Sponsored

Sta-bar Disconnect WARNING : FORD NOT COVERING KNOWN ISSUE IF YOUR VEHICLE IS MODIFIED

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can tell you. Yeah, if you make modifications that Ford can show led to the failure of their part, then yes, they can deny warranty coverage. Changing the suspension without taking into account the changes necessary for the sway bar seem like it could likely result in no warranty.

I just looked at 3 of the various lifts, even some up to 7". None include new sway bar end links, yet most have new control arms. Something to consider.
74Weld Portals: I assume due to the axle lift, this won't be an issue. If they'd only come down in price (maybe half or more if Quinn figures out a foundry process?), suspension lifts might become fewer and far between.

I personally don't want to regret getting a suspension lift due to all the problems, but it's not like there's (any) history with rec Portals... yet. 🤞

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"it would seem that the issue is not directly related to aftermarket suspension or a lift."
Speculation. How do you know that his Bronco was fine, but the modifications resulted in its failure?
How is my speculation different than the service department going "well you lifted it so that caused the failure"?

also, given that his warning showed up on road and in the same or a similar manner as other people who have reported this problem on stock broncos, gives weight to the idea that if it wasn't lifted it still would have broken. remember again that the burden of proof is on Ford to prove that the modification caused the failure, not the consumer to prove it didn't.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But it doesn't. And Ford didn't give guidance as to what kind of lift would be invalidate the warranty for the sway bar disconnect.

People get millions because they can't handle warm drinks. This should be a slam dunk.
The warm drink lawsuit was overturned by the way. The media fails to report that with the same vigor as the original result. . My point is, folks routinely modify their vehicles and fail to carry out the modification correctly. Or they modify to an absolute extreme, and then wonder why the damn thing broke. Reminds of when the pick up truck lifting craze began. Drive shafts were falling out of differentials because the owner wanted it high but disregarded the corrective geometry on the drive train required to ensure operation. We all want the “ shine” but hate the required “ grime”. Anyway, there was a fellow earlier who had 40’s on his rig and tore the suspension up when he did the trail turn assist. At first they denied the repair but they e entually agreed to fix it under warranty.

OP
OP
Grodyoffroad

Grodyoffroad

Badlands
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Bronco, 21 FE, 22 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the doomsayers ignoring the fact that the guy's rig has a pretty substantial lift. Who knows how it was done. And yet everybody is crying about the factory swaybar disconnect being to blame. If you look around I doubt you will find a statistically significant portion of people with stock or near stock broncos with the disconnecting swaybar that have issues. The technology hate on these forums is hilarious.
did you read, i had the same issue happen on my stock 4 door FE twice. Ford is aware of this issue and i bet eventually will have a recall. either way. should be fixed under warranty in my opinion.

Sponsored

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
i would fully expect them and every other dealer (now that the VIN is probably flagged) to deny the warranty due to mods.

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
did you read, i had the same issue happen on my stock 4 door FE twice. Ford is aware of this issue and i bet eventually will have a recall. either way. should be fixed under warranty in my opinion.
Yes, but you having that issue twice can just be coincidence. It's an anecdote, not hard evidence of any problem given the tens of thousands of trouble free units that have seen various degrees of wear and tear.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

74Weld Portals: I assume due to the axle lift, this won't be an issue. If they'd only come down in price (maybe half or more if Quinn figures out a foundry process?), suspension lifts might become fewer and far between.

I personally don't want to regret getting a suspension lift due to all the problems, but it's not like there's (any) history with rec Portals... yet. 🤞
This is why I have the Ford Performance Lift Kit based on Bilstein 6100s. Excellent kit and you won’t get into any warranty trouble.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did the sta bar problem get fix in the newer broncos like most stuff?
🤷‍♂️

SSM 51863 2021-2023 Bronco - Equipped With Sta-Bar Disconnect Assembly And Harness
During replacement of the electronic front stabilizer bar disconnect assembly on 2021-2023 Bronco vehicles, removal and replacement of the sta-bar harness is required. To assist engineering with root cause analysis of failed sta-bar disconnect assemblies, include the sta-bar harness with the part in the same package when returning warranty replacement sta-bar disconnect assembly. The sta-bar disconnect assembly return should also be packaged in the original box with all protective insulators in place to properly protect it during shipping. Use the Report a Vehicle Concern link at the bottom of OASIS to submit a report with photos attached (if possible) for any front stabilizer bar disconnect concerns.

The TSB the SSM is referring to kind of points the finger at water intrusion in the harness/disco and is for 21-22 models. Neither the disco harness or the disco itself are revised or new numbers either so likely no design changes. Could've been the seal in the connector was not good or just in a location that lent itself to too much exposure which is why they're packed with di-electric when doing the repair.

Service Procedure

1. Is water or corrosion present in any of the following connectors: C1295A, C1295B, C1294A, and/or C1294B?

(1). Yes - replace the front stabilizer bar disconnect harness and the front stabilizer bar disconnect, Refer to WSM Section 204-01. Apply electrical grease or equivalent into all 4 connectors. Proceed to Step 2.

(2). No - apply electrical grease or equivalent into all 4 connectors. Proceed to Step 2.

2. Is water or corrosion present in either side of connector C1415?

(1). Yes - replace the front stabilizer bar disconnect harness and body harness. Apply electrical grease or equivalent into connector C1415. Proceed to Step 3.

(2). No - apply electrical grease or equivalent into connector C1415. Proceed to Step 3.

3. Is water or corrosion present in connector C445?

(1). Yes - replace connector C445 with a service pigtail kit and the CHCM, Refer to WSM Section 204-01. Apply electrical grease or equivalent into connector C445. Proceed to Step 4.

(2). No - apply electrical grease or equivalent into connector C445. Proceed to Step 4.

4. Reprogram the CHCM using the latest software version of the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) scan tool.

OP
OP
Grodyoffroad

Grodyoffroad

Badlands
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Bronco, 21 FE, 22 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, but you having that issue twice can just be coincidence. It's an anecdote, not hard evidence of any problem given the tens of thousands of trouble free units that have seen various degrees of wear and tear.
you must be alot of fun at parties. there are hundreds if not thousands having this issue and ford is aware.

Sponsored

SoDak1623

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F150, 2022 Badlands MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you must be alot of fun at parties. there are hundreds if not thousands having this issue and ford is aware.
Oh look, the old immature "fun at parties" response, that about sums it up. I'd love to see your evidence of "hundreds, if not thousands having this issue" and of Ford being aware. Once again, no statistically significant evidence means your point is moot. But keep on keeping on with the sympathy thread! (y)

OP
OP
Grodyoffroad

Grodyoffroad

Badlands
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 Bronco, 21 FE, 22 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh look, the old immature "fun at parties" response, that about sums it up. I'd love to see your evidence of "hundreds, if not thousands having this issue" and of Ford being aware. Once again, no statistically significant evidence means your point is moot. But keep on keeping on with the sympathy thread! (y)
if only you had access to a search bar or a search engine on this here internet. service manager said its a known issue, ME first hand also know its a known issue. this aint no pity party. ITS A WARNING TO EVERYONE WITH Sway bar disconnect. if you staying stock or not it doesnt matter. its gonna happen to you also. so not sure why you are still arguing against.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP - No argument from me! If I understand your predicament correctly, you do not know what is the exact issue with your sway bar disconnect is, and the dealer’s not telling you what is wrong either?

Why not take it to a competent mechanic to find out what the exact problem is? There must be 100’s of competent mechanics in El Paso that have the ability to diagnose electronic/mechanical issues with Ford’s.

The mechanic I use here in Houston, would be capable of diagnosing this issue and would tell me if he thought it was a Warranty Issue.

If you could find such a mechanic (that you trust) in El Paso, you could go back to Ford with some ammunition (documentation), rather than, “It broke and it’s your problem”. Paying for a few hours of mechanics time is probably a lot cheaper than even paying for a threatening letter from a lawyer.

Everyone here is looking forward to hearing about your resolution, one way or the other.

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
🤷‍♂️

SSM 51863 2021-2023 Bronco - Equipped With Sta-Bar Disconnect Assembly And Harness
During replacement of the electronic front stabilizer bar disconnect assembly on 2021-2023 Bronco vehicles, removal and replacement of the sta-bar harness is required. To assist engineering with root cause analysis of failed sta-bar disconnect assemblies, include the sta-bar harness with the part in the same package when returning warranty replacement sta-bar disconnect assembly. The sta-bar disconnect assembly return should also be packaged in the original box with all protective insulators in place to properly protect it during shipping. Use the Report a Vehicle Concern link at the bottom of OASIS to submit a report with photos attached (if possible) for any front stabilizer bar disconnect concerns.

The TSB the SSM is referring to kind of points the finger at water intrusion in the harness/disco and is for 21-22 models. Neither the disco harness or the disco itself are revised or new numbers either so likely no design changes. Could've been the seal in the connector was not good or just in a location that lent itself to too much exposure which is why they're packed with di-electric when doing the repair.

Service Procedure

1. Is water or corrosion present in any of the following connectors: C1295A, C1295B, C1294A, and/or C1294B?

(1). Yes - replace the front stabilizer bar disconnect harness and the front stabilizer bar disconnect, Refer to WSM Section 204-01. Apply electrical grease or equivalent into all 4 connectors. Proceed to Step 2.

(2). No - apply electrical grease or equivalent into all 4 connectors. Proceed to Step 2.

2. Is water or corrosion present in either side of connector C1415?

(1). Yes - replace the front stabilizer bar disconnect harness and body harness. Apply electrical grease or equivalent into connector C1415. Proceed to Step 3.

(2). No - apply electrical grease or equivalent into connector C1415. Proceed to Step 3.

3. Is water or corrosion present in connector C445?

(1). Yes - replace connector C445 with a service pigtail kit and the CHCM, Refer to WSM Section 204-01. Apply electrical grease or equivalent into connector C445. Proceed to Step 4.

(2). No - apply electrical grease or equivalent into connector C445. Proceed to Step 4.

4. Reprogram the CHCM using the latest software version of the Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) scan tool.
Flip - Thanks for posting.

Is there a possibility that my dealer here in Houston would be willing to “pack” all of the 4(?) electrical connectors with dielectric grease?
Sponsored