge and F-series used for many years. ....the difference is the seal surface area is a different size ID. so new seal will be sourced next week when the goodies arrive. additional these flanges also have a different spline depth as well. some easy machine work will fix this.

20240115_140656.jpg

20240115_140720.jpg

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Unfortunately, no. Tom Woods would have been my first choice. Someone posted a lettered response form Tom Wood's Shop that basically said Ford & Spicer were being stingy with selling parts (Ford flanges I imagine) & they have decided not to pursue it further :(
no current available double cardan yoke (1350 sized) bolts up the the oem Bronco flange, and the aftermarket/other OEMs 32 spline flanges are slightly different...so a new part actually needs made here, not an off-the-shelf part.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes, that's what I'm having g built. the flange/yoke on the Bronco awd transfer case is the normal 32 spline HD that dodge and F-series used for many years. ....the difference is the seal surface area is a different size ID. so new seal will be sourced next week when the goodies arrive. additional these flanges also have a different spline depth as well. some easy machine work will fix this.
Is this what 5G Broncos ran? might have one in the garage in a box. went on the Borg warner 1350 and the NP208 T-case.

Broncoman7072

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

More door for the win!(calm down 2 door guys)

That's ridiculous that a small 2 inch lift is causing that much issue.

Broncoman7072

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

no current available double cardan yoke (1350 sized) bolts up the the oem Bronco flange, and the aftermarket/other OEMs 32 spline flanges are slightly different...so a new part actually needs made here, not an off-the-shelf part.
Once again nothing is just easy with these broncos.

Sponsored

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Alrighty, I went ahead and installed my Spicer rear driveshaft
The main reason I got this is the ability to swap out that U-Joint in case of a failure as I plan to be doing some HD upgrades soon and snapping a driveshaft sucks if it’s not fixable. The OEM unit was serving me well though with 40k miles on it. The goal is for this to last longer.
Sry, Real novice question:
Is the point of this incase you bang it on a rock it will have less chance to bend or break?
Or are there other benifits?

OP
OP
popo_patty

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sry, Real novice question:
Is the point of this incase you bang it on a rock it will have less chance to bend or break?
Or are there other benifits?
So on the trail driveshafts can snap sometimes. Typically this happens at the joint due to excessive load, similar to a cv axle. On the OEM shaft, the joint is not replaceable. On the Spicer, the lower joint is replaceable. It can easily be done in the field in 30 minutes or less.
The slip yoke got moved further back too so it’s less susceptible to hits. The OEM shaft is honestly plenty fine and I havnt broken it. Odds are, you can just keep it! I’m just into trying things out on the market and hasn’t heard anything about the Spicer yet so here we are

MattCO4x4

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm on my 4th rear driveshaft (2dr sas no additional lift). I purchased the spicer shaft about 400 miles ago because the Ford ones bust the tcase side cv boot. Not building confidence the spicer shaft will last any better. Seems like every time I go to Moab it comes back with the rubber tcase side boot cracked. I'm tired of going to the dealer.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does any have the length of the 2dr rear drive shaft flange to flange? Either transfer case (full time or part time). Not sure the length changes much if any.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm on my 4th rear driveshaft (2dr sas no additional lift). I purchased the spicer shaft about 400 miles ago because the Ford ones bust the tcase side cv boot. Not building confidence the spicer shaft will last any better. Seems like every time I go to Moab it comes back with the rubber tcase side boot cracked. I'm tired of going to the dealer.
I think @BigMeatsBronco has had issues with that boot also. Don’t think it can take very high angles. I think he is running a 2+ inch lower shock mount relocation so has greater angles than you do.
Sponsored