First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. The cage of the nut will more than likely just be tack welded in. You should be able to bend the cage back, remove the nut plate. You'll then have to find a new nut that will fit and then you should be able to close the cage back around it.
This would be much easier if Ford showed a replacement in the catalog, but you should be able to make it work either way.

It should look something like this..

1688672233382.png
Sometimes they will spin in the cage too...threads are still there, but the tabs that are supposed to hold the nutsert get bent out. that will usually happen before stripping them, or the nutsert is just pushed out of the cage, and just laying up in there. Anybody who has put a tranny in a Contour knows all about this!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sometimes they will spin in the cage too...threads are still there, but the tabs that are supposed to hold the nutsert get bent out. that will usually happen before stripping them, or the nutsert is just pushed out of the cage, and just laying up in there. Anybody who has put a tranny in a Contour knows all about this!
This is very true. The nut may be perfectly fine and just broke loose from the cage.

OP
OP
85crawlrunner

85crawlrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well after undoing the drivers side body mount bolts and lifting the body to inspect it’s definitely something I’ll have to get from inside or it’s enclosed and not accessible.
I’ll have to remove some interior panels and carpet etc to see if I can access it there.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well after undoing the drivers side body mount bolts and lifting the body to inspect it’s definitely something I’ll have to get from inside or it’s enclosed and not accessible.
I’ll have to remove some interior panels and carpet etc to see if I can access it there.
Most likely have to cut a hole in the floor. Before you get too nuts, can you feel the nutsert in the hole from underneath? If it's pushed up in the cavity, you might be able to fish it back w/a magnet

Sponsored
OP
OP
85crawlrunner

85crawlrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Most likely have to cut a hole in the floor. Before you get too nuts, can you feel the nutsert in the hole from underneath? If it's pushed up in the cavity, you might be able to fish it back w/a magnet
Yes I can feel it there and it’s not loose.
When I try to install a new bolt it threads, but doesn’t torque, so it’s clearly stripped.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sucks, usually there is a rubber or plastic plug to access the nut.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I can feel it there and it’s not loose.
When I try to install a new bolt it threads, but doesn’t torque, so it’s clearly stripped.
If it's tight you could probably rethread it to M14x2.0 w/the body jacked up, and mount removed

EDIT: you are 100% sure you are putting the right bolt? the front 2 are smaller (M12x1.75) rear six are M13x1.75

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish I could find the Taurus sub frame recall, ya'll would love seeing how we had to cut out the floor board to get access to those stupid captive nuts when they spun out.

Hell, here it is....
Ford Bronco Stripped body “nut?” From body lift 1688676846965

Ford Bronco Stripped body “nut?” From body lift 1688676869277

Ford Bronco Stripped body “nut?” From body lift 1688676930980

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just for curiosity, did you use the factory bolts for the body lift or did the body lift come with longer bolts of a lesser quality? I'm trying to understand the exact failure. Bad bolt, bad body mount nut, over torque, cross thread? Maybe you may never know but any additional info may help others.
Sorry for your bad luck. I'd damn sure help if I was closer.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you can put the bolt in, then you can do the heli coil.

Prefer over cutting any day...

Good luck

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wish I could find the Taurus sub frame recall, ya'll would love seeing how we had to cut out the floor board to get access to those stupid captive nuts when they spun out.

Hell, here it is....

I actually threw up in my mouth a little thinking about those...glad they have all gone to the crusher finally! BTW the book is wrong, if you drill the hole where it shows you it gets you nowhere...gotta drill it where that line that says 2 1/2 inches is

OP
OP
85crawlrunner

85crawlrunner

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just for curiosity, did you use the factory bolts for the body lift or did the body lift come with longer bolts of a lesser quality? I'm trying to understand the exact failure. Bad bolt, bad body mount nut, over torque, cross thread? Maybe you may never know but any additional info may help others.
Sorry for your bad luck. I'd damn sure help if I was closer.
The front two bolts are longer and all others were using existing bolts. This one was existing and seemed to go in fine originally. It’s very possible that it was a cross thread though or that it was over torqued. I also am the second owner so I have no idea if something was done prior to me and if that was the start of my problem or if the body nut just was shit to begin with.
Sponsored