Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks. And sorry, to clarify I mean it would be one SS3 on each side?
Correct, the factory LED fog lamp housings would be removed and our SS3 LED pods would be installed.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Correct, the factory LED fog lamp housings would be removed and our SS3 LED pods would be installed.
Hey John:

i wanted to follow up on this….if engineering is gonna develop a kit for the Capable, I’m really hoping you all will make it it fit an SS3 and then like a c1 or c2 bc there is definitely room…

a kit for just the SS3 is a little pointless bc you already sell a replacement for the factory fog for the standard bumper (which would also work for the capable)

if you guys could make that I’d def hold out for that and I know a ton of capable bumper owners would too

would give everyone a chance to have 2 lights on that bumper. Fog and spot amber and white.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey John:

i wanted to follow up on this….if engineering is gonna develop a kit for the Capable, I’m really hoping you all will make it it fit an SS3 and then like a c1 or c2 bc there is definitely room…

a kit for just the SS3 is a little pointless bc you already sell a replacement for the factory fog for the standard bumper (which would also work for the capable)

if you guys could make that I’d def hold out for that and I know a ton of capable bumper owners would too

would give everyone a chance to have 2 lights on that bumper. Fog and spot amber and white.
I will be sure to share this recommendation with our engineering team!

However, I cannot promise anything more than a plug-and-play SS3 LED fog light kit. There is a lot of time required for research, development, and production that wouldn't be a fast process by any means.

Unfortunately, it's most likely our standard plug-and-play SS3 LED will remain the primary product offered for the 2022 Bronco with a capable bumper at this time.

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will be sure to share this recommendation with our engineering team!

However, I cannot promise anything more than a plug-and-play SS3 LED fog light kit. There is a lot of time required for research, development, and production that wouldn't be a fast process by any means.

Unfortunately, it's most likely our standard plug-and-play SS3 LED will remain the primary product offered for the 2022 Bronco with a capable bumper at this time.
Thanks man

would appreciate it as I know many would. It’s a big pocket space and 2 lights Would be great!

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Our amber backlight for our fog light kits includes an additional wire lead that will need to be tapped to a 12v source.

We recommend the parking or running lights to illuminate the backlight when the main beam isn't turned on.

When the main beam is turned on, our SS3 pods include an override feature that turns off the backlight function and will resume when the main beam is turned off.

I've forwarded your request to our engineering team. However, the bumper pocket next to the OEM fogs is rather small after doing some research. It would be more ideal to mount a standard SSC1 SAE-Fog in that location. However, we recommend measuring for fitment first.

SSC1_Image_1.jpeg

https://www.diodedynamics.com/off-road-auxiliary-led/led-pods/ssc1.html

We will be releasing an SS3 fog light kit for the 2022 Capable Bumper once our engineering team can review the bumper for fitment of our brackets.
Hey DD, just wanted to follow up
On this to see if y’all had had any progress with the capable bumper.

Lot of us looking for an option for some of those sweet SS3’s with the backlights.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey DD, just wanted to follow up
On this to see if y’all had had any progress with the capable bumper.

Lot of us looking for an option for some of those sweet SS3’s with the backlights.
Hey Wesley!

Unfortunately, there are many projects in line at the moment here at Diode Dynamics.

I've mentioned this request to our engineering team and it's been noted but no current update or time frame regarding research, design, or availability. As soon as I get word, I will be happy to update this thread.

The best way to keep up to date in the meantime is by checking our social media channels for the latest updates and information. Sorry about that!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
QlDKqgf.jpg

Diode Dynamics’ 15% OFF flash sale is going on NOW!

Get 15% off all LED lighting upgrades with code “FLASH” at checkout.

This sale ends tonight, 3/22 at midnight (CST)!

CLICK HERE TO SHOP!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco SS3 Ditch Light Kit for 2021 Bronco! Bolts on to Accessory Ready mounting points! QlDKqgf

Diode Dynamics’ 15% OFF flash sale is going on NOW!

Get 15% off all LED lighting upgrades with code “FLASH” at checkout.

This sale ends tonight, 3/22 at midnight (CST)!

CLICK HERE TO SHOP!
John, a few questions:
The SS3 Sport Pods - are in stock and ready to ship at $180.
The SS3 Sport Pods Bronco Kit - are back-ordered 3-4 weeks at $240

What is included in the kit that forces the back-order status and $60 price difference?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
John, a few questions:
The SS3 Sport Pods - are in stock and ready to ship at $180.
The SS3 Sport Pods Bronco Kit - are back-ordered 3-4 weeks at $240

What is included in the kit that forces the back-order status and $60 price difference?
The SS3 Sport Pods are $180 without a wiring harness included or backlight.

The SS3 Sport Pods are $210 with a wiring harness and no backlight.

The SS3 Sport Pods are $220 with a wiring harness and backlight feature added.

The SS3 Sport Ditch Light Kit for the 2021+ Ford Bronco is $240 with a wiring harness, OEM Auxiliary switch harness, and backlight feature included.

I hope this information is helpful!

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The SS3 Sport Pods are $180 without a wiring harness included or backlight.

The SS3 Sport Pods are $210 with a wiring harness and no backlight.

The SS3 Sport Pods are $220 with a wiring harness and backlight feature added.

The SS3 Sport Ditch Light Kit for the 2021+ Ford Bronco is $240 with a wiring harness, OEM Auxiliary switch harness, and backlight feature included.

I hope this information is helpful!
Yes it is. But what is interesting is the first link for $180 is for the SS3 Sport Pods, but I first filtered the results to have blue backlight. I never added them to the cart. But a buyer could be under the presumption that they filtered the results and items displayed matched their criteria. If a different item was shipped than what the buyer was expecting, it could lead to a unpleasant customer service experience.

But thank you for the description of differences. I presume all include the mounting bracket? And what is the OEM Aux switch harness? I have the Aux switches on my Bronco.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes it is. But what is interesting is the first link for $180 is for the SS3 Sport Pods, but I first filtered the results to have blue backlight. I never added them to the cart. But a buyer could be under the presumption that they filtered the results and items displayed matched their criteria. If a different item was shipped than what the buyer was expecting, it could lead to a unpleasant customer service experience.

But thank you for the description of differences. I presume all include the mounting bracket? And what is the OEM Aux switch harness? I have the Aux switches on my Bronco.
Thank you for the feedback regarding our listing, Ken! I will notify our team of this confusion.

Yes, mounting brackets and hardware are included. You can see what's included with each product in the description on the lower half of the listing.

Universal SS3 Sport LED Pods:

Ford Bronco SS3 Ditch Light Kit for 2021 Bronco! Bolts on to Accessory Ready mounting points! FireShot Capture 826 - Stage Series 3_ SAE_DOT White Sport LED Pod (pair) - www.diodedynamics

The OEM Aux Switch Harness is included for Bronco owners that have aux switches included with their build.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Diode Dynamics Is the free shipping promotion no longer valid for B6G? Or do we have to contact customer service after ordering to apply the discount?

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Diode Dynamics Is the free shipping promotion no longer valid for B6G? Or do we have to contact customer service after ordering to apply the discount?
Unfortunately, during sale periods coupon codes aren't combinable. Sorry about that!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Did you know?

Our team here at Diode Dynamics is an energetic group of over 80 people, who work hard to make quality lighting, with the best service possible in St.Louis, Missouri.

We take pride in our quality products, our customer-focused service, and our work in going "against the grain" to manufacture products here in the USA!

wZoIqc5.jpg

If you have any questions, feel free to let us know!
Sponsored