Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not really sure where I should post this thread, but.... As much as I might be upset with my Ford Bronco First Edition options… (or any other model), the bottom line is Ford came back with an icon. It is the old gen Bronco reborn! I imagine there are going to be issues, whether it’s color packages, trim levels, options, etc… Ford will get it right down the road, as long as the Bronco line continues and we keep talking. This model/style ended in 1977! How many of you were… (I’m old). I don’t think Ford will get this 100% to everyone’s satisfaction the first time out, but it’s back! The Bronco has been reborn! And for those of us that have been waiting or had a previous early gen model, this is epic! Old school done right! Ordering starts next month! Let’s work with what we have and continue to discuss (with Ford) how to make it better, without the negativity. Otherwise, just consider buying an Italian Fiat Jeep...
Not really sure where I should post this thread, but.... As much as I might be upset with my Ford Bronco First Edition options… (or any other model), the bottom line is Ford came back with an icon. It is the old gen Bronco reborn! I imagine there are going to be issues, whether it’s color packages, trim levels, options, etc… Ford will get it right down the road, as long as the Bronco line continues and we keep talking. This model/style ended in 1977! How many of you were… (I’m old). I don’t think Ford will get this 100% to everyone’s satisfaction the first time out, but it’s back! The Bronco has been reborn! And for those of us that have been waiting or had a previous early gen model, this is epic! Old school done right! Ordering starts next month! Let’s work with what we have and continue to discuss (with Ford) how to make it better, without the negativity. Otherwise, just consider buying an Italian Fiat Jeep...
I agree. I’m so glad that they went with the IRS. Also the 2.7 twin turbo in the F150 is being tuned to over 500 hp And the ten speed auto is amazing. I have a 71 and love the looks of the new one.
This thing is a grand slam. A basesquach for me!

Ford Bronco Stop the hate! The Bronco is back! AB40BC6B-9AED-4048-AEEC-15FC1FEAD82B
Sponsored

OP
OP
D190065

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

carry on OP, just trying to save you some time and offer peace of mind. Enjoy the bronco regardless but you can’t make everyone else like every aspect of it. and it’s just human nature to talk about the things we don’t like if we feel there is opportunity to get it changed
That was my point, nobody will ever be totally happy. But we can offer our opinions to the right people and hopefully they listen..... But in the meantime, we either take it as is or don't.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a '72. Loved it. Compared to a 2021, it was a very rudimentary vehicle. How many options are available with the new Bronco compared to Gen 1? We are getting spoiled. This will be the most advanced vehicle I have ever purchased.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the bottom line: you either like what Ford is rolling out or you do not. And you make a purchase decision accordingly, not real complicated. As another old guy, I share the joy and pride that Ford is breathing new life into an American legend, and one that I thought I would never see again. So, yeah there are some things I would like see offered that are not or a color change here or there, but let there be no doubt, I am buying it. And I am probably going to order one with options and accessories I will rarely use due in no small part because of the cool factor (that would be the Steve MacQueen factor for the older folks) and I am going to drive it over rocks, through sand to the mall and love every second of it. SASQ here I come! Thank you, Ford!

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have a Ford background. My dad bought an early 70's Toyota FJ Landcruiser and I remember sitting in the rear sideways seats bouncing all over the place. I wish I still had that thing. It was was the only car I really remember as a kid. The others were boring. I had a Jeep in the 90s and didn't like it much. Very underpowered, but loved the open roof concept. I bought a Toyota FJ a few years ago in memory of my dad and found it unappealing for various reasons so I sold it. I loved the retro style of it but it was not a comfortable vehicle and with 2 kids getting in and out of the back, it was PAINFUL. Felt like the gas tank was maybe 4 gallons so I was going to gas station what seemed like every other day.... Now there is this new Bronco and I can't wait! I'm happy with the options (yes there are some oddities, but it WILL be better than the FJ). I'm ready to be able to open the roof and cruise around, etc. Ready to be able to do some modest wheeling and scenic CO back roads w/o mods. Ready to buy what will probably be the last fully gas powered vehicle I will buy. So this one is going to be fun! I'm still debating the manual or the automatic, although I think Denver traffic will answer that one for me.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I couldn’t be more excited and happy..
I’ve never been through a process of ordering a new vehicle let alone something as iconic as the bronco
My 6 year old self can still remember riding shotgun yes most likely no seatbelt too with my pops ridin the gravel roads in his ‘73...

Man life is good..

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agreed OP. I have been feeling a little... jaded recently by the amount of negativity around here. We get it, FORD gets it (they’ve heard loud and clear) now we just have to wait and see if they might have an answer to some of the complaints for the 2021 MY. I’m sure they will all be addressed with a mid cycle refresh. To me, the Bronco’s bones seem solid. A base for me is going to be a never ending project, and I can’t wait. For those who just want a high trim that’s turn key and they never turn a wrench on it, I get the frustration too. But at the end of the day, what’s set in stone is set in stone. If a few month delay for your painted top or the interior options aren’t enough, the JL wrangler has a pretty decent interior. Grab one for a few years and come get a Bronco when ford has what you want, that’s why I bought my Jeep.

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been excited about this reveal for quite some time and even with all the awkward fumbles Ford has made, I still am. To be honest though most of these complaints Ford has brought on themselves. Don't misunderstand frustration with hate. In a truly remarkable way, Ford over promised and has under delivered. Yes, we will still get a great truck, just not as awesome as we originally thought. Venting is good for the soul.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been excited about this reveal for quite some time and even with all the awkward fumbles Ford has made, I still am. To be honest though most of these complaints Ford has brought on themselves. Don't misunderstand frustration with hate. In a truly remarkable way, Ford over promised and has under delivered. Yes, we will still get a great truck, just not as awesome as we originally thought. Venting is good for the soul.
This!! I don't hate anything about the Bronco, just really frustrated the way Ford has their B&P right now and the packages. Hoping they will listen to the feedback and offer up more variety of packages to different models.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the bottom line is Ford came back with an icon. It is the old gen Bronco reborn!...... .This model/style ended in 1977! ...... The Bronco has been reborn! And for those of us that have been waiting or had a previous early gen model, this is epic! Old school done right!
Absolutely!!! Having had a 76 and the EB's being the only style I ever really cared for I am excited beyond words how well they pulled off the styling and what appears to be the capability from off the showroom floor. After giving my XJ away, I didn't have the heart to build another Jeep. I never took Ford serious after almost 2 decades of teasers with the same proto photo. But when I saw this after the launch, I have been all in.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Humans run on a very narrow comfort zone temp too hot and too cold not that much of a swing ,hungry 3 times a day too, its a wonder anyone is happy.
I have thoroughly enjoyed this forum and everyones different needs and wants its kinda cool how you all want to make it special?
A bunch of you are cukoo bird and wouldnt if next year had the base godzilla v8 manual white top platypus interior with 6 bottle openers ,but you have your right to get what you pay for so right on.
Got a corned beef in the slow cooker calling to me cheers guys ?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These threads are funny but I understand the sentiment. If they gave you most of the options you want and you’re happy who gives a crap if others have complaints? They’re going to voice them whether folks like it or not.

And no, complaints don’t mean people will cancel their reservations either. Some might but Ford will have no problem filling those empty slots.

I got caught up in this in the rear AC vents thread a while back. Then it hit me, since it’s not that big a deal to me why waste time trying to convince others it’s not a big deal to them?

If folks think it’s great as is, awesome! If they think it’s got of lot of issues that’s fine too.

carry on OP, just trying to save you some time and offer peace of mind. Enjoy the bronco regardless but you can’t make everyone else like every aspect of it. and it’s just human nature to talk about the things we don’t like if we feel there is opportunity to get it changed
Agreed. But there's also the general feel, energy, and culture of a community. It's become a bit... negative here. And so I think op is trying to edge it back towards positivity and excitement
Sponsored