First Name
Garrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
ABSOLUTELY agree, so thankful to get a NEW Bronco. It’s obvious not many of the people complaining work in manufacturing. Getting so many units out during this severely up and down availability time due to COVID-19 is nothing short of impressive. It is impossible to predict shortages and work force quarantines in today’s environment for not only your plant, but all of your suppliers.
Sponsored

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not really sure where I should post this thread, but.... As much as I might be upset with my Ford Bronco First Edition options… (or any other model), the bottom line is Ford came back with an icon. It is the old gen Bronco reborn! I imagine there are going to be issues, whether it’s color packages, trim levels, options, etc… Ford will get it right down the road, as long as the Bronco line continues and we keep talking. This model/style ended in 1977! How many of you were… (I’m old). I don’t think Ford will get this 100% to everyone’s satisfaction the first time out, but it’s back! The Bronco has been reborn! And for those of us that have been waiting or had a previous early gen model, this is epic! Old school done right! Ordering starts next month! Let’s work with what we have and continue to discuss (with Ford) how to make it better, without the negativity. Otherwise, just consider buying an Italian Fiat Jeep...
as someone buying my first off road vehicle I appreciate the positivity. Yes, there are issues with this first gen bronco but so does every car, the pros of what this truck offers greatly outweigh the cons for me.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having been driving Audis for the last 12 years this is a big leap of faith for me. My dad owned Fords and I have had at least one Ford in the garage for most of my life. I currently have a 97 F250 CC Powerstroke I bought new in 1996. I was looking at 70s vintage FJ40 when the Bronco rolled out and now I have a day 2 reservation. I'm selling my Audi A6 TDI which is the best car I've ever owned and one of my sons will get the truck they have wanted since I got it.
It's not perfect, but it has enough of what I want to make the move away from Audis. (My wife will keep her Q5 TDI if I need a back seat)
Thank you Ford for coming back BIG! Sasquatch

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Having been driving Audis for the last 12 years this is a big leap of faith for me. My dad owned Fords and I have had at least one Ford in the garage for most of my life. I currently have a 97 F250 CC Powerstroke I bought new in 1996. I was looking at 70s vintage FJ40 when the Bronco rolled out and now I have a day 2 reservation. I'm selling my Audi A6 TDI which is the best car I've ever owned and one of my sons will get the truck they have wanted since I got it.
It's not perfect, but it has enough of what I want to make the move away from Audis. (My wife will keep her Q5 TDI if I need a back seat)
Thank you Ford for coming back BIG! Sasquatch
Audi omg i worked for an awesome guy years ago who wouldnt let an audi in the garage lol, he told me they had heaters in the rear bumper so when you push them in the winter your hands stay warm. Then he pointed out to the highway and said how many old ones do you see going by zero, lol i think he was still mad about ww2.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Agreed. But there's also the general feel, energy, and culture of a community. It's become a bit... negative here. And so I think op is trying to edge it back towards positivity and excitement
Understandable, the forum has grown tenfold, that brought many new voices. With this comes many varying opinions, positive and negative, many are only here to complain as they think it is Twitter. Many others are here to compliment as they like the Bronco no matter what.

Then we have this excellent point:
Don't misunderstand frustration with hate.
Yes, there are many things to love about the Bronco, there are many outstanding, cool and cleaver features. But there are also very real and valid issues that frustrate some, no, make that many:
  1. Trail camera blocked by the brush guard.
  2. A vehicle designed from scratch that can't handle the weight of roof rails or PPF.
  3. Interiors that were designed by interns and not optimized for hot states.
These of couse are just a few examples of poor engineering and design decisions. Having spent years in engineering, some of these issues show first year grad mistakes without experienced supervisiors or managers reviewing the validity of the designs or correcting the mistakes. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe the budget constraints Ford has been under for a number of years led to these decisions.

Sure, some issues maybe fixed in follow-on years but as the saying goes, you only get one chance to make a first impression. Nevertheless, some of us still like the Bronco enough to keep watching and hope some of the items that frustrate us will get fixed in the follow-on years.

Sponsored

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been pretty happy with the Bronco overall. A lot of stuff people have complained about don't interest or bother me, so it does kind of wear me down at times. Admittedly I've been drawn into some of it.

I mainly wanted to get back into a basic Jeep sport, that I once owned, and missed greatly. I've always liked the original Bronco, so the new Bronco was a very plesant surprise.

Last edited: